Maoyu

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Compass

Maoyu

OK, so this is a (romantic?) fantasy comedy that I found browsing Crunchy Roll's new season roster.

Let me just say, the first episode is pretty good. A good dousing of hilarity with a brushing of geopolitical and economic discussion so that there's a plot going.

This would probably fall in line with you if you liked Sword Art Online or Tower of Druaga.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Flame-X

Re: Maoyu

I burst out in laughter when she took off her horns. But ya it's interesting since I've read some chps of the manga before.
teslashark

I heard the Demon Queen's reasoning on economy is similiar to the Austrian School's. Anyone read the LNs?
Last edited by teslashark on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
Compass

Nay, but I like the cute banter between the leads already.

And the puppy eyes.

OMG. I rewatched the first episode. You can clearly see that the horns are a headband throughout it :shock:

Edit - Holy carp.

This is apparently what the characters look like through different renditions.

http://twitter.yfrog.com/z/6wqmgtj
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Ryujin

I've always preferred Akira Ishida's manga adaptation--he really upgraded Dragon Princess. The LN art by Toi8 & what's been seen from the anime reminds me too much of Pippi Longstocking.

I also didn't expect the horned headband to be revealed in the very first episode. It was more of a "Hey, where are your horns?" situation in a later chapter in the most popular manga version.
Compass wrote:This would probably fall in line with you if you liked Sword Art Online or Tower of Druaga.
Spice & Wolf would probably be a fairer comparison, since the story really goes into a good deal of economics & sociopolitical discussion (and is arguably one of the main attractions of the story).
Compass

Never watched it, so I can't compare it D:
quasadra

i read the LN, i am quite curious on how much of the story they will cover. 12 ep is not enough!
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Strike Zero

I just picked up this show, and I've gotta say, it's really great! It at first managed to throw me completely for a loop; I go in expecting some sort of wacky fantastical romantic comedy, and while there is indeed a good amount of such, I'm also treated to a commentary on global politics, economics and sociology. You're average daytime anime, this is not. However this unfolds, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more.

On a side-note: the Ma-oh's breasts are a miracle of the universe. That is all. 8)
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Compass

Strike Zero wrote:I just picked up this show, and I've gotta say, it's really great! It at first managed to throw me completely for a loop; I go in expecting some sort of wacky fantastical romantic comedy, and while there is indeed a good amount of such, I'm also treated to a commentary on global politics, economics and sociology. You're average daytime anime, this is not. However this unfolds, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more.

On a side-note: the Ma-oh's breasts are a miracle of the universe. That is all. 8)
Useless. Flesh. Her arms are so fat.
Strike Zero

You're just a hater. That's all there is to it. :P
Compass

She's a flab. Seriously. Head maid is right. She should work out.
Strike Zero

I weep for our society. -.-

If this is fat, then call me a chubby chaser.
Compass

How many episodes have you watched? I think you're missing the in-joke.
Strike Zero

Oh, I'm aware of the joke, it's just that for a minute there I thought you were being serious! :P
Compass

Today's episode is pretty good. I learned about boobs.
Compass

The printing press was invented in this episode. Also a fair bit of hilarity and FS. I like how Older Sister Maid gets the ability to be a dead ringer for Demon King!
Compass

I hope I'm not the only one still watching this, but the most recently aired episode is indescribably strong and emotional. ;_; I cry whenever I watch it.
Ryujin

Compass wrote:I hope I'm not the only one still watching this, but the most recently aired episode is indescribably strong and emotional. ;_; I cry whenever I watch it.
You're not the only one, but I'm refraining from commenting due to a strong bias for one of the manga versions.
bullethead

If there's one thing I prefer from the anime over the manga, it's the pacing. It's been moving around at a steady clip for a while now, which I find vastly preferable to the "one episode = one chapter" approach some of the longer shonen adaptations take.