The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
monster

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

Evex wrote:I would imagine Bandai plans to do what they are doing now with the Gundam Seed Destiny HD remastered episodes. This being posting the episodes up on youtube through there gundam info page with the proper regional subtitles.
Or they could do it like AGE, being a new series and all that, which means my country will be left out, but I hope not.
HellCat

Per official info at this stage I'm at least 98% sure this is going to be AGE all over again, with the vast majority of fans locked out. I was assuming Daisuki would be an option because part of that site is selling official merchandise and I'm sure they'd love folks to watch the show and then go buy a Build Strike straight after. We'll just have to wait and see. Again, not like Sunrise making bold statments about 'global releases' and such for Gundam hasn't been hot air before.

Does anyone know of any legal issues that could just be outright stopping them making uploads global? I know it's obviously product to them and they want it to make money in other territories but as the rights holder I see little reason they can't just pop the episodes on YouTube for everyone with optional subtitle tracks.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
bullethead

HellCat wrote:Per official info at this stage I'm at least 98% sure this is going to be AGE all over again, with the vast majority of fans locked out. I was assuming Daisuki would be an option because part of that site is selling official merchandise and I'm sure they'd love folks to watch the show and then go buy a Build Strike straight after. We'll just have to wait and see. Again, not like Sunrise making bold statments about 'global releases' and such for Gundam hasn't been hot air before.

Does anyone know of any legal issues that could just be outright stopping them making uploads global? I know it's obviously product to them and they want it to make money in other territories but as the rights holder I see little reason they can't just pop the episodes on YouTube for everyone with optional subtitle tracks.
The only legal problems I can think of are
-A lack of international music rights (what killed Jojo's Bizarre Adventure's chances for a stream)
-Some sort of complicated rights issue involving all the designs that are going to be used

I've also heard/read on ANN that keeping subbed streams out of the US is a way to make a show more appealing for a broadcaster to license, which makes zero sense to me, because there are plenty of anime that have been streamed that do well on TV (practically all of Toonami's current lineup, for example). Besides, having the dub premiere on CN would fill the need for exclusive content if that's what CN is worried about, plus Barnes and Noble is selling Gunpla in stores, so they could easily fill the merch pushing mandate if CN demands it.
HellCat

balofo wrote:EP1 SPOILERS

http://pastebin.com/9sDQaw3U
Anyone educated wish to help us uncultured plebeians? :)
Silver_August

HellCat wrote:

Chrome + Translate, I'd paste it here but its like 250+ lines lone lol
HellCat

Silver_August wrote:
HellCat wrote:

Chrome + Translate, I'd paste it here but its like 250+ lines lone lol
I don't really trust machine translate for stuff like this. It's extra work for which I'm very grateful but human translation always wins out.
Silver_August

Ah nuts to it, lol like with Pokemon X/Y I'll just wait it out and wait for its debut
bullethead

Holy cow, Sunrise decides to be competent:
Sunrise confirmed with ANN that the Gundam.info website will stream the latest Gundam television anime series, Gundam Build Fighters, in the United States and Canada as it airs in Japan. The weekly streaming will start this Monday, October 7, and the website will offer a detailed schedule soon.
HellCat

But what for those of us who live in UK/Europe? Plus everywhere else for that matter? I'm hoping this means it'll be available to whoever can also see their SEED and 00 streams.
Silver_August

Hurray! Though this means I'll probably be commenting a week behind everyone else, lol unless I cheat of course...hehe
Khandri

Well, how about that? Maybe they finally realised that the debacle with AGE and locking us out was a bad idea. Or something. I can't make any sense of what Sunrise wants to do about us non-Japanese/non-Asian folks anymore. Still, I'll be more than glad to be able to support it legally.

Though while it doesn't directly affect me, I do agree that they should extend that to the UK/EU too, just to give all English-speaking fans a chance to support the show through legal means. 'Cause I'm pretty sure my fiancé, who's still in the UK, is considering following it as well.
That wacky Gundam X fangirl (yes, girl) the fandom warned you about...
Chris
Administrator

And this is why we don't rush to assume things before we get confirmation on them.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
HellCat

Chris wrote:And this is why we don't rush to assume things before we get confirmation on them.
Can I continue to assume? I have at least another 12 hours of blind panic to enjoy before we know if Europeans get a look in.
Chris
Administrator

HellCat wrote:
Chris wrote:And this is why we don't rush to assume things before we get confirmation on them.
Can I continue to assume? I have at least another 12 hours of blind panic to enjoy before we know if Europeans get a look in.
Nobody cares about Europeans when it comes to anime. You don't exist. :P
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
HellCat

Chris wrote:
HellCat wrote:
Nobody cares about Europeans when it comes to anime. You don't exist. :P
Ironic given one of the main cast is Italian :shock:
LightningCount

HellCat, I really hope Europe gets a look. I'm pulling for you!!!

I am rather surprised by this announcement, honestly. I was actually somewhat intrigued by the prospect of AGE in its early episodes by what I heard and saw in stills, and would have liked this option back then. Build Fighters I'm less interested in on the whole, but I will check out a few episodes probably since they went to the trouble to offer these streams.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Amion

It's too good to be true. Watch us get locked out. That means the West too. As for Europe, I'm pulling for you Hellcat, after all I think a lot of us know how it feels to be left out of the loop for no real apparent reason. :P

On that note, it seems that at least with the Destiny Remaster, the guys at Bandai are having issues with proper English grammar from what I've heard. Didn't it get mentioned they had a banner in Engurish trying to tell people to watch it?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
monster

Mythgarr wrote:So...it's coming today?
8 more hours.