The Hopers & Dreamers Corner with SBR

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
eanetdude

Re: The Hopers & Dreamers Corner with SBR

My HOPE and DREAM is that Legendary and Warner Bros produce a live-action adaptation of "The Big O". Jon Hamm as Roger Smith, Sir Patrick Stewart as Norman the butler, Dakota Fanning as Dorothy, Tom Sizemore as Major Dastun, and Naomi Watts as Angel. Fly Toshihiko Sahashi out to Los Angeles or London to update the soundtrack. Hire Michael Bay as a Pyro Effects Coordinator.
Last edited by eanetdude on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
daigundam lagaan

Dollow wrote:^
I agree with this, but only because I love Haruhi Suzumiya. However if a new show has not been announced yet, then it will mostly never happened, as it seems Kyoto Animation has moved on to other things, and the Japanese market can be A.D.D. about these shows. Whatever the standard for Japanese idols, I am sure they are not going to just forgive Aya Hirano overnight, her career is more or less done.

Sorry this dream is never going to happened, no matter how much hope you want it.

It's not like I'm ever expecting anything dude lol. THat's why it's a "hope and dream"
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.
shelcod

So after listening to your review of Fang of the Sun Dougram in episode 125 I decided to watch it and I really enjoyed it despite a few slow parts. Anyways my hope and/or dream is for more stories set in the Fang of the Sun universe. I think an OVA focusing on what the other members of Fang of the Sun did after the end of the first series would be neat, or even a show set in the future where Deloyer and Earth fight for control of one of the uncivilized planets.
zero_the_masked_knight

Daisuki is really awesome. Really. Back in the day, I would watch Zeta Gundam via hong kong fansubs of varying quality. Now, I can watch it whenever I want, whtout fear of the DVDs crashing. The lack of the original opening and ending themes is a price worth paying. I say this without any sarcasm or flattery, because I really don't know how to flatter: thanks for promoting and introducing Daisuki.

That said, my hope and dream is this - that two series that I would really like to watch again - GITSSAC (both) and Cowboy Bebop - will someday be hosted by them. I know that both are probably available via legal streaming in the US, but until I move back, I won't be able to avail of such methods :(. I understand that there might be some difficulty in having these shows available on Daisuki on account of the licenses being held by others, but since Daisuki works directly with the Japanese studios, perhaps an arrangement can be made? One can hope, right?

I've been checking their various polls to see if the series I have mentioned are there, but they're not :(. If they do become listed, I'll vote right away.
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
"Love" is looking into a person's eyes and seeing a soul.
thehod

Just want the following:
I know most of this stuff will get torn down but these are my hopes and dreams.

A new Babylon 5 tv series.

Starwars battlefront 3

Super Hyper Capcom vs SNK extreme full boost HD Remastered directors cut

Online subscription to HBO without having to buy cable or satellite tv.

Forgive my two work related hopes and dreams.

Reform of the copyright laws to make it more friendly for public domain.

An inter-library loan system that can deliver books within the week.
Last edited by thehod on Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeether

I hope that with Viz dipping into their back catalog for their digital manga app (Please Save My Earth being one example), they can put Patlabor's manga on there in its entirety since they cut it off at around 12 or so volumes. I'm already interested in purchasing Jojo's on there and I would totally buy Patlabor too.
zero_the_masked_knight

1) Somehow, somehow SOMEHOW, Scott Snyder will be involved in either the Batman/Superman Movie, or the next Arkham Game. If they're going to keep on milking Batman, they might as well use one of the his best writers. By extension, I hope and dream that if they somehow get him involved, his writing for either the Movie or the Game is as good as his writing in the comics.

2) An Alien (Singular, not plural as in Aliens) video game in the style of Resident Evil.
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
"Love" is looking into a person's eyes and seeing a soul.
faizdanyal

Now that Sword Art Online will be having an Extra Edition on New Year's Eve,I'm really hoping that Season 2 of Sword Art Online would be announced at the end of the Special.Also,since Accel World and Sword Art Online are in the same universe apparently,I would also wish a dream crossover between SAO and Accel World, which could be announced at the end of the special,maybe?I would love to see Black Lotus,Silver Crow and other Accel World characters meet with Kirito,Asuna and other SAO characters in a huge epic extravaganza.

Oh...Maybe give Accel World some love with the 2nd Season! <3
YokozunaBulldozer

Kawamori starts a automobile company a.k.a Valkyrie Motors.
The limited edition models will be in the color schemes of Kawamori's past works from Macross to Aquarion.
As business thrives Kawamori will then find a f-1 team and finally rollout the penultimate racing machine: Super Asurada 01 a.k.a the TV version complete with default Circuit mode, Aero mode, and the forgotten Rally mode.
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
YokozunaBulldozer

We finally get the Kenny Powers movie directed by Lord Michael Bay where Kenny Powers is reborn as a transformer complete with K-Swiss Tubes. Tis a shame this idea only ended as a mere joke for a pair of shoes.
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mu La Flaga

I have a hope and dream.
Namco-Bandai how about giving the Gundam vs series a chance outside of Japan again?
Especially with the online pass system for Full Boost.
It would be nice for them to try, Project X Zone made it out somehow.
And getting a little tired of DW Gundam entries all the time.

So there is my hope and dream support it or crush it Chris the choice is yours :P
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
pqcomics

When it comes to hoping and dreaming we should always shoot for the stars. And my hope and dream is to Create the ULTIMATE Gundam Movie. But just one but a trilogy! It would be an adaption of the Gundam Compilation movies. The dream continues though. I dream of a semi mechanical 1:1 "puppet" mobile suits and most importantly that we would film in space! And with this High goal I'd hope on opening the flood gates on live action film adaptions! Gyro stabilized cockpits, Actual Transforming Mobile Suits, Zero G sets, and of course Newtype space magic. And Jayden Smith will play Amuro.
Last edited by pqcomics on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLoop
YokozunaBulldozer

Looney Tunes gets the Chogokin Treatment it deserves a.k.a. DaiWarner.
Disney got their turn, now it's time for the sacred beasts of the Water Tower to get its piece.
Bugs, Daffy, Porky, Sylvester, Taz, and Tweety combines complete with Hyper Yosemite Buster Cannon and Hyper Elmer Rifle.

And this time........... bought with EVERYONE'S HARD EARNED MONEY. *grins
AJQ32

My hope and dream is that some day they will make a gundam series that is a musical. Where the protagonist and his nemesis sing as they battle and mobile suits dance as they fight.

It would be so epic. :P
YokozunaBulldozer

Mighty Orbots is rebooted.
Why?
Because the song is catchy. Nuff said.
daigundam lagaan

Macross II dub re-done by Tommy Wiseau, while keeping Dennis' original dub VA

Also, I would like the girl band, 9nine(Star Driver 1st ED and 2nd OP, Magi ED 2), to sing the theme song of Mighty No.9. That would be nice and at least it's kinda possible.
Last edited by daigundam lagaan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.
The Fowl Sorcerous

my Hope and Dream is that Chris will have a youtube show where he reads fanboy comments in silly voices.
[[lorem ipsum]]
YokozunaBulldozer

I Travel back in time and convince the Build Fighter staff to add Chris, Neo, and Soul Bro as cameos that fight Gary Stu Nielsen in a Gunpla battle with voice acting done by the three voice actors who acted as Kaine, Tapp, and Light from Dragonar. The outcome? NO ONE KNOWS.... Anyone willing to fund and build me a time machine for this brave endeavor?
pqcomics

My dream is for Macross to become more popular. I want more model kits and anime. I want every valkyrie to be represented in model kit form. which is an easier task than every mobile suit. Its surprisingly hasn't happened and dammit there is a fleet of valkyrie shaped hole in my model kit collection. Besides who wants to pay upwards of $200 for a representation of their favorite valkyrie. Also Robotech fades from existance because #F***Robotech .
Last edited by pqcomics on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BLoop
Blackbeltsam

My dream is for some company to get off their asses and start making some Pacific Rim model kits.
Twitter.com/Blackbelt_sam