The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Homeless

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk III

BrentD15 wrote:When we finally see it, the demand for kits of it will skyrocket. 8)
People get excited for Zaku recolors; I don't think that's much of a feat.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
latenlazy

balofo wrote:
latenlazy wrote:Soo...is the Unicorn getting another upgrade after FA to match the Banshee?
I remember a magazine text stating the FA Unicorn won't be the final OVA upgrade for Banaji, but this was long ago. Unless an Armed Armor set is lying somewhere(ship, Magellanica) I don't see they keeping this statement.
Maybe it'll be a surprise. Episode 7 probably won't be released for a while, and they might make more changes to the story to fit an upgrade.

I'd be a little surprised if everyone else gets upgrades except the main character, since this is Bandai, and their primary motivation is to sell model kids.
Mythgarr

Unicorn Winged version?
Or Unicorn Rainbow rifle version?
What about Gundam Unicorn Winged Quadruple Mode?
Visit The Dreams
latenlazy

Mythgarr wrote:Unicorn Winged version?
Robot Unicorn Attack!

EDIT:
Leak of the upgrade!
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Fuunsaiki
BrentD15

latenlazy wrote:
Mythgarr wrote:Unicorn Winged version?
Robot Unicorn Attack!

EDIT:
Leak of the upgrade!
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Fuunsaiki
Banagher: I'm in a horse. 8)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
balofo

More info on how the Sinanju changed from Stein into the red version from the UC-MSV manga:
-The Beam Rifle, Bazooka and Custom Shield from the red version actually came with the cargo Frontal stole from the Unkai in Episode 0
-The Sinanju came with the Intention Automatic System(same on the RX-0, allowing the machine to move by the pilot thoughts), this is from Episode 0 also, and is expanded on the manga: the Sleeved rookie that was testing the new weapons piloting the Stein killed the engineer participating in the test just by unconsciously willing it.
-Frontal was overseeing the test and immediately ordered the Sinanju to have the exterior armor modified in the Sleeved red version.

*They also try to explain why the OVA 2 Sinanju data is different from the Stein version: the version on the display monitor on OVA 2 is what Anaheim and the EFF thought the Sinanju would look like after the Sleeved ''stole'' it. This is from the MSIDTC column
Angelo Sauper

balofo wrote:*They also try to explain why the OVA 2 Sinanju data is different from the Stein version: the version on the display monitor on OVA 2 is what Anaheim and the EFF thought the Sinanju would look like after the Sleeved ''stole'' it. This is from the MSIDTC column
What nonsense. They're clearly trying to protect the spies who leaked the new specification to Anaheim. Tch.
MaC

deleted, I somehow replied to the wrong thread
Last edited by MaC on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrentD15

balofo wrote:Here it's, Sinanju's upgrade for the OVA 7:

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/2022/tvh4ms0.jpg
Anyone reminded of one of those MS-09F variants?
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
MaC

Hmm, I dunno how I feel about a Sinanju Zeong. I'm not the biggest fan of the Zeong design itself and if this is designed to be evocative of that one that's a little iffy for me. Hopefully it's like the FA Unicorn addon and can be purged to allow regular Sinanju to be active.
Homeless

Beating a dead horse is thematically sort of the point of Unicorn, so I guess I can understand why they're so eager to crank out uninspired recycling like...well, nearly every Sleeves unit.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
MaC

Homeless wrote:Beating a dead horse is thematically sort of the point of Unicorn, so I guess I can understand why they're so eager to crank out uninspired recycling like...well, nearly every Sleeves unit.
If you say so. I'll just be over here enjoying a show I dig a lot and expressing one or two problems I have with it while polishing my blu-rays with tears
Geoxile

MaC wrote:
Homeless wrote:Beating a dead horse is thematically sort of the point of Unicorn, so I guess I can understand why they're so eager to crank out uninspired recycling like...well, nearly every Sleeves unit.
If you say so. I'll just be over here enjoying a show I dig a lot and expressing one or two problems I have with it while polishing my blu-rays with tears
Oh, I thought you were going to polish them using your benjamins?
Xenosynth

Even in the mecha and technology thread?

Usually I am not adverse to people posting opinions but no offense Homeless, you going into every thread about Unicorn to reiterate that you think the series sucks in some way, is starting to get to DuelGundam levels of 'Going into threads about things you don't like to complain'.

And even if so, MaC, and everyone else that jumps up about it, just ignore him or stop acknowledging him. It's really frustrating that I can't read a simple thread about something I like without quipping from both sides. Geez.

Anyway, I am mixed on the Zeong design. I will admit Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus made me kinda fall in love with the Zeong, when normally I hated it, and if it ends up being good looking, I don't think I'd mind it.
MaC

Geoxile wrote:
MaC wrote:
Oh, I thought you were going to polish them using your benjamins?
I soak them in the tears of whiners! It's so much better then windex you know? I think it's partially the salt but mostly the butthurt.
MaC

Xenosynth wrote:Even in the mecha and technology thread?

Usually I am not adverse to people posting opinions but no offense Homeless, you going into every thread about Unicorn to reiterate that you think the series sucks in some way, is starting to get to DuelGundam levels of 'Going into threads about things you don't like to complain'.

And even if so, MaC, and everyone else that jumps up about it, just ignore him or stop acknowledging him. It's really frustrating that I can't read a simple thread about something I like without quipping from both sides. Geez.

Anyway, I am mixed on the Zeong design. I will admit Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus made me kinda fall in love with the Zeong, when normally I hated it, and if it ends up being good looking, I don't think I'd mind it.
That's fair, I probably should just add that person to the ignore list. I wasn't aware of the trolly history and the ocd need to take any opening to come in and crap on Unicorn.

The Zeong, I have mixed feelings about it. Like you I have a small affinity towards it developed from a Gundam vs Game (EXVS for me) but at the same time if Full Frontal launches in a mobile suit with no legs for no reason other then to be a Zeong shout-out that's a little bit lame. It's like, Ikeda, a red MS, and First Gundam quotes are enough of a callback for me. To drag out the Zeong just seems excessively in the direction homeless seems to criticize. Especially since Rozen Zulu already has some Zeong-call-back elements in it's design.
Homeless

It's really frustrating that I can't read a simple thread about something I like without quipping from both sides. Geez.
This sounds more like a personal issue regarding people not liking what you like. I post very rarely, and I'm entitled to my opinions just as you are. You don't have to like them, but I'm not terribly shy about sharing them. Just don't respond to me if my posts are that heartbreaking. Besides - you're not supposed to feed a troll, right?

Repetition is a theme of Unicorn: the constant cycle of war, Zeon, and breaking free of it. Sunrise and Bandai are just a bit too eager to rake in the cash by rehashing old ideas, and fail to see the irony of it. Or simply don't care, since it clearly is making them money. I'm not especially fond of it, especially since as the novels demonstrated the story wasn't harmed in any way by not giving Full an upgrade over the Sinanju.
Ceiling_Squid

It makes absolute sense from an in-universe perspective, whining aside.

What better way to inspire your forces than to give Full Frontal a mask, AND have him pilot something resembling an iconic unit from the OYW? Full Frontal already explicitly metioned that he was a rallying symbol way back in episode two. What were the viewers expecting, that he'd pilot some radically different suit for the finale?

The Sleeves are perfectly happy to wallow in their past glories, even though they lost that war a long time ago. It's propaganda.

I can ignore meta-complaints about recycled designs all day long, if it preserves my enjoyment of a series. Some people can nitpick, I'll just find justifications and move on.

Aside from that, I actually liked the Zeong. It had just the right amount of 0079 goofiness and awesome performance.
BrentD15

Homeless wrote:
It's really frustrating that I can't read a simple thread about something I like without quipping from both sides. Geez.
This sounds more like a personal issue regarding people not liking what you like. I post very rarely, and I'm entitled to my opinions just as you are. You don't have to like them, but I'm not terribly shy about sharing them. Just don't respond to me if my posts are that heartbreaking. Besides - you're not supposed to feed a troll, right?

Repetition is a theme of Unicorn: the constant cycle of war, Zeon, and breaking free of it. Sunrise and Bandai are just a bit too eager to rake in the cash by rehashing old ideas, and fail to see the irony of it. Or simply don't care, since it clearly is making them money. I'm not especially fond of it, especially since as the novels demonstrated the story wasn't harmed in any way by not giving Full an upgrade over the Sinanju.
Homeless, while I do agree that you do have the right to have an opinion, but if that opinion can be construed as inflammatory, then I would really take caution before posting it.

Just saiyan.