EX Troopers demo coming soon.

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
NastyNate

EX Troopers demo coming soon.

The EX Troopers very heavy anime and mech game is going to have a demo coming to the japanese psn next week. It will have a single player and online co op mission. Lets see how this goes. If anyone wants to co op you can send me a friend request. You have to have a headset though.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
VR7

Welcome to NEVEC High

If anyone wants to know what this game looks like, I recorded some videos:

Trial Mission 1 (multiplayer)
Trial Mission 1 (solo)
Trial Mission 2 (multiplayer)

It's an anime-themed spinoff of Lost Planet that presumably takes place in the same universe, because there are Snow Pirates, Akrid, and you basically go to a high school run by NEVEC.
-noel
NastyNate

Re: EX Troopers demo coming soon.

Cool vids. I'm pretty excited about this game. The demo was really fun. I might wait until early 2013 to import. With so many other games coming out in the upcoming months. Even though they said no US release I am hoping they still will because of positive sales. I think we should know by Jan/Feb.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

VR7

Based on Capcom's current attitude towards the Western market with treatment of titles like Resident Evil 6 and the upcoming Lost Planet 3, it's highly unlikely (if at all) that EX Troopers will ever be localized by them. EX Troopers was designed with a Japanese audience in mind, and Capcom is more interested in milking Western-style AAA titles here.

That's not to say that localization is impossible, though. The possibility that a third party company like Atlus, NIS America or XSEED could take up publishing rights hasn't been ruled out. No guarantee it'll happen, but the aforementioned companies are known for bringing obscure Japanese games that mainstream Western audiences would never touch, even from big developers like Namco Bandai and Capcom. (see sky crawlers)
-noel
NastyNate

Oh yeah sadly I doubt it will come to the west. Early next year I'll probably be importing.

NastyNate

Some good mech on mech action coming to this game.
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/09/it ... -troopers/

raijinz

I know for sure I would rather get EX Troopers than the "Westernised" LP3 we're getting from Sparks.

Lost Planet 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, and pretty much everything I've seen in the trailers for LP3 (although interesting) is far too different for me to want to put money down day 1.

I wish Capcom all the success in the world, but my shameless bias towards Japanese made games is ultimately incompatible with their current trend of outsourcing to western devs.
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
NastyNate

Does anyone still play this game?

tHeWasTeDYouTh

heard this game bombed
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Wellman

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote:heard this game bombed
In Japan, the Lost Planet series isn't that popular and even attempts to "Anime" it up did resonate with audiences on either the PS3 or 3DS.

Personally, I suspect Capcom might have botched themselves in marketing the game because it seemed to have so many elements in its favor, from colorful characters to Monster Hunter style gameplay elements and barely sold 100,000 on both systems combined. To add insult to injury, the North American and European audiences that have supported Lost Planet and probably would have loved E.X. Troopers are denied export due to the way they encoded the text making it a hassle and they don't want to bother doing it.

Which is the norm for Capcom since all of their recent Monster Hunter games have only arrived in Western territories due to Nintendo fronting some of the bill to bring them over.
VR7

Didn't do so well? That's too bad, considering it was apparently rather well received.

I've been thinking of picking this up myself for the PS3. Haven't had a lot of faith in supporting Capcom recently, though.
-noel
NastyNate

I ordered my copy of Ex Troopers for 35 on amazon. Does anyone have the game that would want to co op later?

hotlimit

NastyNate wrote:I ordered my copy of Ex Troopers for 35 on amazon. Does anyone have the game that would want to co op later?
I bought a copy on a recent trip to Japan. I'd say play through single player yourself and get the system down, and then see if you want to do co-op. Honestly I was pretty satisfied with the main campaign and went onto other games after I finished it. I'll probably go back to it in the future, it's pretty fun, though there isn't a huge variety in enemy types.
NastyNate

Thanks for the advice! :D