The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk VI

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
BrentD15

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk VI

manwiththemachinegun wrote:Hey, just surviving a Gundam story as a Feddie redshirt is quite an accomplishment. :D
Yes, but it could also be a bad omen for things to come. :mrgreen:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
AmuroNT1

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... 360db5.gif

I don't know why this picture amuses me so, but it does.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
BrentD15

AmuroNT1 wrote:http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/ ... 360db5.gif

I don't know why this picture amuses me so, but it does.
Where is that casual-looking mobile armor heading?
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Andrew_Graruru

New trailer: http://youtu.be/_9kA4UZA5kM

Animation looks much more impressive than previous entries. FA Unicorns armaments seem to be getting wasted real early.
Check out my (awful) podcast. Anime Graruru.
Deacon Blues

I must say I'm sorely disappointed that Taja was not brought in to close out the UC series with a theme song. I figured if anything they would've :(
Zeonista

I dunno how the music gets selected for the anime. However, my grumbles get covered by the fact that said music tends to be pretty good, and helps build BGM tracks for game sessions. :)

Damn, that trailer is mighty. It usually takes a slab of St Louis BBQ or double chocolate cake to make me drool that much. :D
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
BrentD15

I'm starting to get more worried about these Marida teases.
Spoiler
And also, I saw a trailer for MSG: The Origin in the Related column.
I'm ZOINKing stoked! :D
Arbiter GUNDAM

You haven't read the novels, have you? :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Amion

Stop torturing him, Arbiter. :) And me, by extension.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
balofo

Looks like the Build Knuckle BS will ruin another fight(Unicorn ejecting the beam sabers and throwing away the BM) in this PV together with the punching from 1st teaser
latenlazy

balofo wrote:Looks like the Build Knuckle BS will ruin another fight(Unicorn ejecting the beam sabers and throwing away the BM) in this PV together with the punching from 1st teaser
Did you read the novel.
HellCat

Is it just me or is Unicorn really badly drawn during that explosion at the end?

For the amount of money Gundam makes and the amount of time they have, you'd figure an hour's worth of really good animation wouldn't be so much to ask...
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
manwiththemachinegun

Eh, I don't see it. Looks fine to me.
balofo

HellCat wrote:Is it just me or is Unicorn really badly drawn during that explosion at the end?

For the amount of money Gundam makes and the amount of time they have, you'd figure an hour's worth of really good animation wouldn't be so much to ask...
That's my complaint with this new OVA format: delays and the animation quality is the same as TV series. I see no point in doing this besides greed(MAXIMUM profit for minimum work) or lazyness

Akito OVA 3 was supposed to be out during Summer but has also been delayed with no release date, at least the CG is awesome
Arbiter GUNDAM

HellCat wrote:Is it just me or is Unicorn really badly drawn during that explosion at the end?

You're doing that "Unicorn used stock footage in episode 3!!" thing... Just 'cause there's maybe a few seconds of quirky animation doesn't mean the whole thing will be horrible.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Kratos

Deacon Blues wrote:I must say I'm sorely disappointed that Taja was not brought in to close out the UC series with a theme song. I figured if anything they would've :(
Who's that? I'm fine with Aimer again, although "re:I Am" really felt like a final episode sort of song.

As for the animation, it looked fine to me, but admittedly I'm watching it on a cell phone. Still, we've had the odd weird frame before in the past, but that's never stopped the animation from being fluid and gorgeous 99.9% of the time.

And balofo, you're insane if you think TV animation quality is anywhere near this.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
balofo

Kratos wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:I must say I'm sorely disappointed that Taja was not brought in to close out the UC series with a theme song. I figured if anything they would've :(
Who's that? I'm fine with Aimer again, although "re:I Am" really felt like a final episode sort of song.

As for the animation, it looked fine to me, but admittedly I'm watching it on a cell phone. Still, we've had the odd weird frame before in the past, but that's never stopped the animation from being fluid and gorgeous 99.9% of the time.

And balofo, you're insane if you think TV animation quality is anywhere near this.
Go watch OVA 5 and see RX-0 becoming a white blob then come back :)
Kratos

I've seen episode 5 (and all the others) probably more than is healthy, and if that happens, it happens for, like, a frame. A couple frames that dip in quality doesn't suddenly lower the whole production to TV level. I mean, clearly in your mind it does, but most people here can deal with that. Animators are only human and it's barely noticeable - a fact that's doubly true when it's in the middle of an action scene and plenty is happening immediately afterwards.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
HellCat

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:

You're doing that "Unicorn used stock footage in episode 3!!" thing... Just 'cause there's maybe a few seconds of quirky animation doesn't mean the whole thing will be horrible.
I'm not doing any thing. I've enjoyed Unicorn but for an anniversary work that has to produce up to 2 hours animation per year, I do admit I'm dissapointed it can often look poor. I've got all 6 Blu-rays sat to my right as I type this, two of them autographed. I'm not looking to give the production unfair treatment.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
balofo

People have no idea how rushed/troubled UC production is...

They literally finished a single BR hours before the advanced showing of OVA 4. You can chalk that up to the whole Earth arc being butchered and part of the staff having fun inserting all those cameos like the Gouf FT that doesn't even get to Torrington but wasted some seconds of animation for nothing.

The UC OVAs are being made up as they go, unfortunately...