The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
gunform1010

Re: The Official Gundam Reconguista Anime Thread Mk II

How the hell did Bellri just go "HOLY ZOINKS THAT WAS INSTRUCTOR DELLENSEN"
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
Destiny_Gundam

Xenosynth wrote:Bellri's small breakdown at the end of 6 also hit pretty hard, since I do like the kid.
I thought it was good to see he finally has some actual tumoil now. His life has been pretty problem free until this point so there wasn't much for him to do in regards to character development.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
tritoch

gunform1010 wrote:How the hell did Bellri just go "HOLY ZOINKS THAT WAS INSTRUCTOR DELLENSEN"
Since Minovsky particles have spread out, comms cannot be used normally but in that moment, G-self shield and Elf Bull was in 'contact' thus Bellri could hear Dellensen through contact comms.
Amion

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Xenosynth wrote:Bellri's small breakdown at the end of 6 also hit pretty hard, since I do like the kid.
I thought it was good to see he finally has some actual tumoil now. His life has been pretty problem free until this point so there wasn't much for him to do in regards to character development.
Agreed. Though so far my impressions from this episode is that Bellri is actually wanting stay with the Megafauna, and doesn't trust the Capital Army at all, possibly ever since episode one, if he noticed the crates. But Noredo wants to go home, so he's putting a farce. Still, he IS gathering intel.

What I would find absolutely awesome is if we had a Sherlock Holmes style sit-down where Bellri goes over his actions with his mom or some Watson stand-in. That would be nice to see. Because right now it takes too much thinking to make good sense of his motives.

Rayariaya...raiyraya...*Sighs* Fishbowl girl is getting better, yes. Sometimes I wonder if she's lucidly trying to communicate. My bet is that throughout this cour, she will be only mildly aware. The last episode will be the turning point where she fully recovers at the finale, and then is developed as a fully cognizant character second cour.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Destiny_Gundam

Amion wrote:Agreed. Though so far my impressions from this episode is that Bellri is actually wanting stay with the Megafauna, and doesn't trust the Capital Army at all, possibly ever since episode one, if he noticed the crates. But Noredo wants to go home, so he's putting a farce. Still, he IS gathering intel.
I think the fact that he is gathering intel means he does legitimately want to go home. Maybe he doesn't like the Captial Army, but as they keep mentioning, he's a cadet with the Capital Guard.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Amion

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Amion wrote:Agreed. Though so far my impressions from this episode is that Bellri is actually wanting stay with the Megafauna, and doesn't trust the Capital Army at all, possibly ever since episode one, if he noticed the crates. But Noredo wants to go home, so he's putting a farce. Still, he IS gathering intel.
I think the fact that he is gathering intel means he does legitimately want to go home. Maybe he doesn't like the Captial Army, but as they keep mentioning, he's a cadet with the Capital Guard.
Oh I know he wants to go back home. But he probably doesn't want to go back home if he knows it means being drafted into a military that basically violates his religion by its very existence.

He seems to get very aggressive when the Elf Bullock appears. If I had to guess, Bellri sees it as the manifestation of the Taboos, and feels so convicted about fighting it that its instinctive. At any rate he gave up escaping so he could battle that thing.

Anyone here wondering if by some hilarious chance, Tomino decides to show that the man behind Mask is actually not the guy we think it is? That would be a twist. At this rate though, I'm hoping its a case of brain washing. Nothing beats some cyber newtype angst.
latenlazy

Amion wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Oh I know he wants to go back home. But he probably doesn't want to go back home if he knows it means being drafted into a military that basically violates his religion by its very existence.

He seems to get very aggressive when the Elf Bullock appears. If I had to guess, Bellri sees it as the manifestation of the Taboos, and feels so convicted about fighting it that its instinctive. At any rate he gave up escaping so he could battle that thing.

Anyone here wondering if by some hilarious chance, Tomino decides to show that the man behind Mask is actually not the guy we think it is? That would be a twist. At this rate though, I'm hoping its a case of brain washing. Nothing beats some cyber newtype angst.
I doubt it's brainwashing. I think it's just a part of his character that's being freed by the mask.
Calubin_175

Luin and Mask shares the same voice actor anyway, coincidentally along with Tatsuya Yuuki from Build Fighters who also wore a mask at one point.
darkhunger

tritoch wrote:
gunform1010 wrote:How the hell did Bellri just go "HOLY ZOINKS THAT WAS INSTRUCTOR DELLENSEN"
Since Minovsky particles have spread out, comms cannot be used normally but in that moment, G-self shield and Elf Bull was in 'contact' thus Bellri could hear Dellensen through contact comms.
Also because of this:
http://i.imgur.com/HV7js8p.jpg

The move the G-Self pulled was the same move Bellri pulled in Ep 1... That's how Dellensen was able to recognize that Bellri was in the G-Self, and Bellri heard his last words.
gunform1010

darkhunger wrote: http://i.imgur.com/HV7js8p.jpg

The move the G-Self pulled was the same move Bellri pulled in Ep 1... That's how Dellensen was able to recognize that Bellri was in the G-Self, and Bellri heard his last words.
Nice catch, never noticed. 8)

Wellman

Amion wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:

Actually, I'd prefer that to be the case, especially if it was irreversible and what drives Bellri away from the Capital forces for good.
kayone73

Im caught up on the first 4 eps so far and its a very interesting show, not 'ZOMG AWESOME!!1one' but engaging so far. And the characters are actually interesting like real people and not stereotypes as well.

I don't know if this has been already discussed in the thread and Im not scrolling back several hundred posts to find out this out, but...

Is this animation hand drawn? I assume that due to modern Sunrise production methods that hand drawn cels are a thing of the past and everything is 100% digital but this show has such a refreshingly hand drawn look of old where character and mecha modeling can at times be a little distorted and off. Does anyone know?
gunform1010

kayone73 wrote:Im caught up on the first 4 eps so far and its a very interesting show, not 'ZOMG AWESOME!!1one' but engaging so far. And the characters are actually interesting like real people and not stereotypes as well.

I don't know if this has been already discussed in the thread and Im not scrolling back several hundred posts to find out this out, but...

Is this animation hand drawn? I assume that due to modern Sunrise production methods that hand drawn cels are a thing of the past and everything is 100% digital but this show has such a refreshingly hand drawn look of old where character and mecha modeling can at times be a little distorted and off. Does anyone know?
It's been established that everything's hand drawn save for a few things like the space elevator and that rail in Episode 6.

darkhunger

kayone73 wrote: Is this animation hand drawn? I assume that due to modern Sunrise production methods that hand drawn cels are a thing of the past and everything is 100% digital but this show has such a refreshingly hand drawn look of old where character and mecha modeling can at times be a little distorted and off. Does anyone know?
Just want to clear up the confusion in your post. All 2d anime these days are still hand drawn, then scanned into a computer and retraced. They just took cels out of the equation, but people still have to draw the art.

For this show, it's a known fact that Tomino dislike modern animation, so he seems to be intentionally reproducing the look of cel animation here. But this show is still clearly digital animation.
Deathzealot

Also I do have a quick question about Luin/Mask since we are talking about him earlier. It is mentioned a few episodes ago he is a Kuntala. What the heck is a Kuntala?? I can not find anything mentioning that beside one quick comment in one episode.
darkhunger

Deathzealot wrote:Also I do have a quick question about Luin/Mask since we are talking about him earlier. It is mentioned a few episodes ago he is a Kuntala. What the heck is a Kuntala?? I can not find anything mentioning that beside one quick comment in one episode.
It's an allegory for people who are discrimated upon.
Spoiler
more specifically, according to interviews, they are descendents of people who were cannibalized during the energy crisis in UC
Deathzealot

The heck?? I thought it would something related to genetic tampering of some sort. /shakes head/
kayone73

Deathzealot wrote:Also I do have a quick question about Luin/Mask since we are talking about him earlier. It is mentioned a few episodes ago he is a Kuntala. What the heck is a Kuntala?? I can not find anything mentioning that beside one quick comment in one episode.
Chris explains the meaning of ghe Kuntala in the latest podcast ep. Pretty effed up.
Amion

gunform1010 wrote:
darkhunger wrote: http://i.imgur.com/HV7js8p.jpg

Nice catch, never noticed. 8)
That is awesome.
Evex

Whelp with the death of Dellesan, Bellri and company have lost there last chance to return to the capitol tower. At this point he and the others will be most likely labeled traitors, from the preview of the next episode, this seems to send Bellri's mom into a sort of mental shock. Her position was all ready growing less prominent with the appearance of the capitol army, as we saw in this episode it seems her position hardly holds as much power as it did from episode 1.

There was also talk between the head of the capitol army, and I believe the minister guy about the database that I can't remember the name of. Considering its the same database the G-arcane came from. It most likely won't be long before the capitol army has there own G-[insert name here] most likely piloted by Mask.