The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

Website updated with:
-Gelgoog (Sleeves)
-Regelg (Sleeves), where are the Beam Sabers in the backpack though?
-EWAC Jegan, now with GM II Beam Rifle attached to the back
-Conroy's ECOAS Jegan, with a Dagger Knife attached to the shoulder and a Hand Gun to the leg. Also hip grenade rack from MSV Guntank and something attached to the arm. Further improved head sensor
Calubin_175

GELGOOG GELGOOG! Regelg is still a training machine but its color scheme makes me think it may have belonged to a random Chimera corp pilot.
BrentD15

Balofo wrote:Website updated with:
-Gelgoog (Sleeves)
-Conroy's ECOAS Jegan, with a Dagger Knife attached to the shoulder and a Hand Gun to the leg. Also hip grenade rack from MSV Guntank and something attached to the arm. Further improved head sensor
:shock:
Wait...which website? :?
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
PowerdGNFlag

Calubin_175 wrote:GELGOOG GELGOOG! Regelg is still a training machine but its color scheme makes me think it may have belonged to a random Chimera corp pilot.
The Regelgu shares its color scheme with the Sleeves Ga-Zomn (no brainer; that's its original colors), Zee Zulu (loosely), Dreissen and the Doven Wolf from Bande Desinee/UC-MSV, so you can say that it's just an alternative Sleeves color scheme (aside from Zeon Green, Char Red and Angelo Purple/Pink).
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Zeonista

BrentD15 wrote:
Balofo wrote:Website updated with:
-Gelgoog (Sleeves)
:shock:
Wait...which website? :?
Yeah really, official English website is slow updating. :?
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
manwiththemachinegun

A link would be appreciated from us casuals. :)
balofo

Hmm... What was that fire attack that made the Unicorn eject all of its Beam weapons? Something from the Neo Zeong, perhaps
Zeonista

Xenosynth wrote:http://www.gundam-unicorn.net/ms/02.html

There's the japanese website.
Thanks. :) The Gelgoogs look excellent in their Sleeves colors.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
manwiththemachinegun

I do love the concept of a mobile suit sized handgun. Now it just needs to be a revolver to be extra cool. :P
balofo

In the end Armed Armor XC was just to lower the requirements for activating NT-D

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig26/10261893k2.jpg
Calubin_175

Can't really confirm whether it is merely art style changes, but the anime EWAC seems to have a head similar to the ReZEL.
balofo

Calubin_175 wrote:Can't really confirm whether it is merely art style changes, but the anime EWAC seems to have a head similar to the ReZEL.
Yeah, the lineart for the OVA is totally new.

BTW how do you guys think the Gelgoog will fare against the Jegan?
BrentD15

balofo wrote:
Calubin_175 wrote:Can't really confirm whether it is merely art style changes, but the anime EWAC seems to have a head similar to the ReZEL.
Yeah, the lineart for the OVA is totally new.

BTW how do you guys think the Gelgoog will fare against the Jegan?
Like the Gaza-D, but worse.
However, the ReGelg might stand a better chance. :)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
balofo

This month's Prismatic is about the Rebawoo! Though it doesn't say why it was chosen for psycommu testing...

Praying for a scan to finally know what those new leg weapons are called.
PowerdGNFlag

balofo wrote:This month's Prismatic is about the Rebawoo! Though it doesn't say why it was chosen for psycommu testing...

Praying for a scan to finally know what those new leg weapons are called.
Probably because the base model already had a remote weapon of sorts (i.e. the Nutter)?
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Arsarcana

Calubin_175 wrote:For the Neo Zeong's case, the Sinanju is merely a core unit and its original abilities could not be carried out in the MA form. Even if it is detached as an escape unit, I doubt it will have legs.
Apparently, it will, with the legs folded up to fit. Don't know if it can fit any weapons in there aside from the stuff that can be racked inside the shield but that still leaves a complete MS for one final fight after the MA parts are all destroyed.
MaC

Regarding The Sleeve's ability to have a surprisingly deep bench of advanced mobile suit forces, I dunno that it's too far fetched. Consider that it's all but said in the anime that they have unofficial support of certain political parties within the Republic of Zeon, likely coupled with a few supporters from within the colonies, ones that Char stirred up and stuck with, plus others drawn in by Full Frontal's Char Impersonation. Disappearing a few choice machines like Sinanju Stein and Kyshatriya through under the table dealings seems quite reasonable.

For Neo Zeong, I wouldn't be surprised for it to have been in development since soon after Char's Rebellion. Possibly during, as we know the political and financial backers behind Char's movement had long term goals after Char dropped Axis. I think it'd be cool for it to have been built partially out of the remains of Alpha Azieru, which took a grenade to the cockpit, something the Neo-Zeong lacks. Is it so unlikely that some faction or fragment of Char's Neo Zeon recovered the remains and, displaying that trademark Zeon persistence/stubbornness/knowledge that a giant Mobile Armor is a nice tool to have, set to work restoring/re purposing the salvage? I wouldn't be surprised to learn it was a long-term Neo Zeon project whose development was fast-tracked after UC episode 2/3 after The Sleeves had a chance to analyze Unicorn and that the Sinanju-Docking system was a stop-gate measure to speed up production rather then a design optimization.

There are also the remains of Quess's Jagd Doga and Sazabi unaccounted for but presumably in the Sleeves possession. We also don't know what, if anything. Neo Zeon were able to salvage/loot from Axis and Luna II. Perhaps those were some of the raw materials used as the basis for Kyshatriya? We know the Federation was able to confirm Axis's nuclear thruster's still worked, but did they have the time/resources to inventory and transport everything within Axis to Federation storage facilities?

Regardless, we know that Char's Neo Zeong had silent supporters from within the colonies. The Sleeves Neo Zeon movement likely have at least some of this support, possibly more were roused back into action with the appearance of Full Frontal. The possession of Minerva as a political hostage likely accounts for some additional sources of support.

If Mark is correct that the MSN/AMS model number is from Anahiem, the presence of Mobile Suits bearing those model numbers within the Sleeves forces confirms that the Sleeves still have support of the Granada facility in some capacity. Logic would dictate that they were not the lone hold over from Char's Rebellion. In fact, supporting/financing a small terrorist organization like the Sleeves might be easier to do covertly then a massive uprising like Char's Neo Zeon. We see in the animation that unlike Char's relatively uniform and state of the art Neo Zeon the Sleeves are comprised more like the Delaz fleet, an assortment of whatever Mobile Suits could still fly and fight, with a backbone of newer Geara Zulu's. Never mind that I doubt Neo Zeon budgets their resources with long term goals in mind, in fact their entire operation to secure Laplace's Box and buy enough time for the Republic of Zeon to lead the charge with Full Frontal's plan suggests this is their final option, allowing them to allocate resources towards short term goals like secret super weapons.

Considering the chaos, in terms of terrorist organizations, guerrilla armies, and general madness and violence, of our own world which is relatively stable compared to the near 20 years of war and chaos spread, not just across the continents of Earth, but the clusters of colonies in the Earth Sphere, I don't find the idea of a well funded space terrorist organization so outside the realm of possibility. Of course, in the real world we don't have terrorist organizations getting secret aircraft carriers full of advanced fighter jets and tanks, but then again, I never took the "Real" in "Real Robot" quite that seriously.
Calubin_175

So it has been confirmed that the Sinanju is kneeling there. I think the model would include the beam rifle in addition to the bazooka.
halo1000

MaC wrote:I think it'd be cool for it to have been built partially out of the remains of Alpha Azieru, which took a grenade to the cockpit, something the Neo-Zeong lacks.
If the series adheres to the timeline set out in the manga's set in late UC then it won't be the Alpha Azeiru wreckage. The remains are collected by the Buch Concern when they volunteer to clean up the debris in earth orbit in about UC105; the frame is then used to develop the Ebihru Doga mobile armor to be used by the Crossbone Vanguard.