The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Strike Zero

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

At this point, we might as well consider Engrish to be a running anime gag. :lol:

Anyway, man, this is the first time any Gundam series has made me so giddy with glee. All dem references and shout outs and background cameos (I never, in a million years would have imagined the Gundam Aesculapius would appear in an official anime!), not to mention all that sick, sweet action. I can only see this ending very well.

...Yeah, famous last words, right? Still, one can only hope that Sunrise has learned from the tragedy of Gundam AGE and Risen From the Ashes anew to redeem itself!
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
SpideyWing

Well, I really enjoyed that episode. It hit a lot of the notes that I like in a show; likeable characters, good action, a basic setup of the world they're inhabiting, and a bit of comedy tossed in for good measure. I hope they can keep this mix through the later episodes, (while obviously telling their own story) though. I think that when the Tournament Arc comes in, that's probably when we'll see an increase in both the personal stakes and character drama. Hopefully, it won't be that much of an increase in drama, but enough to get us to watch for the final few episodes and push the last few kits.
Signature to be determined later...look! A Puppy!
HellCat

My favourite Engrish was in announcing the field for that last fight, turning Desert into Dessert. Tasty!
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Strike Zero

Oh my God. I didn't even notice the kit the first time.

This show is going to be the greatest thing of all time.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Wingnut wrote:
Amion wrote:Anyone else fall in love with that awesome red and white Wing?
I painted my SDGO Wing Gundam in those colors shortly after it showed up in the previews, so yes.

Also major engrish in the opening scene. "Alvion", "Launch", and so on. I guess we can blame it on the dream, but I thought Japan was better then this nowadays.
Dude, they couldn't even spell Sharon Apple's name right in the first Macross Frontier movie despite having a mountain of promotional materiel from the 90s.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Once again I've come late to the party, but for the most part this show's off to a good start. I almost cracked a gut over how it pimps Wing Gundam. And never in a Gundam show has the music got me so pumped for the action. I think we can all agree that the "Mr. Ral" cameo was awesome so I'll say no more about that. BTW, did anyone else catch that 8th MS Team reference?

Great first episode. I really like Sei's mom, she's definitely not a completely useless accessory like they were in AGE. I hope we get some more development for her. And Mr. Ral, like how he's a retired soldier or something. :P
Well, she hasn't really done much of anything this around, except feeding Sei's veggie stir-fry to Reiji. Speaking of whom, I don't buy this 'Djinn' concept being added to a Gundam show, and I wouldn't call Reiji a Newtype, either. But I'd like to know the story behind those tiny gems he passes around.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Destiny_Gundam

Man, this episode had all of the fanboy! I'm sure even the most serious of Gundam fans cracked a smile at least once.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
NastyNate

I see this new first episode just came out. Are these going to come out once a week?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
kayone73

I just finished watching the first ep. Ok am I the only one who got the 'Tyler Durden/Fight club' vibe by the end of the episode? Anyone who has seen that movie will know exactly what I mean
Strike105 wrote:Calling it now
Spoiler
Reiji's a Djinn or some other supernatural being. The fact that, as old as he appears to be, he is completely ignorant towards things most people take for granted, in addition to carrying seemingly real magical gems, and doing the generic sudden appearing/disappearing act when he should in plain view could lead a lot of people to suspect that something supernatural is involved. Considering the fact that GBF is supposed to be more kid-friendly than most Gundam shows tend to be, and that it so far mainly follows the tropes of many other "duelling toys/trading cards/etc" shows like Yu-Gi-Oh and Megaman: NT Warrior, such things could be possible.
Also, considering the shows GBF is apparently trying to emulate, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they use Gunpla Battles to try to catch a robber, stop a time bomb, prevent their friends from some sort of deadly trap, or some other huge problem that would normally require literally anything other than Gunpla Battles to solve. It'd probably still provide a good laugh though. Most likely though, I'm just making a number of predictions after the first episode, well before we fully understand everything that is to be understood about this timeline, but still, I would not be at all surprised if such things prove true.
I was initially thinking 'supernatural being' angle but I really hope not as that would take away from the mostly 'real world' setting of the show. I actually kind of hope my theory above is more true.

And even tho Chris was joking when he says 'Gundam Best Friends' but honestly, that's not too far off the mark from the tone of this show, it does really seem to be about a lonely boy who needs a good friend.
Deacon Blues

This show was so cheesy.

I laughed at all of the "homage" lines and I really hope they'll be sprinkled throughout from now on. The animation looks amazing and it really makes you itch for remakes of past shows. That Albion @_@ Or, as the show called it "Alvion" :(

Love the music too. Definitely has a great beat at points and I can't wait for the soundtrack!
Destiny_Gundam

NastyNate wrote:I see this new first episode just came out. Are these going to come out once a week?
That's how TV shows usually work.
kayone73 wrote:Ok am I the only one who got the 'Tyler Durden/Fight club' vibe by the end of the episode?
No, that's one of the more popular theories on 4chan.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

I just finished watching the first ep. Ok am I the only one who got the 'Tyler Durden/Fight club' vibe by the end of the episode? Anyone who has seen that movie will know exactly what I mean
I don't think so. Remember that Rinko (Sei's mom), Ral, Sazaki and even that baker also see Reiji. And I reiterate that he steals Sei's dinner. And I doubt that the show's producers would risk freaking out its audience to go all Hallelujah on Sei.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
InjuredPelican

Quite different then from what I expected, since I expected Gunpla Builders 2 more or less. But this looks to be much more interesting. The fanservice in this show is strong! And next episode looks like SUMO will be in it! My fave series getting the representation it deserves? Its wonderful :)
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Amion

Strike Zero wrote:Oh my God. I didn't even notice the kit the first time.

This show just got ten times more awesome.

Maybe the magic gems are really microphones? I'm grasping at straws here but still it would be nice to believe Reiji is normal. Anyone catch that reference he makes in the beginning, where he compares buildings to something or someplace? I believe it started with an A.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Wingnut

Reiji wrote:How many times bigger then Arian could it be?
And given that the gem was glowing orange from its natural blue, a microphone/mood stone deal doesn't seem that far fetched. Odd, but not terribly unusual.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Blackbeltsam

....First episode: Amazing. And I even got a friend who doesn't care much for Gundam to watch it, and he enjoys it.
Twitter.com/Blackbelt_sam
Dark Duel

Strike Zero wrote:Oh my God. I didn't even notice the kit the first time.

OHMYFREAKINGGODTHATISTOTALLYHILARIOUS!!!!

Now, onto my feelings of the episode.

Wow. He's on the screen five seconds and already I frigid' hate that Sazaki guy.
Sei's mom is friggin' hot, and I really hope that we'll be seeing her around more; as it is, she's shaping up to be at least a far more interesting, if not necessarily more useful character than the assorted "I'm here so that he has a kid" female characters in AGE.

Sei…I see ohm going all fanboy over Wing Gundam, and I have to admit I would react the same way.
…But MAAAN, Sei is really PATHETIC at Gunpla battles. For Wing Gundam to lose to a friggin' GYAN? That's just sad. Although to be honest, that "yo-yo" thing it did with the shield is new AFAIK.
I do agree with Sei though - I don't like this guy's style. If it were me, I wouldn't let that punk come anywhere near my Gunpla at all (especially not my prized possession, my Destiny Gundam Alternate Custom…though that puppy's in 1/100-scale, so not something that it looks like this system would support).

Love that Titans Colors ReGZ, though TBH the ReGZ itself is not one of my favorite machines(I love the base unit as a standalone MS, but I've never been a big fan of the "separate support system" gimmick of the BWS). Though seeing it and an Asshimar(which I hate) get LOLstomped by the good ole' RX-78-2? AWESOME.
Even more awesome was to see the Dijeh ROFLstomp the Freedom.

I like Reiji and all, but…WHERE THE HECK IS THIS GUY FROM?!!! I'm curious.
But seeing him make a fool out of Sazaki was immensely gratifying, as well as cementing the Build Strike as my personal favorite variant of the Strike thus far, at least as base forms go.
Here's hoping we get an MG of it.

Overall, I loved this episode, and cannot wait for the next one!
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Arbiter GUNDAM

I'll write up a review on it later but for now: Pretty good! PRETTY GUNDAMN GOOD, LADS!!
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
bullethead

Dark Duel wrote:
Wow. He's on the screen five seconds and already I frigid' hate that Sazaki guy.
I like /m/'s interpretation of him - he's trying to get into Sei's pants and the Gunpla team thing is a way get close to Sei. I'll laugh if they actually go that route and I'll salute Kuroda if they pull off a reverse trap with Sazaki.
Wingnut

Dark Duel wrote:Even more awesome was to see the Dijeh ROFLstomp the Freedom.
Next time on "A Typical Episode of Gundam Seed Destiny":

AMURO: Shinn, watch and learn. This is how you easily defeat the Freedom.

SHINN (shocked): Wow! That looked so easy, and you only used a Dijeh!

((And, I can't come up with the level of material needed to complete the scene right now.))
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.