The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
monster

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

Wingnut wrote:
Dark Duel wrote:Even more awesome was to see the Dijeh ROFLstomp the Freedom.
Next time on "A Typical Episode of Gundam Seed Destiny":

AMURO: Shinn, watch and learn. This is how you easily defeat the Freedom.

SHINN (shocked): Wow! That looked so easy, and you only used a Dijeh!

((And, I can't come up with the level of material needed to complete the scene right now.))
Kira: Of course it looks easy, he's playing against a 10-year-old who just got his first gunpla. Shame on you Amuro.

Amuro (Bows head down in shame)
Kuruni

And Kira said that while use SF to massacre group of poorly-built Balls, with sound of kindergarten kids crying in the background.

SHINN: And what are you doing?

KIRA: Don't you see Cagalli crying overthere?.

:mrgreen:
My girlfriend was a loli.
monster

Kuruni wrote:And Kira said that while use SF to massacre group of poorly-built Balls, with sound of kindergarten kids crying in the background.

SHINN: And what are you doing?

KIRA: Don't you see Cagalli crying overthere?.

:mrgreen:
Char: Good for you, Kira, protect your sister. In fact, if there's a female among those kindergarteners, let me at her. (Talking about gunpla battle, of course.)

:twisted:

Anyway, back to Build Fighters. Part of me wish that Reiji will just be a normal kid, but the other part of me thinks it would be lame for Mr. Ral to call Reiji a newtype and then for the show to not do anything with it.
kayone73

G-Slayer wrote:
I just finished watching the first ep. Ok am I the only one who got the 'Tyler Durden/Fight club' vibe by the end of the episode? Anyone who has seen that movie will know exactly what I mean
I don't think so. Remember that Rinko (Sei's mom), Ral, Sazaki and even that baker also see Reiji. And I reiterate that he steals Sei's dinner. And I doubt that the show's producers would risk freaking out its audience to go all Hallelujah on Sei.
Yeah that is true, other people did see him. *sigh* I hope he's not some extradimensional magical being. maybe just a weird, delusional boy a la 'Fisher King' would add depth to the story if he had some dramatic backstory to explain why he seems so weird.
Outlaw

Wow totally forgot this came out already, very fun episode and a good start for the series.

I strongly sympathize with Sei and from what the first episode showed I'd be willing to bet that his lack of ability has as much, or more, to do with his mindset as it does a simple lack of physical coordination.

Also hardily agree that something has to be going on with Reiji. I was thinking alien at first but now I'm leaning more towards some sort of enhanced human raised in a lab.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
InjuredPelican

Dark Duel wrote: Even more awesome was to see the Dijeh ROFLstomp the Freedom.
I was so surprised by this! I saw Freedom, and I literally rolled my eyes cause I thought for sure it would just kill everything. But instead, SLICE! I guess even Amuro still trumps the Freedom :) Of course that Red Wing Gundam really had it going on though.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
HellCat

Something I have to wonder if it's a hint- Sei wonders why his dad founded a model shop where he did and the outside shots suggest it's right in the middle of the suburbs. Given my first crack theory is always 'time travel', is it at all possible his dad built the shop there knowing doing so was destined to allow Sei and Reiji to meet?

I could be completely wrong but it seems such an odd thing to highlight at this stage and reminds me of how 00 had Ribbons have mysterious but throw away cameos early on.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Mark-II

I watched the first episode and quite liked it.

Functionally it combines the kid-battle style anime that is popular with the younger target audience nowadays (Pokemon, Beyblade, ad infinitum) with a lot of classic Gundam elements, while heaping TONS of in-jokes and references to past animes of the franchise to please even the most die-hard Gundam fanboy. "Mr. Ral" really had me laughing, and moreso when I realize what he was carrying..!

Just the amount of nerdy dissection of the episode here is proof that the Gundam community is having a grande ole time with the show after ONE episode - quite a change from the beginning of AGE, which had us cautiously going "it's okay, let's see where this goes" overall. This time most of us are already eagerly anticipating next week's episode, either for the budding story or for whatever franchise reference will be coming next.

I think we have a winner, folks!

Mark-II
MarshalBraginsky

Hopefully with the Gunpla model kits coming out, I'd like to see Wing Zero Gunpla coming out in the future, even if it's not for the show.
kayone73

HellCat wrote:Something I have to wonder if it's a hint- Sei wonders why his dad founded a model shop where he did and the outside shots suggest it's right in the middle of the suburbs. Given my first crack theory is always 'time travel', is it at all possible his dad built the shop there knowing doing so was destined to allow Sei and Reiji to meet?
God I really hope the direction of the story doesn't go too fantasy-ical like that. Please keep it semi-grounded in the 'real world'. So far I like how many elements of the first ep were on the nose and a shout out to fans and gundam geeks and very self-referential. I also like how they mess with and play with expectations. Let's hope this show continues to be this smartly written throughout its run.
ZeonsSilverStar

Well with the first episode down I can say with certainty that I'm going to enjoy this show, which is surprising since I was apathetic towards Gunpla Builders. Not much else to comment that hasn't already been mentioned but I am curious about Reiji's apparent newtype abilities.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
HellCat

If fan art is a basis, Sei's mother is certainly not popular.

Also, the sky is pink with green polkadots.
kayone73

HellCat wrote:If fan art is a basis, Sei's mother is certainly not popular.
Eh whatever, she's MILF-tastic
ZeonsSilverStar

I've always judged a characters popularity by the number of doujins they were in. A weird standard but it has never failed me.

Moving on this episode has me want to go and mod some of my kits.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Dark Duel

kayone73 wrote:
Eh whatever, she's MILF-tastic
Seconded. Also, she gets bonus awesome points for being voiced by Kotono Mitsuishi(a.k.a. Misato Katsuragi and Toniya Malme. Oh yeah, and Captain Bouncy from Seed/Destiny).

You know, looking at it now, of the main characters there's actually a lot of seiyuu I don't know. Though the one I do know that I'm really looking forward to seeing/hearing work again is Yuichi Nakamura (aka Graham Aker, Alto Saotome)
Rewatched this episode again today. Still loving it. Still can't decide which is my favorite scene in the episode though, but I'm leaning on Reiji in the Build Strike going all Bruce Lee on that arsehole's Gyan before he took him down with the beam saber. The Dijeh ROFLstomping the Freedom is possibly a close second.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kuruni

Also, the sky is pink with green polkadots.
Dude, when it's Gundam fan art, go to Pixiv instead of Devianart :mrgreen: . Register and enable R18 images, if you really want to know how popular a character really is :roll: .
Strike Zero

kayone73 wrote:Eh whatever, she's MILF-tastic
Kuruni wrote:Dude, when it's Gundam fan art, go to Pixiv instead of Devianart ... if you really want to know how popular a character really is :roll: .
I think he was trying to make a joke, guys. :P Granted, it wasn't a very good one, but still.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Xenosynth

Yeah, pretty sure he was just being sarcastic.

Unless the sky for you guys is indeed pink with green polka dots. If it is, I wanna know where the hell you guys are living O_o.

Any word on the number of episodes? According to some people the blu-ray box set is coming at the end of March, though I don't have a source on that. If so, that leaves room for like... what, 24 episodes, and that's if they show a new one during the last week of March?
HellCat

Strike Zero wrote:
kayone73 wrote:Eh whatever, she's MILF-tastic
Kuruni wrote:Dude, when it's Gundam fan art, go to Pixiv instead of Devianart ... if you really want to know how popular a character really is :roll: .
I think he was trying to make a joke, guys. :P Granted, it wasn't a very good one, but still.
I want to know who lives under a polkadot sky now...
Kuruni

*SIGH* Stop talking about it. I really miss the pink sky with green polkadots. Now it's ugly-unnatural gray with black mass of tentacles and single eye... :evil:

Ok, sorry for didn't get the joke. :mrgreen: