Innovators question

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Cybaster

Innovators question

Where does it say that Innovators actually have twice the normal lifespan of Humans (Gundam Wiki says they do, but...), or has that simply been a side effect of ELS fusion? If it's the former, is there any particular place where it has actually been stated?
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Strike Zero

Re: Innovators question

I dunno about "twice the normal lifespan," but Regene does mention during his confrontation with Tieria that Innovades suppress their aging through genetic modification and nanomachines.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Cybaster

Well, Innovades, yes. But what about genuine Innovators, i.e. Setsuna and Descartes?
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Deathzealot

Well if I remember right during the Epilogue of the Movie we see the crew of the Sumeragi are all Innovators thanks in part to their extended lifespans. I don't remember if this is mentioned by Ikeda (or the reporter that looks like him) during his report on the Sumeragi or not.
HellCat

I'd have to check too but I'm near certain that's the scene, highlighted that Innovators are ideal for a deep space exploration because they live twice as long as traditional humans.

There's also odd tidbits in season 2 and books. A weirder one- apparently Setsuna survives his brain damage because he now has a secondary GN brain.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Sinquser

Try that scene in Celestial Being with Descartes and Kati.
SonicSP

Sinquser wrote:Try that scene in Celestial Being with Descartes and Kati.
I'm pretty certain this is the scene. Specifically it's relatively early movie and I think just stated matter of factly. I'll edit this post later to confirm it once I recheck the scene but I'm fairly confident. Also this statement was made for Innovators before taking into account the ELS ones (they got it by analysing Descartes I believe ) since the ELS incident was just ongoing as this was happening and the Innovators made by ELS fusion has not appeared yet.

I always get the impression that Innovades have an eternal life with the suppress aging thing, which is mentioned in one scene by the previous post and a few places in the sidematerials.
teslashark

HellCat wrote: There's also odd tidbits in season 2 and books. A weirder one- apparently Setsuna survives his brain damage because he now has a secondary GN brain.
So this can maybe explain something: when people die in high GN saturation, they get uploaded into a place between heaven and hell made by GN Metaphysics.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
SonicSP

I'm under the impression it was just a backup quantum brain that kept Setsuna's data while his normal brain recovers. I can't remember whether the interview where this info was disseminated mentioned he developed it right then and there or it was something he slowly got.

I reckon Trans Am Burst may have helped given that's a pretty powerful Innovator-maker. I mean the other Innovators or Innovators-in-making all came as a result of Trans Am Burst in Season 2.