The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Third Generation

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Gelgoog Jager

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Third Generation

Can anyone identify the green Vagan MS below the Glud and to the left of the Wiegel in this image?

http://imageshack.us/a/img826/4141/img2 ... 317462.jpg
balofo

Gelgoog Jager wrote:Can anyone identify the green Vagan MS below the Glud and to the left of the Wiegel in this image?

http://imageshack.us/a/img826/4141/img2 ... 317462.jpg
Nameless Dorado variant that uses electrical whips, only exist as this single picture
Gelgoog Jager

balofo wrote:Nameless Dorado variant that uses electrical whips, only exist as this single picture
Thanks for the info! I hope this doesn't turn out to be its first and last mention.
balofo

Gelgoog Jager wrote:
balofo wrote:Nameless Dorado variant that uses electrical whips, only exist as this single picture
Thanks for the info! I hope this doesn't turn out to be its first and last mention.
better pic and description

http://www.gundams.de/age/mecha/images/ ... -vagan.jpg

Development chart reveals interesting things:
-A new MS developed from the Xamdrag: Perfect Defurse
-An official Genoace Cannon variant
-Clanche Custom and Clanche are developed from different lines(Double Bullet for Custom and Normal for Clanche)
-AGE 1 Swordia already on the chart
-Khronos is from Zedas, Zeydra from Zedas R
-Zeydalus comes from Dorado AND Zeydra
-Baqto, Dorado, Gomel and Reganner all have small variations(kanji before and after name)
-Another new MS: variation from Danazine, not Gurruzine? Looks exactly the same katakana for Danazine to me....
Arsarcana

Kind of on topic, does anyone else look at the colors, proportions and some of the stylings of the Glud and immediately think of the original E.S. Simeon from Xenosaga?
balofo

Compilation book with a new design! Betting on a Gundam game wear
内容紹介
MSV機体を公式設定画+作例で完全掲載!!
本編登場機体を新作カットをプラスして完全網羅!!
ホビージャパンだからこそ可能とする模型オリジナル作例を多数掲載!!

ホビージャパンの誇る最強ガンダム作例集「ガンダムウェポンズ」シリーズに「機動戦士ガンダムAGE UNKNOWN SOLDIERS編」が登場決定!!
公式外伝『UNKNOWN SOLDIERS』に登場するモビルスーツバリエーション(MSV)を、ガンダムAGEプラスチックキットシリーズをベースにプロモデラーが製作。公式スタッフによる物語をCGにより美麗に再現します。
加えて、MGガンダムAGE-2 ダブルバレットをはじめとする『機動戦士ガンダムAGE』のアセム編(第2部)に登場したMSの中盤から三世代編最後までの主要機体を網羅して掲載。
本書でしかみることができない新作も含めて完全掲載する、ガンプラファン必携の一冊です!!
toysdream

Just picked up the Gundam Age Mechanic & World book, and there are a couple of interesting tidbits I've already noticed...

* As perhaps some people already know, the Vagan Gear is actually a very old machine from the pre-AG era, from which most of the Vagan mobile suit technology is derived. The Mechanic & World book speculates that this may be why it occurred to Sid to bond with it - because its specifications were already recorded in the EXA-DB, and Sid thus "knew" they were technologically compatible.

* The Xamdrag and Defurse are basically the top and bottom halves of the same giant mobile suit design, and indeed they share the same central body. The "Perfect Defurse" mentioned in the development chart would presumably be a simple splice of the two machines, which should be easy to mock up with Photoshop. :-)

-- Mark
Newtype87

toysdream wrote:* The Xamdrag and Defurse are basically the top and bottom halves of the same giant mobile suit design, and indeed they share the same central body. The "Perfect Defurse" mentioned in the development chart would presumably be a simple splice of the two machines, which should be easy to mock up with Photoshop. :-)

-- Mark
Does anyone else feel like nickname the resulting Zeong-esque monstrosity "Vagang?"
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
Amion

Newtype87 wrote:
toysdream wrote:* The Xamdrag and Defurse are basically the top and bottom halves of the same giant mobile suit design, and indeed they share the same central body. The "Perfect Defurse" mentioned in the development chart would presumably be a simple splice of the two machines, which should be easy to mock up with Photoshop. :-)

-- Mark
Does anyone else feel like nickname the resulting Zeong-esque monstrosity "Vagang?"
Hmm, I wish someone would actually do a mockup of this, because that thing would be the second coming of the Big Zam. (I'm not sure about the Zeong--would it really look like that? I mean, look at the Defurse: It has legs, Newtype. And the Zeong, it doesn't have legs. Or am I missing something pertinent again O_0)
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Newtype87

Amion wrote:
Newtype87 wrote:

-- Mark
Hmm, I wish someone would actually do a mockup of this, because that thing would be the second coming of the Big Zam. (I'm not sure about the Zeong--would it really look like that? I mean, look at the Defurse: It has legs, Newtype. And the Zeong, it doesn't have legs. Or am I missing something pertinent again O_0)
The Zeong we see in the show is incomplete. The final version would have been twice as tall, thanks to the inclusion of a set of thruster-laden legs. The war ended before it could be finished, and they basically bolted the foot thrusters into the hip section.
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/MSN-02_Perfect_Zeong
And yes, it is very silly.
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
Outlaw

Amion wrote:Hmm, I wish someone would actually do a mockup of this...
One Big Xam, order up.

Unless we were talking about the other way around you know, giving the Defurse gorilla toes.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
AGF-Antoine

I would assume it would have the tail of Defurse as well.

Especially considering how useless the melee tail would be on that height.

I sure hope official data will give us clarification on the matter soon.

AGF-Antoine
Gelgoog Jager

Newtype87 wrote:The Zeong we see in the show is incomplete. The final version would have been twice as tall, thanks to the inclusion of a set of thruster-laden legs. The war ended before it could be finished, and they basically bolted the foot thrusters into the hip section.
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/MSN-02_Perfect_Zeong
And yes, it is very silly.
I think that a true Perfect Zeong would have been a MSN-02R High Mobility Zeon with legs:

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/MSN-02R_Ze ... ility_Type

The idea that a variant of the incomplete Zeong was designed is actually silly, considering that the design was not meant to be leg-less, rather it turned out that way as a desperate last minute modification to have the unit available for combat.

Even after the war it would mean that if another Zeong unit survived, it would be in the same incomplete state as Char's unit, without the possibility of completing the unit according to the original blueprint. We can't even argue that Char's combat data could have inspired the unit as all sections of the Zeong were destroyed in the final battle at A Baoa Qu.

Anyway, a MSN-02R with legs could have been Zeon's ultimate MS, capable of combat both on space and Earth (maybe even capable of limited atmospheric flight).
Gelgoog Jager

Sorry for the double post, but Memory of Eden should be out by now.

If anyone has seen it, could they please list any new MS that appear on it (besides the already well known Red Legilis)?
balofo

Gelgoog Jager wrote:Sorry for the double post, but Memory of Eden should be out by now.

If anyone has seen it, could they please list any new MS that appear on it (besides the already well known Red Legilis)?
no raws yet, only recolors so far. I saw a Adele MKII Space equipped with the Adele Cannon Wear, but it doesn't count