SRW Z3 - Jigoku-Hen

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
angelwingzero

Re: SRW Z3 - Jigoku-Hen

Shinji103 wrote:Why pay more for a game when you can get it cheaper with the same graphics? Banpresto definitely messed up here. The only major reason the PS3 version will sell well is if the majority of SRW players have a PS3 and not a PSV.
Hey, that's business man. I don't really like the flat map either, but I hope the money's at least going into the animations.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

I don't see how it's business, or at least good business; people don't pay more for the same thing. The only way the PS3 sales are good is if lots of Z-series fans have a PS3 and not a PSV.

And don't count on the combat animations being better. If they didn't bother to make the maps better for the concole version, they won't make the animation for the PS3 version any better than the PSV version. And we already saw what the combat animations look like in the trailer. It looks like they took the animations straight out of Z2 and plugged them into Z3, just with HD picture. The Arbalest clumsily jogging across the screen to attack Gaul's Codarl was particularly "bleh."

But again, I'm hoping that all this isn't what the final product looks like. But I'm not getting my hopes up on that front.
SCuDgundam

Shinji103 wrote:grump, moan, whinge
Why do you feel the need to be so bloody negative all the time? We're getting a new Z game! It looks good! Mecha series we all enjoy are once again getting together for a grand old hootenanny! You're determined to accentuate what you perceive as negative points, while ignoring the positive ones, and I cannot understand why!
angelwingzero

Hey, chill out man. Shinji's entitled to his opinion. But I do think people should wait until we see more of the game before casting any judgments.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Shinji103

SCuDgundam wrote:
Shinji103 wrote:grump, moan, whinge
Why do you feel the need to be so bloody negative all the time? We're getting a new Z game! It looks good! Mecha series we all enjoy are once again getting together for a grand old hootenanny! You're determined to accentuate what you perceive as negative points, while ignoring the positive ones, and I cannot understand why!
You mean why am I voicing my opinion over what is a graphically inferior game for the PS3? Because I have a right to.
So how is it a fact that Z3 is graphically inferior for a PS3 game? A little game called 2nd SRW OG, which showed just what Banpresto can do with this high-performance HD system. Z3 looks like they just plucked a bunch of engines out of Z2, put them in HD, and dropped them in this game. Even for the PSV, that's shoddy.

When fans get a long-awaited movie adaptation of something, that doesn't stop them from pointing out its faults. Having the luxury of getting something doesn't automatically immunitize it from criticism.

Now as I said myself a couple times, I'm hoping the final product looks better, but I doubt they'd show all this material if it at least didn't resemble said final product.
yazi88

Shinji does have a legitimate complaint about the graphics as it pretty much looks like a polished portable engine brought over to a much more powerful system, its one thing if just the VITA uses it but mainly being on the PS3 makes it a bit suspect.

That being said, the sprites don't look that bad, maybe some of the animations/sprites could use some work but Z3-2 will most likely fix up some errors, or albeit rather unlikely, go back to the 3D map style of Z1 or OGS 2.

To be perfectly honest, by the time the trailers for these types from Japan or certain companies are released, they are close to finishing production unlike most American companies which show a bit of footage with many trailers that fits anywhere during time of production.
Raikoh

More Famitsu scans came up today. Even though I'm itching for a new trailer, these will have to do for now.

This time around, we're looking at the Maximum Break and D-Trader Systems. Translations:
Spoiler
Maximum Break

* Maximum Break can only be used when Tag Tension is at maximum level.
* The sub unit can use any weapon to attack, instead of the normal ‘Assist’ weapon
* Range limits of the sub-unit weapon is also ignored, and all weapons will be treated as Post-Movement
* The main and sub-unit will gain a 1.2x damage bonus
* Maximum Break ignores barriers, counter, support defend<
* After Maximum Break, Tag Tension is reset to 0

Screencaps show that Maximum Break can have both units target a single enemy (as with the Eva-00/Mazinger shots) or have both use ALL Attacks (as with the Falke/Scopedog attacks).

D-Trader System

Similar to the Bazaar system in Z1, you can purchase additional items using a secondary ‘Z-chip’ currency.

* Parts and items can be purchased using Z-Chips obtained by defeating enemies
* Some parts require special conditions to be fulfilled before you can purchase them.
* There will be special events involving your ace pilots in the D-Trader
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Shinji103

Magazine scans with the Banpresto original mech and characters, and some other stuff.

http://i.imgur.com/0ZtjTD0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tR7Bkw0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qQ2ZDZS.jpg
Shinji103

The second PV is out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGLv6yM6O9U

So,

The YF-29 is in the OP movie for the game, which means it's most likely Alto's automatic machine and not a secret unlock anymore.

The attack animations have actually been revamped a bit from their Z1/2 versions just as I'd hoped thankfully. Though the Arbalest's attack animations still look clunky, especially when you compare it to the Zeta Gundam's revamped animation......

Haman's back for some Zeta storyline it seems.

Actual CCA story this time; the Nu Gundam has been in a lot of SRWs where there was no actual CCA story in it, just for the sake of giving Amuro the Nu Gundam. ^^b

Can't have Amata kicking @$$ without calling out Mikono's name........ ^^b

They managed to sneak in some Kotono Mitsuishi voice acting by having her speak up in the Eva attack animations. -_^ (They've never had operators/commanders speak during other mech's attack animation before)

Tornado pack for Ozma's Valkyrie.

Yohko's battle animation.........wow, in a way. O.o

The Tuatha de Danaan is actually going to be a useable battleship unit?! :twitch: But......it's a submarine. Which will massively limit it's usefullness. I guess they had to get in some voicing for Tessa somewhow.....

Those Aquarion battle animations..... ^^b
Raikoh

Shinji103 wrote:Can't have Amata kicking @$$ without calling out Mikono's name........ ^^b
Approximately 80% of his dialogue in the series was "Mikono-san," so I'd think not.

My thoughts on the trailer?
Spoiler
- I'm glad that New Dai-Guard is actually being made into a thing. Unfortunately this probably means no more Dai-Guard Rocket Punch, but that ALL Attack looked great and the "permanent Knot Punisher equipped" Dai-Guard is sweet.
- DAT RED SHOULDER CUTIN
- BECK IS BACK. Please let this mean Beck the Great will be joining again, for keeps this time.
- Buster Collider, hopefully that doesn't mean Double Buster Collider was cut. NORIKO'S SCREAMING YESSSS
- Destroy Mode looks cool. I was wondering if it would be an alternate Will-activated mode or an attack (like Trans-Am). Seems like it's the former.
- I've heard worries that Gundams themselves haven't been getting full-size cutins, and... Well, yeah, it's strange how every unit has been getting massive cutins, and pilot cutins are becoming more and more fancy but for some reason Z3 hasn't been giving Gundams cutins.
- GODMARS MOVED!
- Idol nose art on the Koenig Monster is finally here.
- The Kurogane Five animation is going to be even MORE awesome.
- FUMOFFU! FUMOMOFFU!
- Glad the Yoko Tank is upgrading to mega-sized movie version, since the TV version had kind of boring attacks.
- Rock-Paper-Scissors attack, only thing we need now is the Banana Mugen Punch. And the ability to not use Amata and use one of the far more likeable side characters in his place.
- They're making Tengen Toppa playable?! What size rating is it going to be? 5L or something?!
- I know I've heard Suzune's voice before... I KNOW that voice... Hold on, I'm going to look this up. ARCUEID? Ah, and Shamal. Okay. Man, I couldn't even notice Shamal's voice. I'm getting rusty.
Last edited by Raikoh on Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
angelwingzero

Shinji103 wrote:The second PV is out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGLv6yM6O9U
They managed to sneak in some Kotono Mitsuishi voice acting by having her speak up in the Eva attack animations. -_^ (They've never had operators/commanders speak during other mech's attack animation before)
OE did that with some of their units. I recall the Patlabor units right off hand.
Raikoh

A few of the unit-specific systems have been expanded upon in the new Famitsu scans.
Spoiler
Aquarion EVOL

Element Change System

Aquarion EVOL has the ability to swap it’s sub pilots (the main pilot of Aquarion Gepard and Aquarion Sparda) out during battle. It seems that all the pilots will share XP, morale, SP and any seishin cast.

* article doesn’t mention but it's suggested Amata is the fixed pilot for EVOL

Element Ability

At 130 morale, each pilot gains a special passive ability:

Amata - Air/Sky becomes Rank A
Cayenne - 50% chance to avoid attack
Andy - Able to tunnel under the ground
Shrade - debuffs enemy unit after attack

Full Metal Panic!

Lambda Driver

Lambda Driver activates at 130 morale. When active, the Arbalest gains 1.2x damage multiplier, increased mobility, accuracy and armour. The Arbalest also gets a special barrier which blocks damage scaling on Sousuke’s morale. At 100 morale the barrier will block 500 damage for 10 EN. The barrier will block an additional 100 damage per 10 morale (1000 at 150 morale).

ECS

Equipped on the Arbalest and M9 Gernsback. It appears to be a MAP command which grants Fighting Spirit (100% Crit), Alert (100% Evasion for 1 attack) and Assault (non MAP weapons become P)

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn

NT-D System

NT-D System can be manually activated at 130 morale to transform Unicorn to Destroy mode. Once active, the Unicorn gets extra movement, mobility and accuracy for 5 turns. The unit will revert back to Unicorn mode when the time limit is reached.
Reactions:
Spoiler
Lambda Driver is exactly the same as it used to be, and ECS seems more exciting than it was in earlier games, though it might end up being slightly less useful than the old Double Image.

NT-D also makes sense. I was thinking it would be on a time limit. Though activating at 130 Will and staying up for five turns basically makes the time limit moot, since the map should probably be over by that point. I'm a bit surprised that it probably isn't going to be increasing Unicorn's damage.

I have mixed feelings about Evol's Element System. While some of those abilities look really great, making Evol even more broken than normal Aquarion (which also would be reinforced if all the pilots end up sharing levels and PP), others look kind of worthless (Amata's? Sometimes a Flight Unit is just too inconvenient, I guess? And Andy's? Does anyone ever use the "Dig" command?)

Also, the pilots at that point in the game (probably fairly early, but I'm still a bit worried) are as follows:
Gepard: Cayenne, Andy, Malloy, Mikono
Spada: Zessica, Shrade, Mix, Sazanka

Man, I just want Yunoha and Jin. Also, while I'm not expecting it, I am crossing my fingers for the ability to not have Amata hog the cockpit. Otherwise I'll probably end up sticking with Gepard/Spada through my playthroughs.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Raikoh

Apologies for double posting (and in a single day, no less), but there's also finally what I've been waiting for - the second PV with the in-game BGM.

While it seems the audio is mostly the same as Z2, there are some slight changes one can notice (if you played the crap out of Z2 like I have).

Finally, a "Fighting M9" in SRW that sounds good! And EVOL's theme seems awesome as I was expecting, as does Gunbuster's.

Am I the only guy who's sick of "UNICORN" being used in every game?
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Vent Noir

Weird random thought: Is there any way Gundam Build Fighters could be incorporated into an SRW game?
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
AmuroNT1

I actually really hope Build Fighters never gets brought into SRW, for the very same reason the idea of the cast ending up in a "real" Gundam universe is a terrible idea. It's supposed to be a cute, light-hearted show about kids building model kits and having fun; bringing them into SRW means they'll end up fighting and killing other people, which pretty well destroys the light-hearted premise of the show.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Shinji103

Yeah, Build Fighters would never fit in anything that can fit a real Gundam setting.

At most, maybe Build Fighters would have worked in that old SRW Gakuen game.
angelwingzero

Shinji103 wrote:Yeah, Build Fighters would never fit in anything that can fit a real Gundam setting.

At most, maybe Build Fighters would have worked in that old SRW Gakuen game.
Although they fit in perfectly with candyland situations, like Maxi Boost.
YokozunaBulldozer

I will upgrade the living daylights out of Bonta if I ever get my hands on this.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Vent Noir

Got an email from Play-Asia saying my copy has shipped.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Shinji103

Mine should be shipping out today, but I think I'm going to hold off on starting it for a while. I've got a backlog of games including the new Tales of Symphonia chronicles, and this way the FAQ-makers get a head stat on figuring out the secrets and unlockables before I start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 9SDl1rXkiM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPAgGeR ... r_embedded

YES, they're using the second Code Geass R2 OP theme, it was much better than the first R2 OP theme. :)

What the...........what's Firebug doing back?

.............Mazinger Z's still pose in his combat animation looks kinda dumb.......

So no more Vestige for the GSD theme now.

So Alto is using the Durandal in the OP movie, but he's back to the Messiah in the game? *pfffft*