The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
FinalSin66

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

yes Jerid did in episode 44.
BrentD15

FinalSin66 wrote:yes Jerid did in episode 44.
I think he also used it in conjunction with Scirocco's forces against Bask Om with Reccoa Londe (can be seen in Palace Athene's GundamInfo video).
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Dark Duel

Thank you both for clearing that up for me. I'm actually rewatching Z at the moment, but not quite that far along yet (I only just cleared the Dakar episode a couple of days ago).
Ahem...
now back to Unicorn.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
balofo

Riddhe getting his Titans Color Byalant Custom Unit 2. The back Moveable binders mount beam cannons, the small round shields on the arms are called Aero Armor and are used in MA form to decrease wind resistance and the arm long barrel Beam Rifles also double as Beam Sabers.

http://i.imgur.com/IWs8hjH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lWuZVn9.jpg
Calubin_175

I think I know what the Armed Armor XC is for. It must be a device that enables non-Newtypes to activate destroy mode.
balofo

ZSSA in versions(with Geara Doga's shield and Beam Machine Gun plus a Shotgun) AND GA-ZOWN!!!

http://img226.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/20 ... 80_001.jpg
http://img226.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/20 ... 80_000.jpg
BrentD15

balofo wrote:ZSSA in versions(with Geara Doga's shield and Beam Machine Gun plus a Shotgun) AND GA-ZOWN!!!

That's awesome! :D
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
balofo

BTW with the Rebawoo model being finally released it shed some light on a new things:
-No head vulcans
-The shield doesn't appear to have the I-Field Generator from the draft novel, funny how it would exchange the 5 front mega particle cannons for just a grenade launcher...
-The 3 pack missile from the original Bawoo now are held in a different place in the Rebawoo Attacker
-Now the Rebawoo Nutter has up 4 hardpoints for holding the same 3 pack missiles! http://imgur.com/KZDRRbv
-No clarification on what that new weapon is on the legs, must be a beam gun/cannon

I'm proud to say Katoki finally redeemed the Bawoo Nutter's usefulness giving it viable attack options in the form of 2 flexible beam guns and up to 12 missiles!
Zeonista

balofo wrote:ZSSA in versions(with Geara Doga's shield and Beam Machine Gun plus a Shotgun) AND GA-ZOWN!!!

Excellent! :D

Sounds like the Rebawoo Nutter is a tough machine, although it sounds like the design was modified to reflect the Sleeves' limited budget. :)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Calubin_175

Ga-zown uses e-pack now.
BrentD15

About the repainted Geara Zulus, I was hoping that they'd get a little more paint than just a stripe around their legs and an emblem on their heads.
Zeonista

BrentD15 wrote:About the repainted Geara Zulus, I was hoping that they'd get a little more paint than just a stripe around their legs and an emblem on their heads.
The tech crews probably have more to do right now than spend hours spray-painting a MS. That's the studio's story and they're sticking to it! :D If you like, since the MS' computers do a lot of cookie-cutter matching to keep visual sensor data on the ready-reaction level, a few details painted onto easily noticed surfaces can be useful. (This factor was mentioned in a topic on space combat not too long ago.) The images of the repainted MS can be added to the others' MS computers as "recognize as friendly" items.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
yazi88

Not to mention its probably a homage to F-91 where the defecting Crossbone Vanguard units were spray painted.
Dark Duel

"Unit", singular. It was one Daghi Iris, was totally repainted, and IIRC lasted exactly one battle.
That said, I do agree that they may have been thinking of that with these.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
yazi88

Well, Vigna Ghina was slightly sprayed on the head...
PowerdGNFlag

yazi88 wrote:Well, Vigna Ghina was slightly sprayed on the head...
...to cover up the totally egregious Crossbone Vanguard emblem on the head (with the same base color of the suit, no less)
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
nacho-wan

balofo wrote:...
-The shield doesn't appear to have the I-Field Generator from the draft novel, funny how it would exchange the 5 front mega particle cannons for just a grenade launcher......
Maybe an energy issue -you know to save power for acceleration and such- or just a tactic to deal with an I-field equipped opponent; which I have to admit are pretty rare in the Feddie forces.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Calubin_175

I just realised the Armed Armor XC increased the Banshee's generator output by more than 1000kw.

Great Mechanics said the Armed Armor BS is weaker than the beam magnum but can sustain the beam longer.

I was wondering whether the Armed Armors could be deployed in psycho frame mode if the user is in unicorn mode?
Last edited by Calubin_175 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toysdream

More precisely, the Banshee Norn's power output, thruster output, and sensor radius are all exactly 30% higher than the original Unicorn. (They just rounded off the power output to the nearest 10 kW.) Perhaps the Armed Armor XC is a magic accessory that turns you into Char. :-)

-- Mark
Arsarcana

So the XC is short for eXceed Char? Cross Char? I don't know what but isn't X cool Char?
Calubin_175 wrote:I was wondering whether the Armed Armors could be deployed in psycho frame mode if the user is in unicorn mode?
You would think so, maybe not at full effect but I'm not sure what would prevent, say, the DE's cannon from being used in Unicorn Mode.