Gundam SEED HD Remaster airs Winter 2011

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
monster

Re: Gundam SEED HD Remaster airs Winter 2011

Gelgoog Jager wrote:Scenes actually showing how some of the characters survived the destruction of their MS (Sting, Kira Athrun and Meyrin). The only one that was shown was Lunamaria's, when her Zaku Warrior was destroyed.
They didn't show how Kira survived Aegis's explosion, so I doubt they would show anything for Destiny.
HellCat

Not sure how they'd do it but anything that could smoothe over "Shinn, you killed my sister! I love you!" would work wonders. There's a way to make what Shinn and Luna were going through bring them together, but that really shouldn't be it.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
teslashark

I just noticed in the last few episodes there are more Fukuda(R) scenes of the genesis turning people into bloody mist, "nicely" detailed. Instead of faceless people cooking in their spacesuits, we nw see un-protected battleship crew menbers ... the word should be splat.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
HellCat

http://gundamguy.blogspot.mx/2012/11/mo ... t.html?m=1 Destiny HD is due for March. Bandai Channel is mentioned but given the yanking of most of the BEI licensed shows, will this one join SEED HD on Gundam.info's YouTube?

On a related note, this makes me wonder why they didn't cook up some subs for that Stargazer Blu-ray. BEI never released it, so that'd at least net them a few more import sales.
Arbiter GUNDAM

HellCat wrote:http://gundamguy.blogspot.mx/2012/11/mo ... t.html?m=1 Destiny HD is due for March. Bandai Channel is mentioned but given the yanking of most of the BEI licensed shows, will this one join SEED HD on Gundam.info's YouTube?

On a related note, this makes me wonder why they didn't cook up some subs for that Stargazer Blu-ray. BEI never released it, so that'd at least net them a few more import sales.
Oh brother. Can we expect a new age of Destiny defending?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Homeless

Well, the old age of being condescending about a cartoon never ended, so why not?
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
HellCat

The thing I'm more worried about is that we're increasingly seeing 'money for old rope' Gundam projects. Now of course the second Gundam animation was the movie trilogy retellings and similar projects have never been a stranger but it seems this is becoming more frequent. Unicorn is the adaptation of a novel, the same magazine that was originally published in is doing at least 4 redoes of previously animated stories and we've got two shows being aired with mild touch up. Are we going to see other series get a 'HD' re-release later?
Destiny_Gundam

Doubtful. SEED and Destiny are the only shows they could give the HD treatment to easily since they were produced digitally. Would be too much work to digitally remaster all the old stuff.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
HellCat

So no G HD with added Allenby breast bounce?...That's my 2013 ruined a month in.
Mythgarr

HD Gundam X re-air would be SUPERB!
Visit The Dreams
Kratos

Yeah, X was so popular the first time it aired, I can see why an HD re-air would be too enticing for Bandai to pass up.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Arbiter GUNDAM

So should we split discussion of the Destiny remaster into its own thread?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Destiny_Gundam

HellCat wrote:So no G HD with added Allenby breast bounce?...That's my 2013 ruined a month in.
Even if they HD'd it, they couldn't really add tweaks like that. They probably have all the SEED files in their hard drives so it's simple to go back and add stuff in. With older, hand drawn stuff it's not possible without it looking off (see the Zeta movies). To use another franchise, this is why the Gunbuster movie had no new footage while the Diebuster one did.
Mythgarr

Kratos wrote:Yeah, X was so popular the first time it aired, I can see why an HD re-air would be too enticing for Bandai to pass up.
That's why I say it'd be SUPERB, because that means Bandai/Sunrise would be taking heavy risk by doing it XD
Visit The Dreams
HellCat

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
HellCat wrote:So no G HD with added Allenby breast bounce?...That's my 2013 ruined a month in.
Even if they HD'd it, they couldn't really add tweaks like that. They probably have all the SEED files in their hard drives so it's simple to go back and add stuff in. With older, hand drawn stuff it's not possible without it looking off (see the Zeta movies). To use another franchise, this is why the Gunbuster movie had no new footage while the Diebuster one did.
I'm not trying to make a serious argument, but the SEED HD process is hardly precision. There are scenes in some eps that look like that old AMV technique of 'I'll zoom and crop to hide the fansubs!'
Dark Duel

That's because, basically, that's exactly what they did with the SEED so-called "HD Remaster"; cropped the image to make it fake widescreen, and do superficial tweaks to some scenes and redraw some others.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
HellCat

I know, hence my point ;)

As far as I'm aware, and please correct me if I'm wrong, pretty much every Gundam release has been uploaded digitally for restoration for the DVD boxsets. So although the actual animation has a different point of origin, they arguably could 'HD' earlier shows if they wanted to. The recent Trigun movie shows studios can recapture that 90s anime look with filters and on a HD setup the new scenes for SEED HD still stick out anyway.
monster

Did the older shows not have their remaster releases already?
Kuruni

Lets me make two predictions., based on SeeD remaster.

1. Destiny Impulse will appear.
1.1 Lunamaria use it once or twice, but not in the last battle.
1.2 Shinn use it against Kira and destroy Freedom. make it that he only win because of shiny upgrade, not his skill like the original run. :twisted:
Either or both.

2. Stella pretty much kill herself, not Kira's doing. :twisted:
My girlfriend was a loli.
Destiny_Gundam

monster wrote:Did the older shows not have their remaster releases already?
Normal remasters, maybe, but HD ones with tweaked footage? Nope.