Sword Art Online

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Sword Art Online

Soma Taozi wrote:I am not saying I disliked Suguha, but I can see why a lot of people don't. The simplest answer is that japan is simply a different culture... and being in love with your cousin doesn't really fly over here in the west. Thus, Suguha is unfortunately very hard to relate to for most viewers.
Actually cousin marriage is legal in a bunch of States (not to mention all of Canada).

At any rate, it doesn't have to be a cousin specifically, but I'm sure most people can relate to falling in love with some one you're not supposed to. Maybe your best friend's girl/boyfriend or something. You know you shouldn't feel that way and nothing will come of it. You want to support that person in their current relationship, but part of you still hates it. These conflicting emotions can be pretty painful.

Trying to move on only to find out that person you turned to is the same person you were trying to get over is probably not so relatable.

Still, I maintain that the stuff with Suguha made part 2 worth watching. Without her it'd just be Kirito faffing about, trying to save his girl. That alone barely has any substance.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
NastyNate

Those that have cable. How was the English Dub of SAO? I don't have cable. Is there any legal outlits to watch this via stream? If not then I'll just stay excited for the home video release.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
iCards

NastyNate wrote:Those that have cable. How was the English Dub of SAO? I don't have cable. Is there any legal outlits to watch this via stream? If not then I'll just stay excited for the home video release.
It wasn't too bad, Bryce Papenbrook, I think I spelled that right, was channeling his 'Asbel' voice for Kirito I had to turn the volume up to sixty so I could hear it. The audio will probably be more balanced in the home video release.

I really liked Klein and Kayaba's English voices. Kayaba got Tokiomi's(Fate/Zero) English voice. I can't remember Klein's actor, but I have heard him before.After some research Klein's voice actor is Kirk Thorton who voiced Anaval Gato from Gundam 0083 as well as Hajime Saito from Rurouni Kenshin.
Destiny_Gundam

Well, no season 2 yet, but we're getting a special edition.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Well, no season 2 yet, but we're getting a special edition.
So they're going to compress the whole 25 episode series into one special edition feature?

I hope nobody is expecting this to be a good, coherent story. ^^b

As for the part about new footage, I hope part of this is redoing the bed scene from the end of episode 10 to be like the novel version. There wasn't any actual sex or anything, which is exactly why the half-baked way they did the scene in the anime was so stupid. It's not like an anime has never inferred sexual intercourse before.

And they definitely did not pussyfoot (who uses that word anymore ^^b) the sex scene in the PSP game.
Destiny_Gundam

The anime goes from Asuna being in her underwear to being completely naked in bed, so it's hardly vauge about it. The Sword Art Offline specials even mention the Ethics Code Off option.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Shinji103 wrote: And they definitely did not pussyfoot (who uses that word anymore ^^b) the sex scene in the PSP game.
If it's the one I think you're referring too, then that game cracks me up.
Spoiler
Ok, check this out. So, not only do you spend a lot of time in the game trying to get married to Asuna... again... even though you were already married to her? (Did that info get corrupted along with the other stuff?) Anyway, you (meaning Kirito) have time to also go on steamy (literally) dates with Lisbeth, rescue a half-naked Silica from a hentai monster, get up close and personal with Sinon's derriere and get facefuls and handfuls of Lyfa and Strea's cleavage, Strea being a new character who might just have a bigger bust than Lyfa. :D Wacky, ain't it?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Shinji103

Destiny_Gundam wrote:The anime goes from Asuna being in her underwear to being completely naked in bed, so it's hardly vauge about it. The Sword Art Offline specials even mention the Ethics Code Off option.
It's not a question of vagueness, it's a question of half-@$$ing an attempt to avoid making it blatantly obvious. In the novels, Kirito and Asuna were both naked in bed together and he was playfully running his finger up her back.
In the anime, he was just sitting on her bed. And the anime never once mentioned the Ethics Code Off option. And no, the Offline specials are just that, specials, they were never in the actual anime. To say that it counts because it was mentioned in an out-of-series special is like saying Fukuda didn't go cheap fan-panderer by cheaply retconning Mwu's death at the end of GSEED.

Like I said, half-@$$ed. And for what? As you said it was clear what happened. ( though this edit to the scene is being used by the hardcore deniers to say the sex never happened, which is annoying on its own)
Zeonista

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Well, no season 2 yet, but we're getting a special edition.
Sounds like a clip show with added clips, which has been a growing trend over the past several years. Not sure what could be added in the SAO story, since the anime more or less hit all the important parts. For the second story, there was a lot of the trip to the central tree that got cut from the animated version. It would be nice to see some of that in the future.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Destiny_Gundam

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:If it's the one I think you're referring too, then that game cracks me up.
Spoiler
Ok, check this out. So, not only do you spend a lot of time in the game trying to get married to Asuna... again... even though you were already married to her? (Did that info get corrupted along with the other stuff?) Anyway, you (meaning Kirito) have time to also go on steamy (literally) dates with Lisbeth, rescue a half-naked Silica from a hentai monster, get up close and personal with Sinon's derriere and get facefuls and handfuls of Lyfa and Strea's cleavage, Strea being a new character who might just have a bigger bust than Lyfa. :D Wacky, ain't it?
SAO only has the one game so far.

But yeah, the game is part dating sim so of course you have the chance to hook up with whichever girl you want to. Which is okay with me because the other girls are better than Asuna anyways. And damn, didn't know Rika was so well off in the bust department.
Shinji103 wrote:And no, the Offline specials are just that, specials, they were never in the actual anime.
Except the specials are specifically made to compliment the TV series. Hell, even the novels, as it revealed information that wasn't even in the books (like where 'col' came from). The information within is certainly applicable to the show proper.

At any rate, it doesn't really matter if they did it or not. If you need to see it that badly, there are plenty of doujinshi that portray it. Chapter 16.5 is hilarious, though.
Arbiter GUNDAM

--Freyja Wion
Shinji103

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Except the specials are specifically made to compliment the TV series. Hell, even the novels, as it revealed information that wasn't even in the books (like where 'col' came from). The information within is certainly applicable to the show proper.
But any information in the specials is only know-able to the viewers if they watch those specials. It's dumb to say info is in the base material (in the context of this discussion, the TV series) when that info isn't in the base material.
At any rate, it doesn't really matter if they did it or not. If you need to see it that badly, there are plenty of doujinshi that portray it. Chapter 16.5 is hilarious, though.
Um, it's not about seeing it. It's about how stupid it was how they "censored" it for the anime.
Arbiter GUNDAM

MOAR SAO coming at New Year's!!

Asuna and the other girls at the pool! Kirito doing... something!

--Freyja Wion
soulfire916

Saw this when it first aired in japan, and I'm watching it on toonami now. Apparently last week during the regular SAO program block they had a spoof show called king star king, (one of those high on redbull kind of shows.) Did anyone actually watch that?
It's a spartaaan!

Xbox LIVE: HG Soul Fire
PSN ID: SoulFire916
Steam ID: id/SoulFire916/
NNID (WiiU): SoulFire916
Zeonista

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:MOAR SAO coming at New Year's!!

Asuna and the other girls at the pool! Kirito doing... something!
S'cool, will be light fun for SAO fans, with a little relationshop drama added to keep it from being completely cotton candy. :)

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Destiny_Gundam

Lookie what I got. :)

So I finally watched some of the dub the other day when my brother had it on. It all sounded good to me, especially that scene in episode 22. You know the one.

I also read Calibur, which was pretty good. I really wish there were more stories just about the gang going questing together. By the sounds of it, the New Years special should deliver in that regard too. I'm looking forward to it.
Zeonista

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Lookie what I got. :)

So I finally watched some of the dub the other day when my brother had it on. It all sounded good to me, especially that scene in episode 22. You know the one.

I also read Calibur, which was pretty good. I really wish there were more stories just about the gang going questing together. By the sounds of it, the New Years special should deliver in that regard too. I'm looking forward to it.
I am not sure what to make of the two-hour special, but there might be something in it beyond a summary. I'm glad the dub for the show sounds good & does not cause dislike.

Destiny_Gundam

Well, here's the ad for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozAEBY7y7nI

Dem swimsuits :D
Zeonista

Alfheim Swimsuit Online! :lol: Hmm, looks like part flashback, part current fun, part "Kiriasu feels". Yeah, I could watch it.

Destiny_Gundam: I completely forgot to express my admiration & covertous envy for your new acquisition. It's very nice! :mrgreen:

iCards

Sword Art Online 2 is coming in 2014

Gun Gale Online, Link Start!