The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
AmuroNT1

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Mecha Thread Mk I

Also worth mentioning, the LBWS' beam cannons can mount on the Lightning Gundam's shoulders.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Akashi Takumi

Hmm, with the rumour and theory mills running abound with Simon being a "snap builder" and that Simon is the one holding the Destiny Gundam...would'nt that greatly reduce its performance because it was not build with "super special" world class skills?

If the Destiny does get wrecked on its first outing, I will be curious if they will re-build it into a custom Destiny.
AmuroNT1

I know this is more anime discussion, but it's possible that Simon is such a skilled fighter that it more than makes up for his Destiny's quality. That, or he uses it out of sentimental value, which seems likely given his brief scene in ep4.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Akashi Takumi

AmuroNT1 wrote:I know this is more anime discussion, but it's possible that Simon is such a skilled fighter that it more than makes up for his Destiny's quality. That, or he uses it out of sentimental value, which seems likely given his brief scene in ep4.
I see, so "inferior build quality" can be more than made up for with "superior fighting skills". Build and Fight...

Anyway going back on topic..

When the Mega Shiki was presented, the kid who was ogling the gunpla noted metal parts on the verniers to reinforce it. Does metal parts really help strengthen/enhance the performance of the gunpla? I also posted how the show introduces materials that are clearly not plastic that reacts anyway with plavsky particles. However this has not been fully explained on how exactly metal parts affect the performance during gunpla battle.
AmuroNT1

TBH they're a little inconsistent with their own stuff sometimes. It's said that Plavsky Particles ONLY respond to the plastic in Gundam models, but not only did the Zaku Amazing use parts from tank models, but the Build Strike's beam rifle had a metal barrel. I guess it's one of those things we're not supposed to sweat too much.

Outlaw

I believe we discussed this exact topic when the first build fighters came out.
I was of the opinion that so long as a gunpla is used as the basic body you could probably attach anything you want to it. Much the same way you don't directly control your clothing, it simply moves with your body. Also, just because Plavsky particles can't make other materiels move doesn't necessarily mean it has zero interaction with them. They are after all stored in giant metal tanks, that clearly shows that metal possesses some ability to block or resist Plavsky particles. And if all that is wrong it is still stated and shown that Plavsky particles can generate heat and that is something that definitely can interact with metal.

We also might have more proof that Plavsky particles could manipulate other things:
Spoiler
- They seemed to be able to move Reiji to and from earth, and last I checked he wasn't made of plastic. :P
- They also managed to relocate the giant Arista crystal into A Baoa Qu at the end of BF.
Granted we don't know if these abilitied are linked to Plavsky particles or if they are distinctly separate abilites of the Arista.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Evex

One way to look at the thrusters of the Hyaku Shiki is that it's a specialty part. If memory serves me right bandai sells accessory runners. These range from spikes for Zeon shoulder armor, to weapons and even verniers and thrusters. It is possible that in the Gunpla Fighter universe that special metal parts exist that can react with the plavsky particle. This is either through some sort of special manufacturing process, or possibly just a simple coating of some kind.
toysdream

It seems like unusual materials (metal, cotton wool, slippery grease, even the glue that Sei put all over the Build Strike's arm at one point) do have effects in the game. That doesn't necessarily mean they interact directly with the particles, though.

As I understand it, the main function of the particles is to manipulate the Gunpla and generate special effects, and both of those things are handled via the overall game system. If the game system analyzes the materials, workmanship, etc when it initially scans each Gunpla, then these things will be factored into the Gunpla's performance during the battle. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense that Gunpla would maneuver better just because they're nicely painted. :-)

-- Mark
balofo

It seems the runners for the HGBF Lightning hint at no upgrade using the same mold. Custom Airmaster incoming?
YokozunaBulldozer

balofo wrote:It seems the runners for the HGBF Lightning hint at no upgrade using the same mold. Custom Airmaster incoming?
Possible Shizuoka Hobby Show limited edition maybe?
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
BrentD15

Did anybody else notice the red Kyrios from the first series makes a cameo in this episode? ;)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Calubin_175

The R Gya Gya's shields now take the functions of both the A-Toll and Ashura Temple from FSS. The MS must have been inspired by the fanart of the Gyan A-Toll.
Akashi Takumi

Hmm, so according to episode 6 a gunpla that splits into multiple parts (i.e winning gundam) must have all its parts controlled by the same person.....how are you supposed to simultaneously control 30 parts at the same time without being a newtype or something?
RyuseiDateSRX

I imagine that Shimon will use the Palma Fiocinas on his Destiny Gundam to power up his punching attacks in BF Try. The opening seems to indicate that. I hope they follow through with this in the actual episodes. I thought that they would blow the Destiny's hands, but this is Build Fighters. They can make it work. They probably don't need to apply that kind of logic.

Also, I'm gonna call Shimon's Destiny, Destiny Gundam Boxer. Even if it's the normal Destiny. But it will be different enough if he does indeed use the Palma Fiocinas to punch with and other things that the actual Destiny might not be able to do.

So it looks the same on the outside, but can do different things from the actual Destiny.
Akashi Takumi

This week's episode throws a haymaker (all possible puns are not intended) toward the concept that build quality greatly affects performance. Because for reason that can only be explained by the almighty "because Plot says so" the straight build Destiny gundam was able to cause severe damage on the "perfect world class quality" build burning gundam.
BrentD15

RyuseiDateSRX wrote:I thought that they would blow the Destiny's hands, but this is Build Fighters. They can make it work. They probably don't need to apply that kind of logic.
SEED Destiny certainly didn't. :mrgreen:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Akashi Takumi

Chris
Administrator

The "brown thing" is the Xamel from 0083 and the "weird mantis" is the Dodgore from Victory.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Akashi Takumi

Chris wrote:The "brown thing" is the Xamel from 0083 and the "weird mantis" is the Dodgore from Victory.
Sweet, we will get to see a mobile armor vs mobile armor battle! That Dodgore looks sick though :shock: .
Chris
Administrator

The Xamel is actually a heavy mobile suit, not a mobile armor. The Dodgore was based on a pretty dumb gimmick, but maybe it'll be put to better use now.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his