The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Locked
User avatar
BrentD15
Posts: 902
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:36 am

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

Post by BrentD15 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:07 pm

Raikoh wrote:
Angelo Sauper wrote:The MA is a contradiction to everything known about them. Yeah, it will give them more firepower, but they've not relied on firepower until now. There has always been tact and guile, their newtype machines have always been used decisively and they've always known when to put up a fight and when to retreat.
Are we just sweeping the existence of the Shamblo under the rug?
How could we all forget about Anaheim Electronics? :mrgreen:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25

latenlazy
Posts: 1223
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:30 am

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

Post by latenlazy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:36 pm

BrentD15 wrote:
Raikoh wrote:
Angelo Sauper wrote:The MA is a contradiction to everything known about them. Yeah, it will give them more firepower, but they've not relied on firepower until now. There has always been tact and guile, their newtype machines have always been used decisively and they've always known when to put up a fight and when to retreat.
Are we just sweeping the existence of the Shamblo under the rug?
How could we all forget about Anaheim Electronics? :mrgreen:
Which we now know was a stooge of the Vist fund :D. The conspiracy is strong with this one.

Heaven Piercing Man
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:13 pm

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

Post by Heaven Piercing Man » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:27 pm

balofo wrote:Kshatriya Repaired has FUNNEL MISSILES!

http://img226.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/20 ... 721030.jpg

Design redeemed.
So THAT'S the shout out to Hassy's Flash they promised.
Damnit Fukui, I wanted to see a Gustav Karl

toysdream
Posts: 3250
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:24 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

Post by toysdream » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:53 pm

The origins of all these superweapons are an interesting question, and it's often been a bit vague. A lot of them are left over from previous iterations of Neo Zeon, and the model numbers generally seem to be a clue as to their origins...

AMS and MSN seem to indicate machines produced for Neo Zeon by Anaheim Electronics. This was always the case for the Jagd Doga and Sazabi, and it now seems to be assumed that the Geara Doga and Geara Zulu were Anaheim-produced as well.

AMA for the Shamblo indicates that it was designed by Haman's Neo Zeon. Supposedly, the blueprints ended up in the hands of terrestrial Zeon remnants, who spent six years finishing the completed machine. Kind of the same backstory as the Val Walo from Gundam 0083, although that one was completed by a single one-armed guy. :-)

NZ for the Alpha Azieru, Kshatriya, and Neo Zeong indicates that these are part of a pure Neo Zeon development line, theoretically with minimal help from Anaheim or anyone else. I don't think it was ever really explained where Char's Neo Zeon got their hands on the Alpha Azieru - the Rewloola towed it along when it left Sweetwater for the final time, but Char's fleet only occupied Sweetwater a couple of months earlier, so they probably brought it with them from wherever they were hiding out before that.

What about the Neo Zeong, then? Where did it come from? Has it been aboard the Rewloola all along, or did Frontal's flagship make a detour somewhere to pick it up? Was it originally designed as a power-up for the Sinanju, or did they just plug the Sinanju into an otherwise completed boss mecha to serve as a cockpit? Is there a secret Neo Zeon hideout somewhere in the depths of space, with a warehouse full of NZ-series machines for emergency use only? Who knows...

-- Mark

User avatar
balofo
Posts: 2459
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:45 pm

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

Post by balofo » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:59 pm

toysdream wrote:What about the Neo Zeong, then? Where did it come from? Has it been aboard the Rewloola all along, or did Frontal's flagship make a detour somewhere to pick it up? Was it originally designed as a power-up for the Sinanju, or did they just plug the Sinanju into an otherwise completed boss mecha to serve as a cockpit? Is there a secret Neo Zeon hideout somewhere in the depths of space, with a warehouse full of NZ-series machines for emergency use only? Who knows...

-- Mark
Just wait for the HGUC manual in June! Besides with Bamco making such a huge MA, Nightingale feels even closer now

User avatar
Calubin_175
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:06 pm

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

Post by Calubin_175 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:08 am

Is the HGUC model 80 cm up to the two blinders or head height?

This is still taller than Transformers Metroplex.

User avatar
Calubin_175
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:06 pm

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

Post by Calubin_175 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:08 pm

Almost half the height comes from the presumably detachable booster.

I am not sure whether they're just for long range travel purposes or for combat maneuvers as well. It would actually be odd to detach it as the rear skirt remains protruded unless some inner module is sheathed by the upper portion of the booster.

Getting squads of HGUC Jegan D and Rezels getting killed by the Neo Zeong with be nice.

User avatar
balofo
Posts: 2459
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:45 pm

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

Post by balofo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:14 pm

Calubin_175 wrote:Almost half the height comes from the presumably detachable booster.

I am not sure whether they're just for long range travel purposes or for combat maneuvers as well. It would actually be odd to detach it as the rear skirt remains protruded unless some inner module is sheathed by the upper portion of the booster.

Getting squads of HGUC Jegan D and Rezels getting killed by the Neo Zeong with be nice.
I suppose it'll finally sink the General Revil along all it MS squads :D

Since he can't sink the Nahel nor the Ra Cailum(plot armor), and there aren't other EFF ships nearby

User avatar
Calubin_175
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:06 pm

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

Post by Calubin_175 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:29 pm

The Sinanju and Neo Zeong looks so much better in maroon while being in the space colony.

I am impressed by the MA as I have always been a fan of the legless.

This will be the definitive version of the Zeon symbolic decisive battle boss MA, but the Great Zeong does look more idealistic and perfect though far-fetched and less MA like.

User avatar
balofo
Posts: 2459
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:45 pm

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

Post by balofo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:28 pm

HGUC Silver Bullet manual states its data was used in the development of the MP Nu. Hmmmm...

toysdream
Posts: 3250
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:24 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

Post by toysdream » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:28 pm

balofo wrote:HGUC Silver Bullet manual states its data was used in the development of the MP Nu. Hmmmm...
So wait, where exactly does it say that?

-- Mark

User avatar
balofo
Posts: 2459
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:45 pm

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

Post by balofo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm

toysdream wrote:
balofo wrote:HGUC Silver Bullet manual states its data was used in the development of the MP Nu. Hmmmm...
So wait, where exactly does it say that?

-- Mark
LOL, now that you mention it, the MP Nu isn't mentioned in the real manual. I just got trolled :)
<シルヴァ・バレト>は<ドーベン・ウルフ>ををベースに、AE社が地球連邦軍の依頼を受け、改修を行った試作型MSである。「第一次ネオ・ジオン抗争」終了後、ネオ・ジオン軍本拠地<アクシズ>は地球連邦政府の管理下に置かれ、その際に予備戦力として残存していた<ドーベン・ウルフ>数機を接収、一般併用サイコミュ・システム、いわゆる準サイコミュの技術研究用にAE社のグラナダ工場に移送され、本機への改修作業が行われた。ベース機のジェネレーター直結型火器を一部オミットし、それに伴い外装を構成する装甲部材を更新。その副次的効果として、機体の大幅な軽量化と、スラスター各部への効率的なエネルギー供給が可能となり、高出力状態を維持しつつ安定、かつ良好な俊敏性を獲得している。不要部分を削ぎ落とし、機体コンセプトを今一度絞り込んだ本機の最終的な性能数値は、テスト用MSとしての想定数値を大幅に越え、十二分に実戦での運用に耐えうる高いレベルを示したという。無重力、重力下問わぬ様々な環境での運用テストによって得られた準サイコミュのデータは、<量産型νガンダム>の開発に活用されたという。その後AE社の関連企業によって管理されていた複数の本機が、連邦軍のMS開発計画による模擬戦で大破したとされるが、その詳細は機密事項となっており公式に一切の記録は残されていない。

User avatar
Dark Duel
Posts: 4792
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:39 pm
Location: A blue City in a red State

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

Post by Dark Duel » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Calubin_175 wrote:This will be the definitive version of the Zeon symbolic decisive battle boss MA, but the Great Zeong does look more idealistic and perfect though far-fetched and less MA like.
Depends on what MA you're looking at. Because broadly speaking, it looks a whole lot like an Alpha Azieru with arms.
There are some differences, of course - like the apparent lack of funnels, the fact that it's apparently designed to house the Sinanju in the center a la Dendrobium Orchis, those bits of kibble on the shoulders, and the color.

Overall, I'm not too dissatisfied, though I do wonder where the heck they got that thing.
Because from the little I've been able to find of the novel, the final battle in Unicorn essentially involved a half-torn-apart Sinanju getting double-teamed by the two Unicorn Gundams and curb-stomped accordingly. This, to me, means that the final battle in the episode is going to be a lot less one-sided and more awesome.
There's one other thing I'm hoping they change, but I'm not too optimistic on that one.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."

Kratos
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:57 pm
Location: BC

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

Post by Kratos » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:22 pm

I'm sort of on the side of hoping that we'll get a big FA VS MA clash, with the FA Unicorn tearing apart the Neo Zeong until the Sinanju core is all that's left (maybe while the Banshee takes on the Kshatriya), and THEN we get our curb stomp once the two Unicorns unite.

Is is possible that the Neo Zeong is literally a "kitbash" (mechbash?) - like, it's a bunch of tech from unrelated MA lashed together for the Sinanju to use? That was basically the idea behind the FA Unicorn (we don't know what awaits us! Let's strap on ALL OF THE WEAPONS!), after all.
Last edited by Kratos on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"

nacho-wan
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: A galaxy far far away...

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

Post by nacho-wan » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:56 pm

Kratos wrote:I'm sort of on the side of hoping that we'll get a big FA VS MA clash, with the FA Unicorn tearing apart the Neo Zeong until the Sinanju core is all that's left (maybe while the Banshee takes on the Kshatriya), and THEN we get our curb stomp once the two Unicorns unite.

Is is possible that the Neo Zeong is literally a "kitbash" (mechbash?) - like, it's a bunch of teach from unrelated MA lashed together for the Sinanju to use? That was basically the idea behind the FA Unicorn (we don't know what awaits us! Let's strap on ALL OF THE WEAPONS!), after all.
I agree with you. The Neo Zeong is an opportunitics MA, not a well though ultimate machine. The lack of funnels point to that since the Psyco-Gundam-Ness claws are far easier to attach to an external armor module -kind of reminds me of the Kraken Zulu.

I hated the Neo Zeong when I first saw it -specially the name, because is quite lame- but now that Sinanju shines on its crown, it is all different now.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller

User avatar
Calubin_175
Posts: 1105
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:06 pm

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

Post by Calubin_175 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:00 am

The official profiles says it isn't a combination as it converts the Red Comet's humanoid form into a monster.

Combination usually implies that some of its original abilities are retained, eg Orchis, Agrissa and Meteor still allows the MS unit to operate independently. I'll say the Krake Zulu is more of a combination.

For the Neo Zeong's case, the Sinanju is merely a core unit and its original abilities could not be carried out in the MA form. Even if it is detached as an escape unit, I doubt it will have legs.

Most of these large non humanoid MAs have been classified as strategic stronghold assault use.

Giant additional MA-fying modules have always been the pride of the Gundam franchise and few other franchises employ it. There is the Sutherland Sieg from Geass and that also has a core unit only.

User avatar
balofo
Posts: 2459
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:45 pm

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

Post by balofo » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:05 am

One of the Rebawoo's pilot

http://i.imgur.com/Llsr65w.jpg

Heaven Piercing Man
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:13 pm

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

Post by Heaven Piercing Man » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:41 pm

Sub Lt. Luger Lou?

User avatar
BrentD15
Posts: 902
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:36 am

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

Post by BrentD15 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:08 pm

balofo wrote:One of the Rebawoo's pilot

http://i.imgur.com/Llsr65w.jpg
Another esper girl to exploit?
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25


Locked