Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Heecarl_Reez

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Dark Duel wrote:The sad part is, that still looks better than either the so-called "Perfect Strike" or this crappy Phoenix thing they came up with for the Strike Rouge.
Yeah, I'm warming up to the design no little thanks to the new head design, and the base design color application is rather nice too (The wing is terrible though). Still it has too much Strike+ Akatsuki + Freedom vibe in its design to make me love it (Also blame the boxart!). At least the kit itself looks nice, and seems to have a new mold rather than reusing HG Strike, or even Strike Noir mold.
Derringer

Actually the build strike is a completely new mold. The only thing it might share are some parts from the oowashi akatsuki pack.
Xenosynth

Also hoping we'll get kits of the other MS in the preview. Gaz-L/R, SUMO, etc. Any word on the other originals getting models or just the modified Strike, Zaku, and X?
balofo

Xenosynth wrote:Also hoping we'll get kits of the other MS in the preview. Gaz-L/R, SUMO, etc. Any word on the other originals getting models or just the modified Strike, Zaku, and X?
If things like Sumo and Gaz-L happen, we're gonna wait some YEARS. The list of mech designers has 5 big names, so expect more original modified suits.
Mythgarr

Everyone remembers that new G-Gundam designs Okawara touted few months ago? Could they appear here and gunpla-sized? it'd be cool if they do!
Visit The Dreams
Arsarcana

If we don't get more Wing TV designs in MG, I'll be perfectly happy to have HGAC Leo or Sandrock or Altron or... Heck, just the Leo will make my day, more than news of a new set of HG lines already has. Especially V and (hopefully) Turn A.
Random_GM_Pilot

Grunts are a LOT more likely in 1/144 than in MG. Just look at Gundam Seed or Gundam 00 for proof of that. And MG is *just now* getting a CCA grunt whereas the entire CCA lineup has been completed in HGUC since 2009. I'm not exactly betting on HGAC Leos or Tauruses unless the HG Wing does really well, but I would *love* to get my hands on them, that's for sure. Hell, as much as Wing as a show seems worse than it did when I first saw it, Wing is still a decent design and this HG does more justice to it than anything put out in the 90s did, and it's less skinny than the MG. There's undoubtedly some nostalgia in there, too.
SHIHO: This is Codename “Background”. Codenames “Lenny” and “Carl” are suitably distracted. Begin the operation.
Mythgarr

Well, I this is is why Bandai is re-issuing old kits from G, G-Unit, and X lines...but not all of them, unfortunately.
Visit The Dreams
Arsarcana

Random_GM_Pilot wrote:I'm not exactly betting on HGAC Leos or Tauruses unless the HG Wing does really well, but I would *love* to get my hands on them, that's for sure.
I think a Leo is reasonably likely, if only because it has so much potential for multiple kits to milk us of our money (much like the RoboDamashii): Ground Type with basic weapons, Ground Type with flight pack, Ground Type with cannons, Space Type with basic weapons, Space Type with extra weapons... I'd rather see one or two kits with all those parts included buy I have no trouble seeing them make us buy four or five to have everything and I'd buy them too. I have a strange fondness for that suit, even if it is made of gasoline-soaked cardboard.
Hell, as much as Wing as a show seems worse than it did when I first saw it, Wing is still a decent design and this HG does more justice to it than anything put out in the 90s did, and it's less skinny than the MG. There's undoubtedly some nostalgia in there, too.
Oh yeah, don't underestimate nostalgia. I agree that Wing isn't as awesome now as it was when I was twelve (though it still beats certain other shows) but it's still got some good designs and hopefully some great HG potential in the future.
Mythgarr

I myself would love it if Airmaster/Burst, Leopard/Destroy, and Vertigo are made into 1/144 HG :D
I'll cry if they're made into MG. Come on Bandai, they are not that hard to make into MG!
Visit The Dreams
Xenosynth

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/07/m ... ample.html

Small amount of the 3.0 build. And further proof it's not the same as an upscaled RG which people still perpetuate falsely. Frustrating whiners everywhere about that.
Mythgarr

No news on MG AGE-3 Normal and AGE-FX shown earlier this year (or late last year?)
Will they be held back for November - December release?
Visit The Dreams
Proteus

Mythgarr wrote:No news on MG AGE-3 Normal and AGE-FX shown earlier this year (or late last year?)
Will they be held back for November - December release?
Dont be surprise if it was caned. We've seen this b4; prototypes debut in some hobby show with no solid release date and no subsequent follow up news ends up being just that. Heck even The-O was stuck in development hell for years b4 it was finally release. Many ultimately did not, the rest of the G gundam suits, GN-X IV, and Gafran just to name a few that share such fate.

Seeing as how unpopular Age was and the upcoming new series, new 3.0 remakes possibilities, more unicorn milking opportunity, new RGs, etc, Bandai have many other options to focus on and they may wan to move away from the stain of Age as soon as possible.

At any rate if it ever get release then December is highly unlikely as it has always been the month of big/pricey kits.
Mythgarr

I don't believe AGE-3 Normal and AGE-FX MGs will be canceled. They are popular enough with modelerers. I know I like AGE-3 Normal.
Visit The Dreams
pk-man
Location: receiving faxes in the washroom, on Deck 9 aboard White Base

lol the RX-78 3.0 does reuse a couple of plates from 2.0. They consist of the beam rifle, bazooka, and the white part of the shield. Guess I shouldn't be surprised...
Xenosynth

Honestly I don't think there's a lot you can do anymore with the RX-78-2, besides change the body. Besides, the accessories themselves are already near perfect. Really, there's not a lot more you can do with the beam rifle and bazooka, besides maybe adding some kind of LED gimmick for the rifle. Also, it looks a lot more stable than the RG which is based on the G30th as well, and the proportions look a lot better than either the RG or the HGUC G30th.
Raiden

MG Sazabi Ver Ka. as expected to be released in December
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tgxTdBx62xM/U ... 2677_n.jpg
Dark Duel

// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
RLZIII

Also confirmed (without surprise) is RG Strike Freedom for November. While neither the Strike Freedom or Sazabi are unexpected, they should both be solid kits. Curious to see what Katoki will do to the Sazabi...