Cross Ange

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Compass

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

Also, the OP changed. Looks like we're also getting Justice Gundam.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Ryujin

That apology letter Momoka wrote on Ange's behalf is easily on a level with Kamille's report in Gundam Evolve 2.

Also, Salia & that missed grope, and it's got to be more than a coincidence that Ange was wearing a mask the one time she does that particular kick.
Spoiler
SHINING LOVE ENERGY!!!
Compass

Seriously, whoever wrote that essay is actually REALLY GOOD at English O_o
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
teslashark

I am still expecting this show to be revealed as set in 500 years after SEED when co-ordinating went out of control... At least that explains the English.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
BrentD15

teslashark wrote:I am still expecting this show to be revealed as set in 500 years after SEED when co-ordinating went out of control... At least that explains the English.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
doghunter1

Given Jill mentioning "Libertus," does that mean she's plotting a coup d'etat?
BrentD15

doghunter1 wrote:Given Jill mentioning "Libertus," does that mean she's plotting a coup d'etat?
No, I think she means this.
:P
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Iris Scope

Salia's secret is one that I hope to see much more of. :mrgreen: I have to call it as of right now, I am counting down the time it takes until Hilda inevitably dies in battle either trying to off Ange or sacrificing herself after she and Ange find some way to make peace. If it's the latter, I would expect an event like maybe her ex-lovers Rosalie and Chris getting offed midway through to spark the catalyst.
Erisie

Iris Scope wrote:I have to call it as of right now, I am counting down the time it takes until Hilda inevitably dies in battle either trying to off Ange or sacrificing herself after she and Ange find some way to make peace. If it's the latter, I would expect an event like maybe her ex-lovers Rosalie and Chris getting offed midway through to spark the catalyst.
The fact that Hilda, Rosalie and Chris (and Jill) are getting killed off is so obvious at this point it's not even funny: sexual psychopathy/abnormality is always a marker for a dead character. Oh, and Vivian is getting murdered as well.
If the staff really wants to surprise its audience at this point, they should play the same joke Frontier did with Ozma.

It is very likely that episode 8 will be the last one with cute character shenanigans. From then onwards, it kicks the gear for drama and grimdark. Mai-HiME and Muv-Luv did it too: the first third is light-hearted.
doghunter1 wrote:Given Jill mentioning "Libertus," does that mean she's plotting a coup d'etat?
It might mean that, after obtaining some degree of veterancy, Arzenal finally liberates its pilots to have a normal life. That would explain Tusk's mother.
Compass

The tongue in cheek is strong with this episode.
Ryujin

Compass wrote:The tongue in cheek is strong with this episode.
Spoiler
KYAAAaaa~
I enjoy those little touches, like the girl who was sleeping while Salia was watching the movie, or the dog looking guilty, or Ange also blaming Hilda for the Pero suit's smell.

Looks like there'll be an end to fun & games starting next episode, though.
Destiny_Gundam

Poor headband girl. Couldn't catch a break.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Erisie

Ryujin wrote:I enjoy those little touches, like the girl who was sleeping while Salia was watching the movie, or the dog looking guilty, or Ange also blaming Hilda for the Pero suit's smell.
Or the two girls trying to have a "moment alone", or Vulcan (Jasmine's dog) eating from a plate full of hamburgers, or Ange leaving a pile of cash for taking weapons from Jasmine's shop.
Also, we found out the name of that cute patchwork bear: "Perolina".
Ryujin wrote:Looks like there'll be an end to fun & games starting next episode, though.
Fugitive shenanigans are always fun. Except when Tusk comes to pick up Ange at gunpoint at the end of the episode.

Hilda basically made a heel-face turn in this episode. She was taken to Arzenal at an older age, so she remembers and misses her mother.

In all chance, we'll see Salia trying, and failing, to pilot the Vilkiss. As Mei (the mechanic) said in the previous episode, Vilkiss/Ange are the ones protecting the squad from certain death at the hands of the D.R.A.G.O.N.s. Thus, it's likely that these are the episodes on which Chris gets killed off (I don't want it to happen at all, but we all know how these shows operate).
Destiny_Gundam

Erisie wrote:we all know how these shows operate
But do we really? There was an event called "Bun-eating in melting swimsuits contest" and they didn't show us a damn thing.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Iris Scope

While i'm glad that this episode fleshed out Hilda as more than just a foil to Ange, I wonder if she ever truly loved anyone since she admits that she let herself become a sex slave to Zola but she supposedly mourned her loss with sincerity enough to try to kill Ange who she blamed for the accident. I wonder if she has some sort of psychotic disorder, and I don't think it's gonna get better when she gets to where she's going and as the preview shows, for some reason she cries. Probably her mother is long gone or something.
doghunter1

Iris Scope wrote:While i'm glad that this episode fleshed out Hilda as more than just a foil to Ange, I wonder if she ever truly loved anyone since she admits that she let herself become a sex slave to Zola but she supposedly mourned her loss with sincerity enough to try to kill Ange who she blamed for the accident. I wonder if she has some sort of psychotic disorder, and I don't think it's gonna get better when she gets to where she's going and as the preview shows, for some reason she cries. Probably her mother is long gone or something.
In regards to that, think we'll get something similar to how in Mobile Suit Gundam 0079's 13th episode, where Amuro got treated harshly by his own mother for being a soldier, as well as how in episodes 16-19 of Aura Battler Dunbine, where Shou got treated with scorn by his fellow Upper Earthlings for appearing in one of the titular mecha?
Compass

Spoiler
The little sister LITERALLY pulled a stunt to get Ange back so she could stab her?! That is some dark stuff right there.
BrentD15

Compass wrote:...
Spoiler
The little sister LITERALLY pulled a stunt to get Ange back so she could stab her?! That is some dark stuff right there.
Spoiler
And then there's what happened to Hilda...poor girl. :(
Iris Scope

Well...that was certainly THE darkest episode of the show yet! :( So downbeat that I had to listen to some positive song to get me out of the deep blue funk it left on me.
Spoiler
Hilda sporting a similar dress to her childhood days was soothing from her usual skimpy wear back in the base. After the beatdown by the police, her wondering if Ange found her Judas of a sister was comforting to hear from someone who up until now despised the very sight of her.
Ryujin

I'll give Sylvia the benefit of the doubt & assume there was some heavy duty Julio brainwashing dickery involved. Although, given the level of animosity towards Normas that's already been ingrained into their society and possibly some buried ill-will regarding her crippling, it may not have required that much of a push to begin with.

I'll also assume that, in addition to her other endearing qualities, Momoka's really gullible.
Last edited by Ryujin on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.