Known MSV-R so far

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Deacon Blues

Re: Known MSV-R so far

toysdream wrote:I would interpret it as "Boy, those Japanese writers sure love their hyphens!" :-)

EDIT: Are you looking at the Action Graphic book, or the "MSV-R Graphic Document" book compiled by the Dengeki Hobby staff? I don't think the Action Graphic volume is out yet.

-- Mark

Err, Graphic Document is the one I meant. Bah.
yoshi0184

In the new MSV-R Zaku Handbook are three new Zaku Customs. One MS-06FS and two MS-06S.

http://www.gundams.de/msv-r/ms-06fs-unknown.jpg
http://www.gundams.de/msv-r/ms-06s-unknown1.jpg
http://www.gundams.de/msv-r/ms-06s-unknown2.jpg

Who are the pilots of these things?
Xenosynth

First one is an Eric Mansfield custom MS-06fs.
The second is a Gabby Hazard MS-06S.
Third is Robert Gilliam MS-06S.

Edit: Dunno if it's a mistype, but all of them have typical Zaku armaments, though for the Robert Gilliam it's labeled as Zaku Bazooka, whereas Gabby Hazard's is labeled just Bazooka. So I have no idea if that means it has a custom bazooka or what.
Mark064

Other way around the second is Robert Gilliam and the third is Gabby Hazzard. All three also have identical armaments including the Zaku Bazooka on all three, interestingly enough Eric Manthfield's Zaku does not list the vulcans, though that's just probably lazy copy and pasting and is included in the others.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
Homeless

And here I was just thinking we needed some more pointless Zakus.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Xenosynth

Ahh, sorry about the ordering issue, I posted when I had just woken up xD; Probably clicked them in the wrong order.

Either way, now they really are just reaching. Next we'll have an Uma Lightning Zaku II S type. I don't mind it when they have a few customs, and I mean, I love Shin and Johnny's suits, but now it's just going on the verge of ridiculousness. Again, a few custom units, sure, that's fine. When you start going for older Zaku types and giving those ones constant custom units though when the characters already have gelgoogs and zakus, it's just... bleh.
Gelgoog Jager

Regarding Eric's MS-06FS, it seems that the outermost vulcan on the left side of the head has been sealed. Supposing this feature is symmetrical, that would mean that this unit only has 2 vulcans instead of 4. I suppose that this measure could be useful in order to allow a pilot to preserve ammo more efficiently at the cost of a lower fire rate.

As for what other recolored Zakus we could expect, we still have to see units belonging to Cima Garahau, M'quve, Thomas Kurtz, Gerald Sakai, etc., just to mention a few.
Deacon Blues

Okay so here's some info on the YMS-15E Gyan Eos:

Two improved YMS-15 units were completed and given the number designation of YMS-15E and were soon deployed to the Principality's Mobile Assault Forces "flagship defense unit"(?? - 旗艦直衛部隊 -- How can it be flagship when they're guarding in Zum City?). Although the unit was re-evaluated and submitted for production, in the end, it never happened.

I can scan the pages if anyone wants them.
AmuroNT1

As a Gyan fan, I'd be all over seeing the scans if it's no trouble. :)

Regarding "flagship", I thought the main blurb said these were Kycilia's personal guard; in that case, maybe it means they're meant to guard her personal ship (that Zanzibar she used at the end of the series?), but since she's not a frontline commander they're still based out of Zum City.

Also, I guess this brings the official Gyan count up to five, unless the EOS units were made out of the two test units that we're told were made along with M'Quve's machine.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
AmuroNT1

Let's see...in addition to what Deacon said, it looks like the YMS-15E made them reconsider mass-producing the Gyan, but in the end they decided not to after all.

The shield actually has no weapons whatsoever; they were omitted in favor of strengthening it with new armor materials so it provides better defense during melee combat.

The beam bayonet is a prototype weapon, with a beam blade at the tip as well as a small beam gun. Compared to the MS-14's beam rifle, it has lower power and shorter range.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
JEFFPIATT

it's an royal/ honor guard model of the gyan. it may be the missing link between the Galbaldy line and the gyan line. The "Mohawk" cam housing fits with the gyan's European knight motif looking like an helmet plume. it may of not made much of an impression since the alpha only vagely keeps any gyan influence and the Beta is more or less an gelgoog built on the gyan production lines.
domino

That beam bayonet w/ the small beam gun looks rather stupid and difficult to wield however it does give the Gyan Eos more ranged firepower. Is there any lineart of it equipped with its bazooka?
toysdream

The fact the Gyan EOS uses a Gelgoog backpack is interesting. According to the text profile, Kycilia's Mobile Assault Force modified the YMS-15 for combat deployment with the help of both Zimmad and Zeonic, so this would actually be a notable example of teamwork between the rival MS developers. As such, it may indeed prefigure the merging of the Gyan and Gelgoog lines in the Galbaldy, and the United Maintenance Plan that was being implemented at that point.

-- Mark
toysdream

Well, that's cool! This is of course the Federation submarine that Zeon's Mad Angler was based on. Lots of detailed development history in the profile text, sadly a bit too small to read in this scan.

-- Mark
bilbros

Yes, too small indeed.
But at least the name of the ship is large enough :) : it's the Lockwood class SS-6011
Gelgoog Jager

It does look a bit more unique than the M-Type Submarine from Gihren's Greed. That version already had the rear hatch for the Mad Angler's MS Hanagr, though the MSV-R design would seem to indicate that it wasn't part of the original design.

I can't read the text either, though I can see some numbers:

-0075, 8, 0076, 1, 2, 0077, 3, 0077, "1, 2, 3", "4, 5, 6", 0079, January 3rd/March 1st, 0079

If I had to guess:

I would say that maybe on U.C. 0075 the Federation comissioned the production of 8 of these submarines. Production of the 1st and 2nd submarines began in 0076, while production of the third began on U.C. 0077. These 3 submarines were completed on the same year, while the 4th, 5th and 6th units entered production soon afterwards.

The date most likely refer to either the beginning of the war, or the beginning of the Earth Invasion.
toysdream

EDIT: It does indeed say that the Federation Forces ordered 8 Lockwood/Rockwood-class submarines in U.C. 0075, with construction of the first two beginning at the end of U.C. 0076 and the remainder the year after that. The first through third were launched in U.C. 0078 and commissioned at the end of that year; the fourth through seventh were launched in January of U.C. 0079, and commissioned soon afterwards.

During Zeon's second landing operation in U.C. 0079, their special forces captured all seven of these Lockwood/Rockwood-class submarines, as well as their construction facilities and the almost-completed eighth ship. These were modified at the California Base, and all had been recommissioned as Mad Angler types by September of U.C. 0079.

-- Mark
Last edited by toysdream on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.