Ep. 063: The Manhattan Projects & Game Club Pt 1

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Ep. 063: The Manhattan Projects & Game Club Pt 1

Chaos Theater Ep. 063 - "The Manhattan Projects & Game Club Pt 1"
- Download Now: 64 kbps - 158 mins, 13 sec. (2:38:13) 72.43 MB

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "What We've Been Up To"
Runtime: 0:00:01 - 0:44:49

02. Discussion: "The Manhattan Projects"
Runtime: 0:45:32 - 1:01:17

03. Discussion: "Game Club: The Walking Dead Ep 1"
Runtime: 1:01:48 - 1:35:56

04. Outro: "Audible recommendations", "Chaos Theater Mailbag" and "Internet whoring"
Runtime: 1:36:37 - 2:37:17

Chaos Theater kicks off year four with our first episode of 2014. After a long catch up on what we've been doing, we discuss Jonathan Hickman and Nick Pitarra's comic series The Manhattan Projects. We then begin our second Game Club with a discussion of The Walking Dead episode 1, "A New Day." We discuss our thoughts on the game and read some of the user submitted comments. As usual, we close off with Audible recommendations and a catch up session on the Mailbag. Next time, we're going to the virtual 1980s to discuss Ready Player One and continue the Game Club.

Music Featured in this Episode:
"Boing Zoom DAKOTA!" from Rock Candy 1 by Shadow
"Anxious Heart" from Final Fantasy VII by Nobuo Uematsu
"On the Edge of Despair" from Final Fantasy VII by Nobuo Uematsu
"If You Open Your Heart" from Final Fantasy VII by Nobuo Uematsu

Sponsors & Special Offers:
Audible

Google Voice: 305-792-8324
Email: [email protected]

Websites:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Chaos Theater -Chaos Theater Mecha Talk Forum - Gundamn! @ Mecha Talk Forum - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - Chaos Theater @ Twitter - Gundamn! @ Twitter - Main RSS Feed -
Chaos Theater YouTube - iTunes
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
yazi88

Re: Ep. 063: The Manhattan Projects & Game Club Pt 1

Chris, was your mike acting up or was skype screwing with you again? Your voice sounded funky at times.
Chris
Administrator

That would be Skype. We haven't switched to Hangouts yet, but will soon.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mu La Flaga

Just adding a reply good episode.
Shame I can't contribute on the main topic.
However in regards to the mailbag questions, yeah you did accidentally go back over them a second time(my follow up mailbag entry should've indicated that)
Oh well :P
My point in regards to the older Time Crisis games, eh, true the move didn't do well, but it seemed to work.
And the only releases the older games got was on PS2 and you can't use light gun accessories nowadays.

On top of that well arcades are dying out, so haven't got many options left to play them how they are meant to be played.
zero_the_masked_knight

Great episode. I'm so gonna give the walking dead a shot once I have the time and have finished the other steam games on my queue.

It's been a while, but the solution to my Zombie mansion scenario was something like this: There's a loose carpet, right? You can trip the zombie up by pulling the carpet, and when he's on the ground, stomp on his head, eliminating the risk of mutation. This isn't going to alert the other zombies. That way, you can kneel on the floor and aim for the doorknob in such a way that when you shoot it, the bullet's going to penetrate the knob and hit any potential zombie in the head. The other zombies will rush you, but at least you can run out the door.

Looking forward to the next one!
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
"Love" is looking into a person's eyes and seeing a soul.
Blackbeltsam

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Awesome.

And I really need to put in my thoughts on The Walking Dead for the next game club. I mean, hell, I bought it on Vita just so I could play it again for the game club.

Oh, and I do not boost things. That would be wrong.
Twitter.com/Blackbelt_sam
YokozunaBulldozer

Having read Ready Player One a while back when Chris first introduced it my anticipation for the next episode has gone over 9000.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER