XBOX ONE

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

XBOX ONE

I have been watching the new xbox coming out later this year, it looks like a VHS player from back in the day

Halo tv series

Remedy game

COD

kinect 2

what do you guys think?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... eveal-live

no backwards compatible with 360 games

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/43506 ... mpatibilty
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Outlaw

Re: XBOX ONE

Tentatively unimpressed. Don't like having a camera watching me and the fact that the microphone is technically always on. Biggest issue though is that the reliance on the cloud combined with the rumored internet requirements means that if MS goes belly-up there is a chance you won't be able to play your games anymore.

I'll wait for more info before passing any final judgement, but I'm leaning a little away from MS so far.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Strike Zero

No backwards compatibility.

Required online connectivity.

Canʻt play used games without paying a fee.

Yeah, no. The Xbox and me have always had a decent relationship, but this is where we part ways.

VIVA SONY. VIVA LA PLAYSTATION.
Last edited by Strike Zero on Wed May 22, 2013 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Xenosynth

Yeah no, not gonna ever get an Xbox again. My 360's only purpose was a Tales of Vesperia machine, but now I am really not even touching it. After that terrible reveal just... no. Sticking to Sony and Nintendo.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

I am not liking what I am seeing but I remember I got the original PS3 and I actually did not play a lot of PS2 games on it and the same thing went with the 360 so backwards compatibility does not matter since that makes the console more expensive

the always online and the kinect thing really kills it for me

also you cannot change the hard drive, you are stuck with 500gb
YOU'RE MESHI
AmuroNT1

Honestly, I'm just amused by the reports that all the 360s watching the presentation were responding to the presenter's vocal commands. Though it's been pointed out this could easily be abused (how long until some jerk shouts "XBOX, OFF!" in the middle of a game he's losing and gets everyone dinged for supposedly ragequitting?).
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Strike Zero

I spoke briefly to a Gamestop employee about the new console, mostly because I was curious as to what his thoughts on it were. What I found out was that they're apparently planning to price all the new games at $75.00.

This whole frickin' thing just keeps getting better and better.
Destiny_Gundam

I think I'll stick with PC gaming from now on.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Outlaw

Honestly, I think this push to turn consoles into super do-all media centers is just going to make them into crappy wannabe PCs, devoid of any of their redeeming qualities or advantages.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Toxicity

I try to be somewhat optimistic whenever new consoles are announced, since there's generally a good 'Mech game somewhere amongst the release titles, but if this is the direction console makers are going to be taking, then I too will be sticking with my computers as I've done for the past 3 years.
BrentD15

Strike Zero wrote:I spoke briefly to a Gamestop employee about the new console, mostly because I was curious as to what his thoughts on it were. What I found out was that they're apparently planning to price all the new games at $75.00.

This whole frickin' thing just keeps getting better and better.
Is that what Microsoft is doing, or what GameStop is doing?

And also, why are MS charging an extra fee to play used games on their console? Didn't they already make the money off of that "used" game?
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Strike Zero

BrentD15 wrote: Is that what Microsoft is doing, or what GameStop is doing?
Both, I imagine, assuming that the games will be available both as physical media and digital downloads over Xbbox Live.
BrentD15 wrote:And also, why are MS charging an extra fee to play used games on their console? Didn't they already make the money off of that "used" game?
Yes.
Destiny_Gundam

BrentD15 wrote:And also, why are MS charging an extra fee to play used games on their console? Didn't they already make the money off of that "used" game?
Their excuse is that since all games will copy from the disk to the hard drive (which is stupid because you'll run out of room eventually), if you pass around a single disk amongst friends then all of them will get a free copy of the game.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
BrentD15

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Their excuse is that since all games will copy from the disk to the hard drive (which is stupid because you'll run out of room eventually), if you pass around a single disk amongst friends then all of them will get a free copy of the game.
But even then, I doubt it happens so much to cause them to take such an inflammatory position.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Bryant Molirse

Gentlemen, yet again, predictions I made years ago are coming to pass. Welcome back to the dark ages of gaming, as the companies have finally figured out how to install a coin slot on your home consoles. :(
WARNING!!! I EDIT My posts in the image threads if there is NO NEW REPLIES!!
BrentD15

Bryant Molirse wrote:Gentlemen, yet again, predictions I made years ago are coming to pass. Welcome back to the dark ages of gaming, as the companies have finally figured out how to install a coin slot on your home consoles. :(
:shock: *dramatically*
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :cry: :evil:
tHeWasTeDYouTh

I love that some of the reporters tweeted that all the applause was coming from the Microsoft employees lol

there is this guy on youtube that I like to listen, he makes the funniest videos and he went on a rant on the Xbox One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKm94T0jfzQ

2:33 sports!

also remember that EA(evil fu%&) are doing away with their online pass, well it was for a reason since XBOX One has no used games. well played
YOU'RE MESHI
Bryant Molirse

Honestly, none of this is surprising. With the inclusion of Steam, and the online connection required to so many of the PC games, I'm kinda surprised it took till this upcoming generation for a similar situation to develop on the consoles. As someone with a poor internet connection, even if I swallowed hard, and bit the bullet, I would be wasting my money on these consoles, as you would probably be forced to purchase additional cards of some sort to play them offline only (a hypothesis based on their current trends in development and marketing). The other thing that gets over looked is if the online verification system goes down, as has happened to Steam before, and the system won't play without it, you will have a multi-hundred dollar brick.
WARNING!!! I EDIT My posts in the image threads if there is NO NEW REPLIES!!
BrentD15

Bryant Molirse wrote:Honestly, none of this is surprising. With the inclusion of Steam, and the online connection required to so many of the PC games, I'm kinda surprised it took till this upcoming generation for a similar situation to develop on the consoles. As someone with a poor internet connection, even if I swallowed hard, and bit the bullet, I would be wasting my money on these consoles, as you would probably be forced to purchase additional cards of some sort to play them offline only (a hypothesis based on their current trends in development and marketing). The other thing that gets over looked is if the online verification system goes down, as has happened to Steam before, and the system won't play without it, you will have a multi-hundred dollar brick.
Yep.
The whole "always online" thing when it comes to consoles is too ambitious to pursue.
And some of us actually want to play games when we have no internet connection without having to plug in an older console.
Xenosynth

TB does bring up some points on the Used Game debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G_f8YBy39M

While I like used games he's got some good points against them. And as someone who has done primarily PC gaming through Steam and GOG, I can understand his points since we haven't had used games in years >.>