The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Outlaw

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk IV

SpideyWing wrote:So, this is something I debated starting an entire thread on, but since it's closely related to Build Fighters, I'm going to ask this here: Has anyone designed and/or made a custom Gunpla with the idea of it being useful in Gunpla Battle? ...Because I did. >_>
Build Fighters definitely got my creative juices flowing, so you're not alone on that account. The idea I'm tempted to make is a GN Drive enhanced version of the Mercurius. However, typical of me I'm pretty sure it overreaches my skill level.

I'd shorten the "main mast" of the head crest and rotate it down so it more closely resembles a typical gundam V-Fin. Next I'd widen the opening on the camera guard and use a semi-translucent piece of plastic to convert it into a goggle type face. The vents on the chest would be replaced with GN condensers (semi transparent green plastic). All the thrusters would have to be removed/replaced with GN friendly equivalents, of course I'd have to cut a hole in the back to mount a cone type GN Drive.

The boxy shoulder covers would be removed and replaced with Garazzo shoulder shields, that would mean having to buy 2 Garazzos since it only has 1 shoulder shield. A modified GN Lance and Crash Shield (each with a secret "gimmick") as well as spruced up "GN Defensors" would round out the arsenal. Speaking of which I still haven't figured out how I'd stow the GN Defensors, right now I'm leaning towards Sazabi style box containers on the back.

Probably the most daunting task would be overhauling the limited and floppy joints on the old no grade 1/144 Mercurius, a kit I'm not even sure I could still get a hold of after so long.
*A quick search on amazon shows plenty available and at a cheap price, so thats one plus.*
All this on top of the standard trimming, sanding, assembling, priming, painting, detailing, etc. So, yeah it's a nice fever dream I guess.

You know, one of these days somebody (not me, I'm too lazy :P ) should start a scratch build thread in the modeling section.

Wingnut wrote:https://twitter.com/buildfighters/statu ... 85/photo/1
Looks like BD info and a pic of an older China.
Looking good China, looking good. *insert picture of random character giving a thumbs up*
So is that for a special bonus episode on the Blu-Ray or something?
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
BrentD15

Outlaw wrote:
Wingnut wrote:https://twitter.com/buildfighters/statu ... 85/photo/1
Looks like BD info and a pic of an older China.
Looking good China, looking good. *insert picture of random character giving a thumbs up*
So is that for a special bonus episode on the Blu-Ray or something?
Either those, or a possible S2 preview? :wink:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
AmuroNT1

I believe the producer said that he'd love to do a second season, and he knows the fans want it too, but between G-Reko and Origin they're a bit too busy to do another full TV series.

As to BF making me want to do custom Gunpla, it did make me consider reviving some of the MS I've designed for various fanfics and RPs over the years, like Sandrock Sheik (Quatre's upgrade from my GW sequel Codename Lightning) or Assassin Gundam (the 4th-gen Blitz descendant from my Seed Eternity RP). But I did have an idea for an original design, basically Exia run through a Perfect Gundam kind of filter:

-Base figure would be Exia R2, with bits from the Avalanche and Qan[T] added on.
-The Avalanche armor would be rounded off to give it a smoother appearance, like it was actually integrated with Exia's body as opposed to just being optional gear.
-Primary weapon would be a modified version of Kotobukiya's Mega Slash Edge.
=The core sword would be called a GN Sword V Kai, mounting two Beam Rifle barrels and able to emit a beam sword like the GN Sword III.
=The other blades would be GN Sword Bits, normally stored on the Qan[T] shield (which is by default pointing backwards). Each Bit would have its own separate function: the A-Swords (the front half of the curved blades) can mount on the forearms as cutters, the B-Swords (the back half of the curved blades) mount Beam Rifles, and the C-Swords (which would be changed from the hand axes seen in the original kit) could mount on the shins for kicking attacks.
=Additionally, the A- and B-Swords could combine into a form similar to Kamen Rider Wizard's WizarSwordGun, both in its folded Gun Mode and its extended Sword Mode.
=Of course, the six Sword Bits can generate a GN Field and combine with the main Sword V Kai to form a GN Colossal Blade, which would be capable of using the Raiser Sword.
=Currently on the fence about whether or not to give it the 1.5 Gundam's Binder Beam Rifles and Alvaaron Cannon, which might be overkill at this point.

And as I mentioned in yesterday's JoJo stream, I've kicked around the idea of an Impulse Gundam based off of Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form, primarily as a voice actor joke since Shinn and Ryutaros are both played by Kenichi Suzumura.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
HellCat

Aila needs to be in the special video, so she can steal those glasses

http://i.imgur.com/rJSO3NW.jpg
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
BrentD15

HellCat wrote:Aila needs to be in the special video, so she can steal those glasses

AD-san delivers yet again. :)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Gundam420

BrentD15 wrote:
HellCat wrote:Aila needs to be in the special video, so she can steal those glasses

Where can you find the rest of this guy's stuff?
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
Wingnut

Gundam420 wrote:
BrentD15 wrote:

Where can you find the rest of this guy's stuff?
https://twitter.com/akasabi55/
This be his twitter account.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
HellCat

Regarding customs, I'm really wondering if I should just repaint HG Gerbera into Kirara colours. It's got a nice 0083 accurate glossy red finish currently but I enjoyed how good Kirara was as an actual pilot.
AmuroNT1

It seems the production Twitter posted pictures of what Sei and Mao would look like as adults:

http://i.imgur.com/lodLzn0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/a0AHkxi.jpg
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
toysdream

You know, if it's going to be a while before there's any prospect of a new anime, this might be a good time for us to create a bunch of fan-made Gunpla Battle customs. :-)

-- Mark
Xenosynth

I was actually planning on starting a thread to that degree, but I was also worried it might end up devolving somewhat. But yeah, I've already got like 6+ things I've been thinking about @_@
Wingnut

toysdream wrote:You know, if it's going to be a while before there's any prospect of a new anime, this might be a good time for us to create a bunch of fan-made Gunpla Battle customs. :-)

-- Mark
I've done this before in my head, but one major problem to it actually coming to any sort of fruition is the fact that the parts I like to mix are of notably different scales. Like parts from the Freedom and smaller Wing and X mobile suits.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

Wingnut wrote: I've done this before in my head, but one major problem to it actually coming to any sort of fruition is the fact that the parts I like to mix are of notably different scales. Like parts from the Freedom and smaller Wing and X mobile suits.
Not to mention that there'd be too much temptation to mix a whole bunch of stuff from other franchises as well, especially SRW, and watch the entire thing cascade down upon us as more and more franchises are stacked into the mix. I'm still reminded of this custom Gunpla someone made before that highly resembles the Alt Eisen.

A bulkier Union Flag with a Mobile Trace System that resembles and behaves like the Gipsy Danger from Pacific Rim, anyone? :P
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Outlaw

I really don't view either of those situations as problems as they could actually encourage discussion. The biggest issue I had posting in the art thread is that it really just boils down to a bunch of "hey look at this cool thing I made" posts. There's no critique, no feedback or exchange of ideas, no dialog whatsoever.

I love creating as much as... scratch that, more than the next guy. Above all my passions creating is my heart and soul, my nirvana! Watching view counts climb is nice and all but silent adulation pales in comparison to actually interfacing with people and engaging them. To see that joy spread and reflected in others, and to grow and benefit from their observations and perspective warms the heart.

ahem... :oops:
Well, sorry for going off on a tangent there. As you were folks.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Dark Duel

AmuroNT1 wrote:It seems the production Twitter posted pictures of what Sei and Mao would look like as adults:
http://i.imgur.com/lodLzn0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/a0AHkxi.jpg
Mao looks all right. Kinda cool.
On the other hand.
HOLY CRAP Sei-kun grows up to be a total BAMF.
Also, adult Kousaka is really pretty.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
SpideyWing

toysdream wrote:You know, if it's going to be a while before there's any prospect of a new anime, this might be a good time for us to create a bunch of fan-made Gunpla Battle customs. :-)

-- Mark
I would, but the cost is rather prohibitive at present. As such, my Nu Wing Zero must remain on paper for now. I might try some old-fashioned Franken-Gundaming for an image, but I think I'm a bit too out of practice. And the person who did the best Gundam fanart for me has moved on to greener pastures. XP
Signature to be determined later...look! A Puppy!
toysdream

I think the fun part of doing Build Fighters-style customs would be the fighting. (Otherwise it's just Gundam Buid Builders.) There should be some kind of tournament mechanic, and then brackets. :-)

-- Mark
Mythgarr

I propose we adopt the existing table-top, hexa-tiled war games to apply to this proposed real life GBF :)
Visit The Dreams
HellCat

toysdream wrote:I think the fun part of doing Build Fighters-style customs would be the fighting. (Otherwise it's just Gundam Buid Builders.) There should be some kind of tournament mechanic, and then brackets. :-)

-- Mark
Using Skype, entrants follow Sei and Mao's lead to have exciting imagination stareout battles.
Outlaw

toysdream wrote:I think the fun part of doing Build Fighters-style customs would be the fighting. (Otherwise it's just Gundam Buid Builders.) There should be some kind of tournament mechanic, and then brackets. :-)

-- Mark
I still think that just building the darn things could be fun if we shared our experiences. I've looked around and there's not a whole lot of tutorials and such for learning how to modify kits, most of the time it seems to be people in the know discussing with other experienced builders. I also looked into the cost and I was actually surprised as the three kits I'd need (Mercurius, Garazzo, and GNX-III) would only run me $60-$70. Granted, I'm not including shipping or tools (which I already have) but that's not so prohibitively expensive as I thought it would be.

Mythgarr wrote:I propose we adopt the existing table-top, hexa-tiled war games to apply to this proposed real life GBF :)
Well Mekton Zeta is on Roll20 (a virtual tabletop app) so it could work.

I was also thinking about whether a video game with that much depth could work, and I don't think it's as out of the question as you would think. Games like Spore and Graffiti Kingdom prove that you can have rather robust creative systems in games, and Graffiti Kingdom was on PS2. I don't think it makes it any more likely to happen but it's not as impossible as I first thought.

I'm sorely tempted to try now. Either that or make a Grizzly Beargguy for my older brother, he finished watching Build Fighters with me today and he was disappointed that Beargguy bought it in the end.