The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Xenosynth

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk III

Oh, whoops. Sorry, so you did. Again, lack of sleep ^^;
kayone73

Gundam420 wrote:Did anyone see the tournament bracket?

-Raman Khan
-John Ayers Mackenzie
-Patrick Mannequin
I died when I saw the name 'Patrick Mannequin' and yes, in the 00 Universe he probably had to change his last name to hers as well
Cybaster

Gundam420 wrote:
BrentD15 wrote:I'm surprised nobody talked about
Spoiler
Patrick Mannequin!
I'd really be pleasantly surprised if Patrick manages to win both his matches to earn some proper screen time vs. Meijin Kawaguchi/the Renato Brothers. Talk about being the King of Simulated Battles... :roll:
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Strike Zero

SO

G-Saviour - check

S Gundam - check

All we need now is for Crossbone Gundam to make an appearance, and the unholy trinity of forbidden animated Gundam cameos* will be complete.
Spoiler
*I totally coined this phrase myself. Damn, I'm good. :mrgreen:
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Khandri

No surprise here, but I fangirled like crazy at the beginning when we saw young Mao building things in a room with various Gundam X posters on the wall (a real poster that I've seen around with Garrod and Tiffa on it, then the original 1/100 HG box art for the GX and Virsago). This kid is a true fan of the show, and this makes me so very happy. (And then of course, there was the "cameo" of the Tiffa figure I've always wanted on his master's shelf later on.)

Mao also has good taste in Emma Sheen being his favorite Gundam woman. She's one of my favorites too.

I am also glad we didn't see the actual demise of the Maoh during the fight. I think I would've cried like a baby. I also really, really wanted to give Mao a hug at the end, because his reaction to losing is something I relate very well to (I used to show horses as a teen, and I never got to the level/competition I wanted to get to, and it crushed me in the exact same way). Even though we likely won't get to see the Maoh in action anymore, I hope this isn't the last we've seen of Mao in the show itself, 'cause he's easily my favorite character.
That wacky Gundam X fangirl (yes, girl) the fandom warned you about...
Amion

You know what would have worked better to give more tension to this battle? Have it so Sei and Reiji did not have to win their last qualifier in order to continue like every other player in the finals and have Mao be their opponent instead of Felini. That way, the battle with Felini would have been even more epic, we could have also had a tense match where we wouldn't be able to tell for sure if the Build Strike or Mao might win. A smooth, fun battle with the creators' pride on the line and nothing else to distract.

As for this episode...I still say I'm probably going to be disappointed. Going to go watch now. *immediatly laughs about the Newtypes controlling time thing.* Oh, and Nils meditating. I think they put him in just to make fun of the Gary Stu trope. :D

Edit after watching:

Yeah, this was a very disappointing episode. The battle with the Mao was good and I enjoyed it that they never show the X Mao taking the final blow. However, it feels as if the fight was sort of forced. Wasn't Mao already able to do the whole Plavsky manipulation thing? His Solar Ray system is something totally different, so why did he not use the same power he used back when dealing with the Apsalus?

Also, CURSE YOU RENATO BROTHERS! My precious Abingorbine! NOOOOOOOO!

I was really hoping to see that battle. Surely we have enough episodes left to show a least a snippet of how they beat him? I mean, that Abigorbine had so many tiny features that were worth getting another bit of exposition. And those Renato brothers are hopelessly defeated. I mean, they cannot defeat the Meijin, nobody can defeat him until the inevitable final battle.

And I am now voting Nils for final boss. He will lose to Sei and Reiji after they channel the power of Gunpla building joy and trash his tricky Senguko Astray. Then they will defeat Meijin and Kawaguchi in a glorious battle in that volcanic field *This show's too good not to give us that or something better* and defeat him as well.

After watching this, Mashita will be so horror stricken that he will pitch a fit. He'll conveniently catch Ninja Nils and tell him that he'll even give him the Plavsky Particle secret and maybe even let him go if he gets rid of his little Prince problem before Reiji remembers him. To do it he has PPSE develop the Exia Dark Matter for Nils and they confront the heroes trying to unravel the secret of the Plavsky Particle.

And then China somehow gets zapped by the particles and sets up the storyline for the next twenty five episodes, presumably featuring Reiji's home.

All right, I'll just set this up as a target so you guys can punch the necessary holes in it. *Hurls self out the back door*
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Raikoh

Amion wrote:Wasn't Mao already able to do the whole Plavsky manipulation thing? His Solar Ray system is something totally different, so why did he not use the same power he used back when dealing with the Apsalus?
I'd say that was sort of the point of showing his interactions with Master Chinan, in that his best way of trying to get victory is to take his own path. His manipulation of Plavsky particles might've worked, but in the Apsalus fight his skills were undeveloped to the point where it completely trashed the X Maoh after a single shot of the Satellite Cannon. The solar system allowed him to spam the cannon in a way that's both easy and practical, as well as juice up the suit with a double (or if he was using Plavsky manipulation in his final attack, TRIPLE) whammy with the Maoh Sword. At least, that's what I think.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Strike Zero

Amion wrote:Wasn't Mao already able to do the whole Plavsky manipulation thing? His Solar Ray system is something totally different, so why did he not use the same power he used back when dealing with the Apsalus?
Uh, that's exactly what he was doing? He fired the Hyper Satellite Cannon several times without linking up to the microwave station.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Compass

Murrue Ramius in this episode :oops:
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
HellCat

http://feb.2chan.net/dec/18/src/1391418956752.jpg

I'm impressed that DS got a cameo to express his love of his Captain.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Destiny_Gundam

Strike Zero wrote:Uh, that's exactly what he was doing? He fired the Hyper Satellite Cannon several times without linking up to the microwave station.
No, that was Mao using the Solar System to get energy from the Sun. What he did before was fire the Satellite Cannon using pure particles, but it left his gunpla drained of energy so he can't use that method consecutively.

Using the Solar System was incredibly clever. The battle didn't live up to the one against Fellini, though. At least Misaki was back, looking quite cute in her casual clothes.

Not surprised Luang lost, because Sei and Reiji already had their battle against him. I'm actually not quite sure how the next match will go, because while Sei and Reiji's fight against Tatsuya has been built up a lot, the main rival suddenly losing is not uncommon (however it would be to some one like Aila). The Renatos have been prevalent enough that it would be odd if they don't fight Sei and Reiji at least once (racing doesn't count). But at the same time, them being the final opponents doesn't feel right.

Well, I just want to see the Canadian dude. Just a brief glimpse to see what he looks like and what he mains is enough.

Looking forward to seeing Aila interact with Sei and China next week.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Vent Noir

Given that Mao's favourite female Gundam character is Emma Sheen, can we consider him the Soul Bro's Man for this series?
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Wingnut

Vent Noir wrote:Given that Mao's favourite female Gundam character is Emma Sheen, can we consider him the Soul Bro's Man for this series?
No, no. Mao doesn't even come close to meeting the criteria for being a Soul Bro's man. We're talking the likes of Saji and co. here. If anyone in this show is, it's Sazaki and/or the PPSE chairman.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kuruni

Amion wrote:And I am now voting Nils for final boss. He will lose to Sei and Reiji after they channel the power of Gunpla building joy and trash his tricky Senguko Astray. Then they will defeat Meijin and Kawaguchi in a glorious battle in that volcanic field *This show's too good not to give us that or something better* and defeat him as well.
I think Aila fit better, especially if she smile at Reiji after intense battle and tell him how fun it was, then collapse - which zap the joy of victory from our heroes.

Agree that the final arc is most likely going to focus on secret of Plavsky particle.
My girlfriend was a loli.
monster

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Not surprised Luang lost, because Sei and Reiji already had their battle against him. I'm actually not quite sure how the next match will go, because while Sei and Reiji's fight against Tatsuya has been built up a lot, the main rival suddenly losing is not uncommon (however it would be to some one like Aila). The Renatos have been prevalent enough that it would be odd if they don't fight Sei and Reiji at least once (racing doesn't count). But at the same time, them being the final opponents doesn't feel right.
Isn't the finals a single-elimination tournament?
Dark Duel

A cookie to whoever can guess, of the ladies we saw on the old man's shelves, which one is my special favorite. Clue: It's NEITHER the old man's nor Mao's.

I do agree that there is a great deal of drama potential in a Reiji/Aila encounter. Bad enough when they inevitably will have to battle against her - because it is nearly inevitable, based on the brackets (see below), and Gundam Rule of Drama dictates that the battle MUST take place.

On another note, just a quick question: When the Star Build Strike activated the RG System for that final move, I can't be the only one whose mind immediately went "T-LIINK KNUUUCKLE!!!!!!"
...right?

That said, while this match couldn't come close to matching the level of epic awesomeness of Seiji v. Fellini, it was still pretty awesome. Though I couldn't help but sniffle a bit at poor Mao-kun crying like that, so I was kinda glad he got over it pretty quick.
Loved the episode, overall. Which gave me new wallpapers!

Now, for some speculation...
Here's how I see it going, based on the brackets:
Spoiler
Fellini beats Raman Khan (obviously)
Aila ROFLstomps Peter Morris (again, obvious)
Round 2 for this bracket is therefore:
FELLINI v. AILA
And as much as I hate to say it, Wing fanboy that I am, this is where poor Fellini goes down, HARD.
Niels, of course, is going to beat Georgios Laertius(duh)
So, equally obviously, our main characters' Round 2 match will be

SEIJI v. NILS
Sei and Iori are going to win, I think, though it will be a really tough match. One that I am really looking forward to.
Equally inevitably, this leaves the next match as…

SEIJI v. AILA.
In the interim, possibly Reiji learns that Aila is the girl he's met a couple of times. Bear in mind now, she knows his name, but I don't think he knows hers.
LOADS of drama potential here.

As for the other sides of the brackets, half of them are nobodies, including Patrick Mannequin (Which made me LOL quite a bit). So none of them matter. Whichever one of them makes it to the next round will probably just get an offscreen whupping courtesy of whoever wins Round 2 in the bracket below - which is of course

TWEEDLE DEE & TWEEDLE DUM v. MEIJIN KAWAGUCHI III, which I honestly think is a foregone conclusion. NO WAY is The ArchRival going to job it to a couple of second-stringer punks.
Mind you, they're going to get their licks in, for sure.
But in the end, I think Kawaguchi is going to prove exactly why his Kämpfer's called "Amazing".

And then, the tournament finals. SEIJI v. TATSUYA, ROUND 2.
Either at this point or shortly afterwards, the REMOVED Sazabi and that Virsago-wannabe Exia will poke their ugly heads in and then things go on from there.
And that is what I think.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kuruni

As I stated before, I think that...
Spoiler
...while Felini will go down - hard, he will hold out long enough, just so that Sei and Reiji will get a glimpse of whatever Papilon's trick is. Although they (and us) won't fully understand it until actual match.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Gundam420

Nah I think Saji's man is Cziommer.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
Compass

I'm still waiting to see the 3rd mode for the Discharge System. We've seen Rifle and Speed mode, but that Aqua mode hasn't been touched yet. It's hard to imagine it being stronger than RG mode, though.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Wingnut

The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.