The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Strike Zero

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk I

Well, let's see:

聖拳突き (Seiken-zuki) - Sacred Fist Thrust
Used in episodes 1, 3, 4, 7 & 9. Powerful punch attack. Has been used with the Winning Knuckle

疾風突き (Shippu-zuki) - Gale Thrust
Used in episodes 1, 4, 6, 7 & 8. Same execution as the Seiken-zuki while generating a surge of Plavsky energy around the fist. Has also been used with the Winning Knuckle.

聖槍蹴り (Seisou-geri) - Sacred Spear Kick
Used in episodes 2 & 4. Powerful flying kick attack.

蒼天紅蓮拳 (Souten Guren-ken) - Azure Sky Crimson Fist
Used in episodes 3, 9 & 10 (by Mirai). Basically a SHORYUKEN.

旋風竜巻蹴り (Senpuu Tatsumaki-geri) - Whirlwind Tornado Kick
Used in episodes 3 & 7, & feinted in 8. Sekai spins in the air to create a giant whirlwind, then follows up with a flying spinkick.

流星螺旋拳 (Ryuusei Rasen-ken) - Meteor Spiral Fist
Used in episode 5. Enhances his punch by spinning the Build Burning's fist in its socket and generating a surge of energy around it

弾丸破岩拳 (Dangan Hagan-ken) - Bullet Rock-Breaking Fist
Used in episode 6 in combination with the Winning Knuckle. Hits the ground and creates a massive shockwave.

閃光魔術蹴り (Senkou Majutsu-geri) - Flash Sorcery Kick
Used in episode 7. Same execution as the Seisou-geri while generating a surge of Plavsky energy around the foot.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
gunform1010

Strike Zero wrote:Well, let's see:

聖拳突き (Seiken-zuki) - Sacred Fist Thrust
Used in episodes 1, 3, 4, 7 & 9. Powerful punch attack. Has been used with the Winning Knuckle

疾風突き (Shippu-zuki) - Gale Thrust
Used in episodes 1, 4, 6, 7 & 8. Same execution as the Seiken-zuki while generating a surge of Plavsky energy around the fist. Has also been used with the Winning Knuckle.

聖槍蹴り (Seisou-geri) - Sacred Spear Kick
Used in episodes 2 & 4. Powerful flying kick attack.

蒼天紅蓮拳 (Souten Guren-ken) - Azure Sky Crimson Fist

旋風竜巻蹴り (Senpuu Tatsumaki-geri) - Whirlwind Tornado Kick
Used in episodes 3 & 7, & feinted in 8. Sekai spins in the air to create a giant whirlwind, then follows up with a flying spinkick.

流星螺旋拳 (Ryuusei Rasen-ken) - Meteor Spiral Fist
Used in episode 5. Enhances his punch by spinning the Build Burning's fist in its socket and generating a surge of energy around it

弾丸破岩拳 (Dangan Hagan-ken) - Bullet Rock-Breaking Fist
Used in episode 6 in combination with the Winning Knuckle. Hits the ground and creates a massive shockwave.

Used in episode 7. Same execution as the Seisou-geri while generating a surge of Plavsky energy around the foot.
Appreciate it, thank you.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Mythgarr

Still they all looks the same for me...
Visit The Dreams
Xenosynth

I don't get this complaint. I've seen it here, I've seen it on another forum, and I'm just confused. Is there something wrong with my eyes that I actually see the moves as different/more interesting that the Build Knuckle? I mean, they aren't the best or anything, but I just think we've seen more variety with these finishers and yet I see people complaining a bit more than when there was a solid episode string of Build Knuckle victories.

I dunno. Maybe I'm reading way too far into people's negativity, plus the fact that I am no good at dealing with said negativity. I might need to take a break from the anime threads and just stick with the mecha ones. People have been a bit more positive after last episode but just, I dunno.
gunform1010

Just curious, was Bakunetsu-no-Jin (The Explosive Form) used in Episode 9 too?

Strike Zero

I would assume that's what the Build Burning lighting itself on fire was, yes.
Mythgarr

Xenosynth wrote:I don't get this complaint. I've seen it here, I've seen it on another forum, and I'm just confused. Is there something wrong with my eyes that I actually see the moves as different/more interesting that the Build Knuckle? I mean, they aren't the best or anything, but I just think we've seen more variety with these finishers and yet I see people complaining a bit more than when there was a solid episode string of Build Knuckle victories.

I dunno. Maybe I'm reading way too far into people's negativity, plus the fact that I am no good at dealing with said negativity. I might need to take a break from the anime threads and just stick with the mecha ones. People have been a bit more positive after last episode but just, I dunno.
Well, speaking for myself, I am simply bored with the fact that Build Strike has strings of finishings with Build Knuckle, and we are treated with a main mecha that does nothing else but punchings its way to victory. I am expecting more fluid hand to hand battle choreography (like one we have on the G-Reco with the Mack Knives) and haven't gotten it so far. It's always linear punches, linear kicks.
Visit The Dreams
gunform1010

Mythgarr wrote:
Xenosynth wrote:I don't get this complaint. I've seen it here, I've seen it on another forum, and I'm just confused. Is there something wrong with my eyes that I actually see the moves as different/more interesting that the Build Knuckle? I mean, they aren't the best or anything, but I just think we've seen more variety with these finishers and yet I see people complaining a bit more than when there was a solid episode string of Build Knuckle victories.

Well, speaking for myself, I am simply bored with the fact that Build Strike has strings of finishings with Build Knuckle, and we are treated with a main mecha that does nothing else but punchings its way to victory. I am expecting more fluid hand to hand battle choreography (like one we have on the G-Reco with the Mack Knives) and haven't gotten it so far. It's always linear punches, linear kicks.
So what do you want? The Build Burning to be eliminated one match and instead the Winning or Lightning scoring the killing blow? Although that could actually be welcome...

monster

gunform1010 wrote:
Mythgarr wrote:I am expecting more fluid hand to hand battle choreography (like one we have on the G-Reco with the Mack Knives)
So what do you want?
I believe Mythgarr has just said it.
gunform1010

monster wrote: I believe Mythgarr has just said it.
Much more intense Episode 7s. Right. >:P

Also, why was Minato not bothered by how his Mega-Shiki's arm shattered? Surely as a builder he'd take insult with that?

Mythgarr

gunform1010 wrote:
monster wrote: I believe Mythgarr has just said it.
Much more intense Episode 7s. Right. >:P

Also, why was Minato not bothered by how his Mega-Shiki's arm shattered? Surely as a builder he'd take insult with that?
Build Burning Gundam was made by Sei, who was (is) his (probable) master's rival and friend. He might be iffed, but he would simply accepted that he has miles to go before his gunpla's fist can destroy Sei's gunpla's head.

Anyway, I don't simply want to have intensified battle, I also want to have better choreographed battle. Probably like what we have on Garo: Makai no Hana, or if not, like I said, something like Mick Knife's dance of lasers. Heck, this is a Gunpla battle, imaginations need to run wild!
Visit The Dreams
gunform1010

Mythgarr wrote: Build Burning Gundam was made by Sei, who was (is) his (probable) master's rival and friend. He might be iffed, but he would simply accepted that he has miles to go before his gunpla's fist can destroy Sei's gunpla's head.
Alright, that works. Too bad they don't bother to show that.

I was hoping for the chance for the Winning Gundam to shine on its own, with both Lightning and the BB taken out, but we know it's almost an impossibility to take out the BB. Unless the writers want to surprise us.

HellCat

The problem is that what happens each week is basically Sekai jumping into the air, shouting the attack name and punching/kicking the enemy into defeat. I'm willing to bet language barrier plays a part in this but in general it comes across less as a well planned fight and more 'Episode is almost over, Sekai wins now BECAUSE'. Hasn't helped that Sekai's 'training' has come off less like that and more like a thin excuse for why he's still winning, much like how damage level seems there so there are no consequences.

The annoying thing is, Sekai vs the random alley guys in episode one suggested some creativity and form to his martial arts. It's not really coming across like that in the final fights, especially since anyone who should be a decent threat (like 'Sleggar') goes down anyway.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
YokozunaBulldozer

For most of us who are used to kick finishers we all know what Build Burning is lacking, the pinball kick from Kamen Rider Drive. :)
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Cybaster

Strike Zero wrote:蒼天紅蓮拳 (Souten Guren-ken) - Azure Sky Crimson Fist
A very painful one if Critical Hit, if I may add. :P
This actually seems to be a Seiso-geri with one leg followed immediately by an upwards knee kick with the other leg upon landing.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Mythgarr

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:For most of us who are used to kick finishers we all know what Build Burning is lacking, the pinball kick from Kamen Rider Drive. :)
I prefer Ouja's bicycle kick like Rider Kick
Visit The Dreams
Strike Zero

Kabuto's Rider Kick will always been tops for me.
AmuroNT1

As iffy as the show itself was, I was always a fan of Wizard's acrobatic kick.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
BrentD15

Wingnut wrote:
gunform1010 wrote:A Redditor or two have started to associate waffles wih Fumina x Sekai... permission to call this ship the Waffle Fighters?
Permission granted. Waffles vs. Bento, Ready, GO!
Spoiler
I can eat breakfast for any meal of the day so go Waffles!
Ice cream, bento, waffles, meat buns...
What is this, I-Hop? :mrgreen:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
gunform1010

BrentD15 wrote: What is this, I-Hop? :mrgreen:
Even better is that someone on the subreddit said "Come for the girl, stay for the waffles." :mrgreen:

Does anyone have the gif the Petit Beargguy striking a pose?