The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
InjuredPelican

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

That Wing Fenice is looking superb. Really great load out. if only Heero had that equipment in original Wing series maybe the poor Gundam wouldn't have ended up being the most abused title Gundam ever.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Dark Duel

I...kinda doubt that. Poor Wing Gundam's problem isn't so much its own loadout in the series (Well, other than the three-shot limit to the Buster Rifle), it's the pilot.
But yes, Wing Fenice is looking VEERY sharp.
And Beargguy III looks silly to me. Though, take off that big huge ribbon on its back, and it looks like it could be lying around on a couch, swearing like a drunken sailor and chugging beer with Mark Wahlberg.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Mythgarr

No one's talking about the possible participant called SENGOKU ASTRAY :D
This is why I love Astray Gundams: they can be molded from normal to crazy and still looks cool :D
Visit The Dreams
Arbiter GUNDAM

I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Wingnut

If by being both crazy and awesome at the same time, then I do agree with you. Because an armed unicycle for a mobile suit is pretty crazyawesome.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
yazi88

But didn't it already happen with ZZ and the mega rider?
balofo

Confirmed to be 25 episodes only...
Admiral Larsen

balofo wrote:Confirmed to be 25 episodes only...
Is there a link to confirm this?
monster

balofo wrote:Confirmed to be 25 episodes only...
Oh my. If true, maybe they will have another season.
Silver_August

I believe the people behind this worked on 00 didn't they? If so that could explain that

OR alternatively... 25 episode seasons worked for 00, while AGE stuck to (almost) 50 and failed, going back to what works?

Either way IF that's true, it's not so bad, if it sucks, it ends our pain sooner. If it's good we can appreciate what we got.
Chris
Administrator

Silver_August wrote:OR alternatively... 25 episode seasons worked for 00, while AGE stuck to (almost) 50 and failed, going back to what works?
AGE's failures have nothing to do with how long it ran. The writing would've been just as lacking if it had been split into two seasons like 00.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Kuruni

Shit, I suddenly have a déjà-vu.

So by the end of BF 25th episode, we will crown it as the greatest Gundam series and praise it as being almost perfect piece of art.

Since it's well-recieved, Sunrise will launch Season 2 late of the next year. And then, half of us think the S2 ruin everything, even being worse than AGE - while the other half think that it's still a solid title despite being a different kind of work.
My girlfriend was a loli.
InjuredPelican

Well, it could mean superior animation and such if there are only 25 episodes. Might be worth less content. You know, quality over quantity. A good short Gundam series might be in order after such a long time of only full length entries.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Mythgarr

Or probably Sunrise simply doesn't have enough reasons to go more than 25 episodes on this premise. AGE could go on to 50 (from the planned 78 :O ?) because it has three generations of pilots to be told.

Also hopefully they need to conserve strengths and gauge whether the premise is supported by fan base or not. If yes, it could lead to be the Gundam series that goes on forever, 25 episodes aired each season, showing endless possibility of Mobile Suit model hacks and customizations :D
Visit The Dreams
Silver_August

Chris wrote:
Silver_August wrote:OR alternatively... 25 episode seasons worked for 00, while AGE stuck to (almost) 50 and failed, going back to what works?
AGE's failures have nothing to do with how long it ran. The writing would've been just as lacking if it had been split into two seasons like 00.
Oh believe me I know, it was just a jab at the history of them sticking with what works (or rather..sells) and almost ignoring what fails.

Then again, that's a very logical business practice, haha.

But yeah I'd prefer a 25 Ep season just because it keeps the quality up an we don't get a case of mid-season burn out like oh so many animes of the past.
Chris
Administrator

Silver_August wrote:But yeah I'd prefer a 25 Ep season just because it keeps the quality up an we don't get a case of mid-season burn out like oh so many animes of the past.
I haven't seen this "mid-season burn out" that so many people have been talking about ever since 00 got split up like it's some assumed or known thing. Just because a show runs 50 episode doesn't mean it's going to lose steam in the middle. There are plenty of 26 and 13 episode shows that go bad before they finish.
HellCat

One does have to wonder if it could be a half year run to give a break before starting The Origin the following autumn.

But yeah, I'd like to see a source before taking this as fact.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Chris
Administrator

HellCat wrote:One does have to wonder if it could be a half year run to give a break before starting The Origin the following autumn.

But yeah, I'd like to see a source before taking this as fact.
That's assuming Origin is a TV series, which Sunrise hasn't announced yet.
monster

Wasn't 00 only split because another popular show had already reserved the timeslot that the second half of 00 would've used?

Anyway, assuming it's true, if this is not a hint toward Build Fighters being a multi-season show, then maybe the story they're planning simply doesn't take 50 episodes to tell. That's a perfectly fine reason.
Arbiter GUNDAM

monster wrote:Wasn't 00 only split because another popular show had already reserved the timeslot that the second half of 00 would've used?

Anyway, assuming it's true, if this is not a hint toward Build Fighters being a multi-season show, then maybe the story they're planning simply doesn't take 50 episodes to tell. That's a perfectly fine reason.
Wasn't that Code Geass R2?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion