Advance of Zeta - Reboot

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ShadowCell

Re: Advance of Zeta - Reboot

i dunno, i kinda have to think "there's another Zabi running around? wtf mate" would be the in-world reaction too
Mythgarr

Well, Zabi family is a recognizably a big famous family, a little tryst here or there to produce a bastard could happen.
Visit The Dreams
AmuroNT1

Out of curiousity, does that mean "Alice Zabi" is that Ple-looking girl we saw in the initial pictures?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Deacon Blues

No... Cynthia and Diana are the twins.
domtropen

Won't this become conflicted with F90? IIRC the battle at Mars in F90 was considered the 1st battle ever on Martian area and Martian soil?
AmuroNT1

F90 doesn't take place until three decades later in the timeline. The closest conflict I can see is that in F90, the Mars Zeons were said to have received support from remnants of Char's Neo Zeon, whose Geara Dogas were used to create the RF Series mobile suits.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
domtropen

i mean in the manga it is said that mankind wages first war on Martian soil in F90.
Cmdr Harabec

Deacon Blues wrote:Allow me to chime in with some what the bloody frak-ery for the Reboot:
- Although aware of Char's assembling of an army, the Inre opposes participating in the war and mainly protects Mars.

However, this riot was merely the beginning of a much bigger case involving the Inre that shook the Earth Sphere.[/i]
Your wording is kind of strange here. Is this referring to the Inle MA we know? If so, could you elaborate a little more on that first bit of information regarding "Inre opposing participation?"
Deacon Blues

That's coming directly from the summary blurb. Near as I can tell, the pilot of the Inle/Inre/whatever is one of those loli clones who hates men... basically. The Inle is sort of a connection to her and/or she is inseparable from it.

I don't get what you don't understand about the sentence. Char is looking for support... the group at Mars with the Inle don't agree with it and stays to protect Mars.
Cmdr Harabec

The part I didn't get was speaking of Inle as a human who opposed participation, and make me think they were using the term Inle for something other than the MA, like a position for some kind of military leader or something. Weirder stuff has been pulled. It being a catchall to refer to the group/pilot within the Inle itself was what I was uncertain.

Thanks for the clarification. It was just that specific bit that was confusing me.
toysdream

Could be a translation miss. Original blurb might say "the Inle group" or somesuch...
-- Mark
Deacon Blues

2chan truncates a majority of info from the scans. That's how they phrased it.
toysdream

So this is a 2chan summary? Was the summary in Japanese or English?

The official background info that's been posted on Gundam.info and Dengeki.com is pretty clear that the organization name is "Re-Zeon" (same kana as the French pronunciation of "Legion," incidentally). The story itself is titled "Gundam Inle," and the first chapter of the comic - just posted on Dengeki.com - indicates that the Re-Zeon are still working on completing the Inle itself.

Dengeki.com intro page: http://hobby.dengeki.com/ebooks/19559/
First comic chapter: http://dc-trial.dengeki.com/hobby/aoz/g ... e01dXH6Xe/

-- Mark
Deacon Blues

The italicized paragraph is from a magazine scan. The other is all from 2chan and what not. Can't find it as I'm on my phone. I'm well aware that it is Re-Zeon as that's how I've mentioned it earlier. The information is in Japanese. Since when does 2chan use English? Lol

I'll look up the line in question later, not that it's of terrible importance.

Incidentally japan apparently says the story makes no sense whatsoever anyways :-P
toysdream

Found the original 2chan summary that Deacon was referring to. (Thanks, Google!) Here's the Japanese text...
・アリシア・ザビ。レジオン総帥で女性至上主義者
 シャアの挙兵を知っているがインレは火星防衛の要と参戦に反対
It's a little terse and vague, and a lot hinges on the interpretation of the と particle, but I think the actual meaning is roughly thus:

"Alicia Zabi. Re-Zeon supreme commander and advocate of female supremacy. She knows Char is raising an army but, saying the Inle is mainly for protecting Mars, she opposes participating in the war."

This is shown in page 42 of the comic's first chapter, where Alicia says exactly that. Of course, since you can never tell who's speaking and all the characters look the same anyway, it's not super-easy to read; reminds me of Double Fake and all that other Cyber-Comix filler.

-- Mark
Gelgoog Jager

Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead, but I wanted to learn more about this manga and it seemed right to use the existing thread already bearing its name rather than making a new thread with the same name.

With the recent posting of info on Gundam.info on new AOZ Reboot units, such as the AMX-009G, AMX-011G, AMX-101S and the Sand Angler (with some bonus modern lineart for the Mad Angler and Gallop), I've become quite interested in the series and was hoping to learn more about its characters and the events that take place.

Links to the aforementioned info, recently posted at Gundam.info:

http://hobby.dengeki.com/aoz/illust/reboot02-a/
http://hobby.dengeki.com/aoz/illust/reboot02-b/
http://hobby.dengeki.com/aoz/illust/reboot03/
ChaoticSheep1

I'd also be very interested to learn more about this series as well. I can't find much information on it.

I was also thinking of buying the original manga as well as this one. Can I still buy them from the Dengki Hobby site?