The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk II

New thread! Things! Excitement!
Wingnut wrote:Mirai's Model Moment also showed that China's Beargguy III got real popular at some point in the past given the number and different colors that were in the photoshoot. (Lucky green guy getting to share a drink with her. :x )

Also Sekai can't hit the broad side of a barn to save his life it seems. I know the GM's beam spray gun isn't the most accurate or powerful weapon at range, but come on man. Even Sei was a better shot at the start of his series.
He's a hand-to-hand fighter. He has no use for such weapons.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
gunform1010

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk I

We've got a little more info on the Build Burning!
Spoiler
At the 11th Championship, it seems that Sei switched from the Build Strike Cosmos to the Build Burning Gundam.
Looking forward to more infodumps about the BB.

And hmm,
Spoiler
On a rewatch, Sekai kinda opened his mouth when he saw Gyanko before she fell for him. Possible that the new ship is mutual?
Destiny_Gundam wrote:New thread! Things! Excitement!
Wingnut wrote:Mirai's Model Moment also showed that China's Beargguy III got real popular at some point in the past given the number and different colors that were in the photoshoot. (Lucky green guy getting to share a drink with her. :x )

Also Sekai can't hit the broad side of a barn to save his life it seems. I know the GM's beam spray gun isn't the most accurate or powerful weapon at range, but come on man. Even Sei was a better shot at the start of his series.
He's a hand-to-hand fighter. He has no use for such weapons.
Probably just a moment to make us laugh. At least he's got his fists.
"Gunpla is freedom!" -Meijin Kawaguchi III

Love Live/Gundam Build Fighters semi-crossover/spin-off in works
AmuroNT1

Regarding the shocked reaction to Glasses Girl, I don't think it was to her new appearance so much as the total personality shift from shrinking violet to flirty and cutesy...especially since it was directed at Mantis-Boy, who's mellowed considerably.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
MarshalBraginsky

Sekai is the best guy in almost everything, except for romance. At least I liked the R-Gyagya, and if we're seeing the tease shipping of Gyanko and Sekai, does this mean that Bento Shipping is the new Meat Bun Shipping?
Wingnut

I was wrong. It was the blue guy that shared the drink.
/m/ says that this pose is the same firing stance as a character in Patlabor. Confirm/Deny?
Gonna let the filename say it all here, because it's true.

Fanart corner:
One sure way to get Yuuma to have a heart attack.
Fumina with the Powered GM Cardigan depicted as a full size 1:1 mobile weapon behind her.
Mirai also raided Aida's closet it seems.
MarshalBraginsky wrote:if we're seeing the tease shipping of Gyanko and Sekai, does this mean that Bento Shipping is the new Meat Bun Shipping?
I really hope not.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Destiny_Gundam

MarshalBraginsky wrote:Sekai is the best guy in almost everything, except for romance. At least I liked the R-Gyagya, and if we're seeing the tease shipping of Gyanko and Sekai, does this mean that Bento Shipping is the new Meat Bun Shipping?
It will be if she's constantly bringing him bentos.

Also Sekai's isn't that bad with romance, as he nails Yuuma's motivations. But when it's regarding himself he's not too bright.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
MarshalBraginsky

Wingnut wrote:I was wrong. It was the blue guy that shared the drink.
/m/ says that this pose is the same firing stance as a character in Patlabor. Confirm/Deny?
Gonna let the filename say it all here, because it's true.

Fanart corner:
One sure way to get Yuuma to have a heart attack.
Fumina with the Powered GM Cardigan depicted as a full size 1:1 mobile weapon behind her.
Mirai also raided Aida's closet it seems.
MarshalBraginsky wrote:if we're seeing the tease shipping of Gyanko and Sekai, does this mean that Bento Shipping is the new Meat Bun Shipping?
I really hope not.
Patlabor, I'm guessing it's that Ohta guy.
Strike105

I'm a little late to this. In reference to whether Sei won any tournaments after the first series. Didn't the "Hell Hydra's" fighter at the beginning of the last episode refer to Sei as the former champion? I wouldn't dismiss the idea that he was just an overconfident and pretentious dick, but despite Sei's skills, or at least what we've seen of them, I would find it hard to believe that the same person would win every annual tournament in that time frame, especially considering the capabilities and creativity of many of the other fighters in the first series. Even without the outside meddling, Sei and Reiji had plenty of difficulty when battling fighters like Dallara and Fellini. I'm sure that at some point, he would have met his match.
Last edited by Strike105 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mythgarr

MarshalBraginsky wrote:
Patlabor, I'm guessing it's that Ohta guy.
The first edition of the tankoubon has Ohta operates AV-98 Ingram Unit 2 with this stance while gunning down a Labor operated by terrorists.
Visit The Dreams
gunform1010

MarshalBraginsky wrote:Sekai is the best guy in almost everything, except for romance. At least I liked the R-Gyagya, and if we're seeing the tease shipping of Gyanko and Sekai, does this mean that Bento Shipping is the new Meat Bun Shipping?
Bento Chronicles<Meatbun Chronicles.

latenlazy

gunform1010 wrote:
Nothing will ever beat Meatbun shipping. Nothing.
Amion

latenlazy wrote:
gunform1010 wrote:
Nothing will ever beat Meatbun shipping. Nothing.
*Jumps on the bandwagon* Lazy, you're not being final enough. Here, let me add my assertive opinion: NOTHING. :twisted:
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
GX9900-Gundam-X

So i enjoyed Kaoruko's character alo more than i thought I would she is cool I love how her comrades used Nobel and Rising Gundam as a G Gundam Fanatic this pleases me greatly also did anyone notice in this episode hat Eri looked just like Sayaka from Mazinger Z?
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
pk-man
Location: receiving faxes in the washroom, on Deck 9 aboard White Base

I wouldn't mind eating Gyanko's meatbuns.
Laevatein

Destiny_Gundam wrote: He's a hand-to-hand fighter. He has no use for such weapons.
"Hand to hand, the basis of all combat. Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon."
gunform1010

Laevatein wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote: He's a hand-to-hand fighter. He has no use for such weapons.
"Hand to hand, the basis of all combat. Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon."
Perfect reference.

One of these days we need a crossover with a Metal Gear.

Akashi Takumi

Strike105 wrote:I'm a little late to this. In reference to whether Sei won any tournaments after the first series. Didn't the "Hell Hydra's" fighter at the beginning of the last episode refer to Sei as the former champion? I wouldn't dismiss the idea that he was just an overconfident and pretentious dick, but despite Sei's skills, or at least what we've seen of them, I would find it hard to believe that the same person would win every annual tournament in that time frame, especially considering the capabilities and creativity of many of the other fighters in the first series. Even without the outside meddling, Sei and Reiji had plenty of difficulty when battling fighters like Dallara and Fellini. I'm sure that at some point, he would have met his match.
Yeah one of the best things about season 1 was that they made everyone capable gunpla builders and fighters. To the point that not even the main characters and his rival were not too far ahead from the rest. I just hope Sei won at least one more championship.

I wish they would release some materials on what happened between the 8th world championship and this year's championship.

Tatsuya surely could have won one championship by now right? right? :shock:
gunform1010

Akashi Takumi wrote:
Strike105 wrote:I'm a little late to this. In reference to whether Sei won any tournaments after the first series. Didn't the "Hell Hydra's" fighter at the beginning of the last episode refer to Sei as the former champion? I wouldn't dismiss the idea that he was just an overconfident and pretentious dick, but despite Sei's skills, or at least what we've seen of them, I would find it hard to believe that the same person would win every annual tournament in that time frame, especially considering the capabilities and creativity of many of the other fighters in the first series. Even without the outside meddling, Sei and Reiji had plenty of difficulty when battling fighters like Dallara and Fellini. I'm sure that at some point, he would have met his match.
Yeah one of the best things about season 1 was that they made everyone capable gunpla builders and fighters. To the point that not even the main characters and his rival were not too far ahead from the rest. I just hope Sei won at least one more championship.

I wish they would release some materials on what happened between the 8th world championship and this year's championship.

Build Strike Cosmos hasn't gotten enough attention.

Akashi Takumi

gunform1010 wrote:
Akashi Takumi wrote:

Build Strike Cosmos hasn't gotten enough attention.
Yep, not even enough to justify making a real gunpla of it :lol:

Time to watch episode 3...
gunform1010

Akashi Takumi wrote:
gunform1010 wrote: Build Strike Cosmos hasn't gotten enough attention.
Yep, not even enough to justify making a real gunpla of it :lol:
GET OUTTA HERE