Gundam Side Story: Missing Link MS

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
toysdream

Gundam Side Story: Missing Link MS

Xenosynth mentioned it in the Gundam Games thread, but just as a reminder:

http://sidestory.ggame.jp/jp/ms/

Has mobile suit info for the upcoming Gundam Side Story: Missing Link game.

On the Federation side, the GM Ground Type is a standard machine in Slave Wraith unit colors. The Slave Wraith itself is a Gundam Ground Type with a custom head, featuring new sensors, optical cameras, and communications systems; "the backpack is also replaced with a high-output type, and wearable armor is adopted on the shoulders." As for Fred's Pixie, they're unsure if it's a repaired version of the second unit from Cross Dimension, or the first unit that was scheduled to be deployed in Belfast.

On the Zeon side, Doug Schneid's Efreet is armed with a heat lance instead of the original heat saber. It can also carry a giant bazooka, and is pictured with a Gouf Custom-type triple gatling gun. Yes, the color scheme's kind of familiar. :-)

Not yet on the site is the RX-80PR Pale Rider (see game magazine scan here). Yes, a completely new mobile suit! The scan shows ground and space versions, with the space type apparently borrowing some equipment from the RX-78-5 Gundam. Armaments include beam guns and a giant gatling, which again is very RX-78-5. According to the hard-to-read profile text, the RX-80 was being developed as a next-generation production type, but it proved impossible to mass-produce and was turned over to a research institute that turned it into a testbed for the "Hades system."

- Mark
Xenosynth

Re: Gundam Side Story: Missing Link MS

Also a random note, but another strange oddity on the trailer there, at the end you see a GM Command Space type with an entirely new backpack. It's something minor but it still caught my attention, I don't think that backpack has been used on any other unit I've seen.

Edit: Link to the GM Command.

Edit Edit: Derp, turns out that's the ground GM Command's backpack. Still odd that they'd put that on the space unit. Last minute conversion or something perhaps?
balofo

Interesting stuff from the cover:
-Doug Schneid's Efreet new Heat Lance? It also has head vulcans but strangely enough they don't list it in the site.
-A Rick Dom? carrying a new GIANT Heat Sabre, Gross Beil vibes?
-Guncannon Heavy Arms Type
-High Mobility Psycommu System Zaku

http://imgur.com/nvuneqA
toysdream

Good spotting! I think that Guncannon is actually the RX-77-3D from the MSV-R series, though - note the chin guard, shoulder armor, lack of boxes on the cannons, and general crappy appearance. :-)

As for the Efreet's head vulcans, they never get any love. Katoki seems to leave them off his Efreet variants, so at least this version's more classic.

-- Mark
balofo

toysdream wrote:Good spotting! I think that Guncannon is actually the RX-77-3D from the MSV-R series, though - note the chin guard, shoulder armor, lack of boxes on the cannons, and general crappy appearance. :-)

As for the Efreet's head vulcans, they never get any love. Katoki seems to leave them off his Efreet variants, so at least this version's more classic.

-- Mark
Yeah, MSV-R is everywhere now, games and manga(0083 Rebellion)
toysdream

On the whole, I'm happy about that - there's lots of MSV-R stuff I like, especially the ultra-popular G type Zaku. Less fond of things like the RX-77-3D, the lower half of the GM Intercept Custom, and the entire body of the GM Guard Custom (which I guess we should blame on the Kizuna game...)

-- Mark
Enileph

GM Intercept Custom is not in Kizuna (yes we get Guard Custom, which can be fast)

G type Zaku is a nice touch, not sure about the new RX-81. As for the Gun cannon, I guess efsf needs some variant too, this one seems like 3D variant.
Happy with the new heat axe of Efreet, though I think the gouf style hand cannon is weird.
Still not sure if the Rick-Dom variant is what I am dreaming off... but from CDA it may just be an F type. (you get a few pages of one with the giant heat sword)

Oh, does this game has anything to do with Gundam Cross Dimension? It was the game that spawns Efreet and Pixie Gundam to start with...
balofo

Enileph wrote:Oh, does this game has anything to do with Gundam Cross Dimension? It was the game that spawns Efreet and Pixie Gundam to start with...
Cross Dimension missions are included in HD using this engine :D
toysdream

Enileph wrote:GM Intercept Custom is not in Kizuna (yes we get Guard Custom, which can be fast)
I know, I was just complaining about my least favorite MSV-R designs. :-)
Still not sure if the Rick-Dom variant is what I am dreaming off... but from CDA it may just be an F type. (you get a few pages of one with the giant heat sword)
It sure looks like the Rick Dom II.

-- Mark
Calubin_175

Come to think of it, Cross Dimension was the first game console original Gaiden but just wasn't as heavily publicised as Blue Destiny.

To achieve some Cross Dimension missions, they probably just palette swap the two units in Missing Link.

Don't forget the Guncannon team from Cross Dimension was mentioned in Zeonic Front.

I am not sure whether the remakes of the former Side Stories is going to be a lazy one or not, as in no voice acting(reused clips would be fine) and minimal character portraits.

Since this side story should be as canon as Blue Destiny, oh actually not really but the implementation of MSV-R just validates the new MSV series, not as a bunch of MS which were missing on record and recovered in 0090.
Xenosynth

Uhm, pretty sure I read somewhere that they are actually re-recording all the voice acting with the original voice actors rather than using the old clips. If I can find a link I'll link it.

So I have to wonder about the 'Missing Link' title, if there'll be anything that actually qualifies as this Missing Link or what, MS or Storywise.

I really hope they update the MS section of the site soon though. There are a few MSV-R units that'd be interesting. With the inclusion of bombing and support, they might even have some ships/conventional military vehicles from MSV/MSV-R/etc in for those.
AmuroNT1

I've also heard that they're bringing back all the original sidestory voice actors, where possible (IE, excluding all those who've gone to the Great Recording Booth in the Sky).
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Calubin_175

Well it is an 8500 yen game after discount, so it should be good.

Missing Link was a tentative name and is now the name for the new story being included in this Side Stories compilation game.

I have a feeling that the remakes will only just get a few missions each.

Hope there is a free online mode of sorts but unlikely as it will cannibalise Battle Operation.
Xenosynth

O_o Huh.

Also:
http://sidestory.ggame.jp/jp/images/spec/img_first.png
Why in all promotional art does the Pale Rider look so... blue. While the in-game images show it as grey/white?

I thought the game was gonna be a strictly OYW affair though. Then again, with the inclusion of Doug Schneid, and the Efreet (Schneid Use), then maybe we do get some later chapters based on the Gryps Conflict, and possibly even ZZ or something, I dunno, can't say for certain. It might be interesting to see if Doug Schneid was part of one of the earth Zeon Remnants during the time of ZZ, and see the process of him upgrading his Efreet.
yazi88

Is the Zudah or any MS Igloo units gonna be in the game?
Xenosynth

Not unless they are included in the VR Mode. The only 'guaranteed' MS would be ones from:

Rise from the Ashes
The Thoroughbred Missions from Encounters in Space
Zeonic Front
Blue Destiny
Lost War Chronicles

And probably only ones that were important to the story for those games. Unless they pop up in VR mode or somehow factor into the Missing Link story, then probably not.
yazi88

Maybe a Gelgoog is added to Zeonic Front and is a new thing to this version of the game rather than being just a extra? Although I kind of doubt it unless its new game plus or something.
Zeonista

Hey hey, a Dorven Wolf & a Gundam Mk V in the Pale Rider's not-pale color scheme. Looks like they will allow the game to go as far as ZZ anyway. Sentinel MS are always welcome. 8)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
toysdream

I don't think those appear in the game. Somebody just pasted them into a graphic for comparison purposes.

-- Mark