The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk IV

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
ShadowCell

The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk IV

fourth verse, same as the first
MaC wrote:
halo1000 wrote:
MaC wrote:I think it'd be cool for it to have been built partially out of the remains of Alpha Azieru, which took a grenade to the cockpit, something the Neo-Zeong lacks.
If the series adheres to the timeline set out in the manga's set in late UC then it won't be the Alpha Azeiru wreckage. The remains are collected by the Buch Concern when they volunteer to clean up the debris in earth orbit in about UC105; the frame is then used to develop the Ebihru Doga mobile armor to be used by the Crossbone Vanguard.
I saw that in the Alpha's history but as far as I know animation trumps everything else, so it's still up in the air, no?
Heaven Piercing Man

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk IV

AFAIK the Ebirhu Doga only appears in a game, so I'd say it's pretty low in the semicanonicity.
BrentD15

Heaven Piercing Man wrote:AFAIK the Ebirhu Doga only appears in a game, so I'd say it's pretty low in the semicanonicity.
Spoiler
Or, perhaps, it's the....Beta Azieru? :mrgreen:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Calubin_175

The Neo Zeong looks like it has spare forearms on its back. Hopefully they're remote controlled.
Gelgoog Jager

Couldn't the Sleeves have updated the remaining Gelgoogs into Regelgus? As it stands, even the Regelgus are quite outdated by the standards of U.C. 0096, and even the previously oldest MS, the Dra-C, received a decent update with its improved gatling gun arm.

At the very least, the A-types Gelgoogs should have been equipped with the high mobility backpacks of B-types in order to keep up with newer models.
BrentD15

Gelgoog Jager wrote:Couldn't the Sleeves have updated the remaining Gelgoogs into Regelgus? As it stands, even the Regelgus are quite outdated by the standards of U.C. 0096, and even the previously oldest MS, the Dra-C, received a decent update with its improved gatling gun arm.

At the very least, the A-types Gelgoogs should have been equipped with the high mobility backpacks of B-types in order to keep up with newer models.
Apparently not.
However, we might still be able to see at least one with a B-type High-Mobility Backpack. :)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
balofo

Rebawoo data! It has even more armaments!

AMX-107R
頭頂高 19.6m
本体重量 40.4t
全備重量 71.2t[16]
出力 3,020kW[16]
推力 112,240kg[16]
センサー有効半径 20,300m

New armament:
-Chest intake mounted Beam Vulcans
-Leg Flexible Beam Gun
-Side Armor Machinecannons(I believe they are only usable in the Rebawoo Nutter)
Deacon Blues

Dunno what your [16] points mean but the specs from the latest issue of Gundam Ace say:

Beam Saber, beam ax, beam naginata, beam rifle, grenade launcher, leg grenade launcher, beam vulcan, machine cannon, flexible beam gun and a shield.
balofo

Deacon Blues wrote:Dunno what your [16] points mean but the specs from the latest issue of Gundam Ace say:

Beam Saber, beam ax, beam naginata, beam rifle, grenade launcher, leg grenade launcher, beam vulcan, machine cannon, flexible beam gun and a shield.
leg grenade launcher? jp wiki says wrist ones from the original Bawoo
Zeonista

Rebawoo is a badass high speed gunbus. 8) I hope it gets some screen time worthy of the name.

Gelgoog Jager: It might be easier for Full Frontal to give his pilots new Geara Zulu MS than to upgrade any pre-existing MS with parts that may or may not be available. (The non-Geara series MS for the Sleeves are a decidedly mixed bag of upgrades and stock builds.) The Gelgoog pilot in question may be an older Remnants vet who has been given a Sleeves ID paint job so he can keep fighting his obsolete but by no means useless MP Gelgoog. Or it might be a salvaged MS that has been restored to original capability in time for the critical battle, and judged combat-worthy with its original armament. Full Frontal isn't a "World of MS" gamer deciding which of his modded toys to deploy, he's a warlord who needs everything available to take on powerful opponents, with final victory on the line. Even if all the Gelgoog A pilot does is become a distracting target, it might be enough! If he gets withing shooting distance of an enemy cruiser, or gets a back shot on a Jegan or ReZel, well that's bonus score for the Sleeves.
Last edited by Zeonista on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
JEFFPIATT

Having two museum grade ms does rell hit the point home how desperate neo zeon is at this point. compared to the EFF who's oldest units are from the zeta era while zeon is fielding oyo era units and the Diaz fleets MA MS kit bash from 0083. full frontal does not care if its old if it fly's and shoots he is deploying it. the EFF is more choosy but they have an actual government backing them. the lone oyo unit in use by the EFF during unicorn is owned by the fed Navy and it more then likely was re deployed when the Hi-Zack was removed from service.
Zeonista

In the haste to declare the Gelgoogs fodder it should be remembered that they do carry beam rifles, and cannot be shrugged aside just because they are nearly the same age as Hassoway Noah. :) I'm not expecting too much from a cameo, but unlike a Zaku II at this point in UC time, the Gelgoogs have enough of a baseline firepower & maneuverability level to make them dangerous, especially in a MS furball where an attacker can approach from any direction. They might also successfully menace ships, drawing off the "catcher" MS, or if those catchers are already engaged, use their beam rifles with as much chance of doing damage as a Geara Zulu.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Deacon Blues

Err... idk why I typed leg instead of arm. :/
nacho-wan

I find it funny that the Rewaboo employs the future rifle of Sinanju. So much for Sleeves developing a high accuracy rifle for a stolen unit; now does this rifle presents anu advantace to the bazooka-like rifle that the Stein had?
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
PowerdGNFlag

nacho-wan wrote:I find it funny that the Rewaboo employs the future rifle of Sinanju. So much for Sleeves developing a high accuracy rifle for a stolen unit; now does this rifle presents anu advantace to the bazooka-like rifle that the Stein had?
It's crazy-accurate from what we see in the series; FF used it more as a sniper rifle than anything, shooting at ships just outside their sensor ranges (or something).
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
balofo

Nice look at the Kshatriya Repaired new head design

http://imgur.com/2l3Ft8F
BrentD15

balofo wrote:Nice look at the Kshatriya Repaired new head design

http://imgur.com/2l3Ft8F
Nice.
Looks somewhat similar to what was done for the Byarlant Customs. :)
Gelgoog Jager

Back to the Gelgoog and ReGelg, I think it's safe to assume that at the very least the MS-14As are not standard models from the OYW, but rather units improved with current technologies, such as the panoramic monitor, just like many of the old OYW units seen during ZZ.

But unlike a Zaku II which would require extensive modifications to become a MS-06FZ or MS-06R-2, one such updated MS-14A would basically just need to have its shoulder armor and thrusters replaced and be equipped with the new backpack and arm mounted weapons. Even if for any reason it was just not possible to replace the shoulders, the rest of the attachments should be comaptible with a standard MS-14A.

This is why I feel it's a bit hard to believe that they would field ReGelgs, but not give any additional improvements to the older Gelgoog units, which effectively are the oldest units used by the Sleeves, and therefore the ones that would benefit the most from any firepower and/or mobility upgrade in order to reduce the gap in performance between them and both the EF's Zeta MS units and current MS units.

In comparison, the Dra-C got a major firepower improvement from its original design. Furthermore, given its specific focus on long range crusing and patrolling, not so much on engaging toher MS head on, it's understandable that the MS-21C didn't got any other upgrades. But unless they have been reassigned to non combat duties, the MS-14As do would be expected to engage other MS directly, which do would justify improvements that would allow it to better fulfill its role.
balofo

A miracle happened! Someone finally managed to damage a RX-0 unit! Banshee's lost its right leg(also lost the Armed Armor DE).

http://imgur.com/Hr0eBkK