The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
BrentD15

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk III

pk-man wrote:so this episode pretty much confirms....
Spoiler
a RG Build strike will be released soon, right?

and obviousy Star Buird Strike has to win the match with.....

a strikeout...
ZOINK you pk-man, I was about to post that! :twisted:

Spoiler
Star Bird Strike.
'nuff said. 8)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Wingnut

Yeah, Ral's rear end itching is something that westerners are probably never going to get. The events that prompted said itch however were quite nice to see.
Spoiler
China messing with Sei on if she will show up to cheer him on or not, and Aila and Reiji among the flowers. No food this time though, but she did smile when she was walking away.
It also seems that her suit takes a bit of a toll on her as she couldn't wait to get out of it after the match. The helmet serves its purpose again by allowing her to see Reiji but not for him to see her back. And of course, being the doof he is he never got her name to put two and two together.

As for the matches, some were quite entertaining. Germany has it rough here as his WaDom's fingers are too big to use the Noir's pistol which allows Felini to have his way with him, and Mao's paint sprayer does an effective job of blinding the Zeus Gundam so he can take its weapon and invoke Article 1 of the Gundam Fight regulations by smashing his head in. Not-Yuuki proves the old adage about it being the skill of the pilot rather then the weapon yet again, though against a Zaku Flipper it wasn't that much of a fight to begin with IMO. I really don't see what the Real Grade system did for the Build Strike though. Did I just miss something there that one who actually builds gunpla would know?

Next week: Wacky Races? Advantage Italy I guess with his bike.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
BrentD15

Wingnut wrote:Next week: Wacky Races? Advantage Italy I guess with his bike.
I'm hoping for Mario Kart Gunpla-style. :mrgreen:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Xenosynth

Spoiler
Well, it's not the Real Grade system. I just made that comparison because of the frame being shown. It's called the Radial General Purpose System. My guess? It simply concentrates particles into a part of the body to shield it, make it stronger, more responsive, etc.
As for Real Grade Star Build Strike or Normal Build Strike? I don't think so. We already know the next RG is going to be Exia, and that line is very rarely touched like once or twice a year, and while it'd be nice to see it there, I don't think the show is popular enough to warrant it getting a real grade model already.
HellCat

It's a show that is aimed at promoting Gunpla. Given the most advanced current form of 1/144 is an RG, I took it as a joke and advertising for that line "Oh, yeah, HGs are great...but if you wanna take your Gunpla adventure to the next level, build an RG!"

For what it's worth, RG Build Striker has the ability to mount to the RG Strikes. So if anything I think they're encouraging viewers to custom build an RG Build Strike, which some have already done.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
monster

latenlazy wrote:A top contender in Gunplay...or the best
Spoiler
batter in baseball history
...hmmm....
You're choosing with your mind. He's choosing with his heart. :D
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

This episode's clearly promoting all those optional weapon sets Bandai has dreamt up. Who would've thought those oversized hedge trimmers could do anything besides separate Gunpla parts. And what is the story 'behind' Ral's little problem?
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Arbiter GUNDAM

I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
latenlazy

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:AILA-CHAN!!!
Speaking of Aila, anyone else getting would-be death flags/tragic girlfriend trope feels from that scene where she complains about the helmet? Hopefully they're just throwing up a red herring...
Amion

They better not give her the axe. I doubt it since this is a lighthearted show, but who knows? This is a Gundam show regardless. Oh Aila! She is now rising quick as a favorite character. If only I could get more of her Quebeley....whatever it's called. That thing is beautiful and deadly of a gunpla.

I am loving the scenes with the PPSE chairman and his assistant. Hopefully this won't get dull too fast.

Regardless this episode felt like a filler to me. But as far as fillers go it was very good.

I'm not getting the scenes with Ral that much. Is he trying to break up moments he considers awkward or something? Everyone sure seems to have concern. Maybe it is yet another consequence of Haman absent in his life. I just know we're going to get some cameo or joke about her later, we have to, he's been used too much as is.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Khandri

Am I the only one seeing the scenes with Ral as almost a way of subtly flipping the bird at all those people who keep drawing all the show's female characters with ridiculously oversized and round butts pointed at the viewer (and that I have to keep blocking on Tumblr)? Or is my cynical feminist side getting in the way of a joke/Japanese cultural reference that wasn't translated very well?
That wacky Gundam X fangirl (yes, girl) the fandom warned you about...
Strike Zero

I'd say 'yes' to both notions.

That said, I don't really get it either. Then again, all the young'ns in the show itself seemed to be just as lost as we are, so it might actually be an outdated idiom/thing even on the Japanese side.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
HellCat

An interesting theory I've seen is that the secretary is a homage to Hamon and later something will link her with Ral as lover. Maybe the Chairman's end game throws her under the bus and Ral saves her?

As for Ral's butt thing- I assumed it was some Japanese thing, like the often used joke where an absent character is mocked and we cut to them sneezing since that's Japan's version of 'my ears are burning'.
I doubt the BF staff mind too much of the racey BF fan art. Kuroda is on staff and he's admitted to filling shows he works on with women built around his tastes (the JNN news reader in 00 was admitted to be catered for him for one)
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Evex

I think its more of a refrence to when a body part acts up to a certain, set of circumstance. For example my back hurts when its about to rain, or my knee hurts when its about to get cold out. In this case Ral's butt itches most likely to the Naivety sei and reji are showing towards their opposites. His butt starting to itch when sei though China would have other places to go, instead of watching his gunpla battles. It starts again when reiji doesn't know Aila's name and sei thinks reiji's holding out.
Mythgarr

It's just old guy acting awkward, nothing serious about it.
and HG Build Strike Gundam does have some kind of inner frames in the legs and the arms, though not as complete as RG, and not as strong.
I am just thinking that: German guy does love build big things, I wonder if he built a Destroy Gundam?
Visit The Dreams
Destiny_Gundam

Ral's actions are basically his way of saying "Get a room!" Seeing couples being all lovey dovey can be uncomfortable to onlookers, especially in Japan where such things are done in private, and Ral's 'itchiness' is his way of expressing it. Which naturally flies over the heads of the youngsters.

Speaking of adults, Ms Secretary is way hotter than Rinko. Does she have a name yet?

As for Aila's condition, this is the first match where she actually had to exert herself. I'm sure that's related.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
bullethead

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Speaking of adults, Ms Secretary is way hotter than Rinko. Does she have a name yet?
Her name is Baker.
Outlaw

I think this was a good episode to come back from a long break on. Lighthearted plot, no new characters thrown in, and minimal plot dump; the whole thing just had the right "feel" if you know what I mean. The baseball showdown was a good way of highlighting Reiji's injury as, let's face it, manipulating those virtual arm rakers doesn't normally require extreme wrist movement. On that note I just realized the controls for GP battle are the oft-maligned arm rakers from CCA!
Destiny_Gundam wrote:Speaking of adults, Ms Secretary is way hotter than Rinko. Does she have a name yet?
I also believe I've seen her called Baker/Backer/Barker or some variation of that somewhere, but I don't recall seeing it mentioned in the show so I have no clue where it's coming from.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Destiny_Gundam

From here, I guess.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Mythgarr

Should we read that as Becca? I think we should...
Visit The Dreams