The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amion

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk IV

Compass wrote:We're gonna need a new thread and sticky at this rate!
I wonder how the second season will handle Season 1's custom suits?

Like, for example, would it be plausible for Star Build Strike to become a mass-production model? :lol:

I think Sei would get sidelined in the second season, though. Really hard to make a reasonable follow-up for a person who's already world-champion, and actually good at gunpla battle, akin to like maybe Yugi after the end of Yugi-oh? New cast, maybe with the original cast as a supporting role, is probably going to be how this will work ._.

Or maybe a series set in Reiji's World with Mocks :lol:
I wouldn't think Sei's designs could be mass produced simply because of the expense involved. Remember the difference between the store bought grades and the custom stuff. Dijeh slicing the Freedom in half syndrome, for instance.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
HellCat

It wouldn't be too difficult in a show like this to have a new rival appear. You have Sei willing to battle people who enter contests/visit the hobby shop, then one day he encounters a new fighter who hands him his ass. Say it was some guy who fought in the Gunpla Mafia circles and considers the tournament players to be soft, yet wants to beat Sei to prove his way of battle is correct.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Compass

Alternatively, they could always use my highly delusional "What if they made a 1:1 scale gunpla out of plastic and powered it with Arista and used it for war?"

That would be a mind trip!
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
AmuroNT1

Why do people want to turn the cute, joyful cartoon about model kits into a horrible, tragic war story?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
HellCat

AmuroNT1 wrote:Why do people want to turn the cute, joyful cartoon about model kits into a horrible, tragic war story?
Because they have died inside.

*resumes swishing SD Build Strike around, making super sweet laser sounds*
Compass

AmuroNT1 wrote:Why do people want to turn the cute, joyful cartoon about model kits into a horrible, tragic war story?
Hey, maybe it's a plastic war :lol:

The biggest issue is "What is there left?"

For example, Pokemon. Let's get 8 badges, fight the Elite 4, beat Blue, hooray!

Sei's become world champion already in building, and arguably in piloting. Will we happily watch another person become world champion? It's not like there's "more" worlds to compete against at the moment.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
HellCat

I have to wonder if they barely showed Arian because they knew they'd be getting a sequel. It was said when Trailblazer was greenlighted, the 00 staff changed the season 2 finale so things intended for that could appear in the movie. Could be the same here.
Brave Fencer Kirby

Yeah, I always thought the natural thing for a second season of GBF to do would be deal more with Reiji. We've seen Sei do his thing, but Rei got pretty much nothing in the way of backstory or character development, and there's certainly plenty of story to be told about him. It wouldn't surprise me if Nils developed a way to travel between worlds like Reiji did, and the second season proceeded from there.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
YokozunaBulldozer

Thoughts I had of how season 2 could start:

1. Reiji and Aila's kid from the future Kyle Reeses his/her way to Sei
2. Sei transports to Reiji's world
3. Reiji and Aila come back and more of the typical meatbun chronicles enfolds
4. Gundam Build Fighters Fumoffu
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
HellCat

I'm keen to know if anyone's tried any further custom projects but on a slightly more lazy note- anyone been tempted to do any of the straight recolours from the show?

I'm looking at doing a few, mainly Kirara's Tetra and Mao's Master's Gundam (Master for him and give Foonie to Astray). I'd like to have a little display of all the final battle participants, yet we're lacking an official Perfect Gundam sadly.
mobiusdiablo

HellCat wrote:I'm keen to know if anyone's tried any further custom projects but on a slightly more lazy note- anyone been tempted to do any of the straight recolours from the show?
Finally got to do these uploads, but sadly my pet Arcana project got screwed over by having a good deal of the parts I was using being swept up as trash while I was at work (I didn't have a large enough desk for a work space in my room so I had to use the floor.)

As such, the only pictures I have of the Exia Arcana project right now are these WIP ones taken a couple weeks ago.

Gundam Exia Arcana WIP 1 (Side View)

Gundam Exia Arcana WIP 2 (Rear Shoulder view)

I managed to salvage most of the chest, the pelvis save for the right GN Drive, the left leg save for the foot, a little bit of the right leg, the biceps, one complete modified shoulder, and the base 0 Raiser unit. Sadly... that's it. I'll probably have to buy some kits to replace parts en-masse and order others separately (I'm NOT buying a second MG Blue Frame 2nd Revise for one Tactical Arms engine or a MG 00 QAN[T] for one sword bit blade).

At least I'm getting decent hours now, so I can still fuel my hobby - but I'm probably going to be taking a break from the Arcana until I have enough funds to buy everything I need to complete it in one fell swoop.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!