The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Third Generation

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Arsarcana

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Third Generation

Even Alejandro Corner wouldn't touch that thing...
Kuruni

Unless people at Gundam Wiki pull stuff from intestine (whihc is sadly often), GGP is kind of Mars' orbital resource explorer. Now, that make some sense (think of space balloon)...but its silly look is still overwhelming.
My girlfriend was a loli.
E08

From Unknown Soldier chapter 7:

AGE-2 Double Blade’s wire scissors function like AGE-2DH’s anchor shot, the blades will grip the target while the carbon nanowire restrains it, restricting its movement. Asemu likes to call it using the Japanese term for scissors. The large thrusters in the shoulder binders can be used to help pull the enemy towards Double Blade.

The unknown Vagan MS in the story seems to be an early prototype of Danazine. It is described as a bipedal MS that has a long neck, a tail close to the ground and a forward leaning posture. It also has the characteristic crotch cannon but it is unknown if it has the beam shooter in its head. It seems that the early prototype does not have wings as Asemu notes that it looks like ancient reptiles (likely a reference to dinosaur). If it has wings, it would be more apt to call it dragon-like (or other such terms). Furthermore in the story, it is moving from the sea towards the land. It also may not have the ears, as I remember they have a function that is related to flight.

From Exa-Log chapter 7:

During the last stages of the war, there were a variety of modification plans (including Wears) for Gundam AGE-3. These plans were proposed by AGE System and based on combat data transmitted by AGE device, but most of them were not implemented due to numerous reasons. In recent years, the researchers of the Gundam Museum discovered shocking information about an AGE-3 modification plan from some unsorted historical data.

AGE-3 Laguna was created without AGE system’s involvement; it was developed based on the experience and creativity of the engineer(s) present then. The one who proposed this modification plan was the famous engineer, Wootbit. He worked alongside Rody Mardona for a long time and was one of the few who have an excellent grasp on the special characteristic of AGE-3. Although the Museum keeps a record of previous interview(s?) with him, there is no mention of this modification plan anywhere. However by checking the official data and personnel data of that time, there is no doubt that he was the one behind the plan. The only other person who could have so vigorously pursued a modification plan that could rival AGE System’s was Flit Asuno.

The most noticeable part of this plan is the Funnel Containers on the shoulders; they can function as laser cannons when docked but when utilised as remote weapons, there are multiple areas where their performances are similar to that of C-Funnels. Experts thus regard it as the pioneer of the C-Funnel concept that was later developed by AGE System. Brittanias Rifle was developed from the powerful but difficult to maintain SigMaxxis Rifle, and contains various components that improved the rate of operations. Similar concept was also present in AGE-FX’s rifle. It can thus be seen that Wootbit’s design is comparable to AGE System’s. As it was meant to be a space use Wear, the legs were replaced with large thrusters. This design inherits part of the developmental idea behind AGE-2 Artemis and matches the style of the Gunhale family who were in contact with the Gundam for a long period of time.

Wootbit was a great man who trained a lot of engineers but there was a period in his youth where he displayed strong antagonistic feelings towards the Asunos. It is generally considered that the modification plan did not include the feedback of the other engineers present then and was created to snub (? not sure if this is the correct word) Flit Asuno, who focuses only on AGE System.
E08

Dragging up the thread again for more updates from the sidestories.

First off, Glud. It is an anti-stronghold heavy MS and like Danazine and Reganner, is developed for use on earth. During the final battle, Vagan’s battle plan actually has 2 phases. The 1st phase involves securing a path to earth and the 2nd phase is another (final?) round of earth invasion. The original plan was to deploy Glud in the 2nd phase but as the plan never get out of phase 1, the landing forces were ordered to deploy near the end of the battle. Glud can be equipped with Khronos Gun or Zeydra/Jilsbain Gun. The latter is mentioned to have short range but high rate of fire. Glud’s missile launchers are loaded with special homing missiles. Unlike normal missiles, these missiles do not have a solid warhead but a beam bit warhead that is derived from x-rounder bit technology. The missiles’ homing capabilities still rely on traditional technologies.

Next, a bit about Vagan's ship. They have a hangar, 出撃用のハンガー, in which MS are suspended (read: hanging).

Lastly, some info about our favourite space lemon. The gold paint on its body is a layer of anti-beam coating and the unit that Godom used is still undergoing test run but is otherwise considered a complete unit. Furthermore, the arms are only one of the option parts developed for it. There are more details but will post them next time.
Strike Zero

Legendary Mobile Suit The Gundam

Now I've heard everything. :lol:
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Dark Duel

I guess that's the MS from that painting in Arc 1. Main body I can see how the AGE-1 was designed based on it - I am, by the way, loving that sword. Even more amusing, its head looks like the AGE-2's sporting a beard. Seeing some AGE-2 in the general shape of the torso, too...
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
yazi88

WHITE DEVIL WITH RED BEARD!!!
Arbiter GUNDAM

Looks like they mashed together the AGE-1 and the Dragonar and gave it an ugly beard-chin. Or chin-beard.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
iguanaman8989

Those elbows don't sit well with me...

I realize, that it being a robot, human proportions aren't necessary for it's function, but it always bugs me when they deviate.
nacho-wan

Gee isn't that a failed 0 Gundam design? Ebikawara has too much of a repetition going on through his Gundams
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
DoubleZero

I hope THE Gundam is super crazy strong, due to EXA-DB
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."
SonicSP

nacho-wan wrote:Gee isn't that a failed 0 Gundam design? Ebikawara has too much of a repetition going on through his Gundams
It doesn't look that similar to the 0 Gundam aside from the RX-78 similarities. I don't think Ebikawa even designed the 0 Gundam, it was designed by Okawara I believe. It's more similar to the AGE-1 less some Exia vibes. I do get a little bit of the 1 Gundam/Reborns feel though
Kuruni

DoubleZero wrote:I hope THE Gundam is super crazy strong, due to EXA-DB
From what I readed, EXA-DB doesn't give much info on the thing, not even a single weapon. They pretty much "fill the blank" using "new saviour" (AGE-1) and made the sword based on a painting without actual data.
My girlfriend was a loli.
SonicSP

^So.........they found no weapon data on it but they got the base data for the MS then?

I guess if it's just for celebration and symbolic reasons it would suffice. It would be sad if the chapter diet take opportunity to elaborate on the Gundam though.
Amion

O wouldn't say the beard is so bad. No, not at all :lol: Heh, the elbows are the worst part of this thing IMO. Seriously, they have no armor, unless there is some kind of I-Field that totally protects the "The" Gundam (seriously it needs another designation). In that case, it could concentrate totally on offensive capabilities with as little armor as possible to slow it down.

and it has more range of motion with its elbows, bending them both ways quickly. Then again, with close range combat, a shield defending against ranged weapons would not do much against physical blows, so the elbows would still be exposed. Bleh.

EDIT: Interestingly, I found that the Genoace has the same kind of elbows. Is this a design coincidence of rehashed material, or are we looking at the Tallgease of AG?
Hmm, wait. It actually looks like those elbows are more heavily armored...I was looking at the HG boxart, which is slightly different from the official art.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Zeonista

Strike Zero wrote:Legendary Mobile Suit The Gundam

Now I've heard everything. :lol:
Heh, it's a Musha Shugyou Gundam, it has whiskers and a big sword. :)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
AGF-Antoine

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Looks like they mashed together the AGE-1 and the Dragonar and gave it an ugly beard-chin. Or chin-beard.
Zeus Gundam has an actual beard and got even more sillyness going on for it :lol:

The only thing I like about "THE Gundam" is the sword actually :P

AGF-Antoine
E08

Here's Exa-log chapter 8, the one with space lemon's back story.

During the post war interviews with Vagan MS developers, the acronym ‘S & S’, which stands for ‘Simplification & Streaming’, comes up often. This program aims to simplify the MS component and hence increase the efficiency of the assembly and maintenance process. Initially, some developers objected as they were too used to the status quo. However the resource depletion and shrinking of the manufacturing lines due to the prolonged war, as well as the strong support given by Central Development and Research Command that Ezelcant led soon made the program one of the central concepts in the development of next generation MS. The best example of a unit created under this program was Gurdolin. Its arms were actually just one of its option parts; these parts allow it to adapt to different situation and to realise MS parts efficiency. Despite its unique appearance, Gurdolin was designed to be a powerful mass production type MS.

During the war, Vagan higher-ups had assumed that EF was planning a Mars invasion and thus ordered the development of an assault machine that can be used effectively even by newly trained MS pilots that were urgently mobilized. Gurdolin was thus initially designed with stable movement and well balanced control system in mind. Thanks to the creativity of the young developers, the finished product was well received even by veteran pilots. It had flawless handling performance, powerful acceleration, as well as strong defensive capability due to its unique shape that reduces the power of enemy’s attacks and a layer of anti-beam coating. Words about this spread to the frontline MS pilots, who then places high hopes on it and it was believed that Godom was so impressed that he took a unit still undergoing test runs into actual combat.

However the price for Gurdolin’s stability in movements was a decrease in its turning performance, leading to monotonous movement patterns and other related weakness. To fix these flaws, a revised design was developed and Golden Gurdolin Perfect was born. Commonly known as GGP, it replaces the arms on the original design with wing attachments that change the unit’s centre of gravity and increases its turning performance. The wings also contain multi directional missile launchers that allow it to capture and destroy enemy unit in close combat. Using a newly developed technique, GGP is coated with multiple layers of special anti-beam gold coating, increasing its beam defence.

Production lines were established for GGP and if it was widely deployed, it might have made a huge difference in the battle outcomes. However until the end of the war, only 30 units were found to be produced and none were deployed in battle. After the war, these units are used in civil engineering, weather surveillance patrols of Mars atmosphere and other related activities. Flexible use of this machine is due to its excellent performance and its ability to use different option parts; all these indirectly prove its combat potential. As most of the developers in the post war civilian MS program are from the Gurdolin and GGP development team, it seems that the final result of the S&S program is in fulfilling the needs of the civilians.
SonicSP

I never knew Lemon was to be such a big tide turner in the war. Compared to all those scary Danazines and stuff. I guess practicality always trumps style.

I knew the cost would be pretty high but it still baffled me that the EF didn't try to invade Mars. Perhaps it's all that corruption during Gen 2 and even pre-Gen 2. With all those hidden Vagans and their decendents living on Earth, I guess it's hard to keep it up.
E08

Some more information about Glud and AGE-2 Double blade as well as Exa-Log chapter 9A, which explains what is Mars Ray and how Everse system works.

Glud is meant to be a commander type earth use MS and to maintain the soldiers’ morale, it retains the humanoid shape and is one of the few (or perhaps the only one?) earth use Vagan MS to do so. Due to its humanoid shape, it can use Khronos and Zeydra/Jilsbain’s weapons without any modification. As it is a heavy MS, all its thrusters and boosters have greatly improved power.

Double blade is an earth-use wear that was developed when Asemu was transferred to the earth force. The output and balance of the strider mode have been improved to meet the needs of atmospheric flight. Improvements are also made to AGE-2’s wear system. Double Blade is also one of the few Wears that experience combat while still in testing phase.

Chapt 9A

During the terra-forming of Mars, one of the projects unexpectedly produced harmful particles from the surface, which then caused the disease known as ‘Mars Ray’. The migration plan was thus badly affected and the colonists were forced to withdraw to the low orbit satellite, Phobos. However, with the help of the Martian magnetic storm, these particles spread to the exosphere and some parts of space, allowing them to reach the living quarters of Phobos. While suspended in the atmosphere, these particles interact with solar wind plasma and produce aurora-like effects. This was the reason why the colonists named the disease ‘Mars Ray’.

The particles are sub-nanometre in size and cannot be eliminated completely using magnetic or plasma filters. As such, the colonists were forced to live in conditions where small amounts of the harmful particles were always present. Once inside human’s body, the particles cannot be removed and can cause chronic respiratory diseases and circulatory problems. Although the use of chelating agents can alleviate the symptoms, there is no cure for the disease. 20% of the colonists were affected and children were especially susceptible; the disease was the number 1 cause of death in Phobos.

This problem affecting the martian colonists is later solved by the ‘EVERday magnetic-field-dependent Self-defense system’ or more commonly known as ‘Everse System’. It is developed through the combined effort of EXA-DB and AGE System, and is a product of the Mars environmental project managed by Flit Asuno. Each unit of the system can produce a magnetic field and receives energy and data wirelessly from a vast network of facilities located on the Mars surface. The units are installed in flight units equipped on unmanned MS called ‘Mars Feather’ that are stationed on the orbit. When there is a high possibility of a large solar wind hitting Mars, several of these MS will assemble to create a powerful magnetic field, weakening the effects of the solar wind and suppressing the formation of large scale magnetic storms.

The unmanned MS are created using left over Vagan MS from the war, thus there are Gafran Mars Feather, Baqto Mars Feather and other variants. As long exposure to the solar wind plasma can have negative effects on the machines, all the MS are coated with a white, protective coating. Due to the flight units and the white coating, the MS are also known as ‘Angel type MS’.