The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
BrentD15

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk V

Kratos wrote:There really seems like there's gonna be a hangar-smackdown of some kind, or at least a major confrontation. Christ, the Rozen Zulu's gonna tear that ship apart from the inside if it starts firing in there.

Also, seeing Takuya really reminds me of how much I want some kind of closure for poor, forgotten Micott.
I fixed that for you. :)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Kratos

Thank you. Yes, I meant Rozen, not Geara.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Jegan Disapproves!
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
HellCat

Kratos wrote::D :D :D

Also, I think that might be the smoothest Destroy Mode transformation that we've gotten yet.
For sure. I appreciate why they did it, but the cell shaded Unicorn has bugged me in every episode so far. It's a shame they seemingly only 'got it right' this late in.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Andrew_Graruru

Really digging the sound of that ED, and I haven't really liked any of them previously. Getting Sawano to compose it was a good call.
Check out my (awful) podcast. Anime Graruru.
ProfessorMecha

That was an amazing trailer.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Quick spoiler question: what happens to Marida in the novels?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
ZeonsSilverStar

Quick spoiler answer:
Spoiler
She dies. I'm not too clear on all the details but to my understanding Riddhe is responsible.
Now if I've missed anything someone feel free to correct me.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
BrentD15

ZeonsSilverStar wrote:Quick spoiler answer:
Spoiler
She dies. I'm not too clear on all the details but to my understanding Riddhe is responsible.
Now if I've missed anything someone feel free to correct me.
In the novels, that's right.
Spoiler
He supposedly thinks people are turning against him, and in his paranoid state, shoots down Marida in her heavily-damaged Kyshatriya, which everyone is shocked at and I think this supposedly snaps Riddhe out of his hysteria.
At least, from what I heard.

EDIT: please use spoiler tags for things like that. not everyone has read the novels.

~ShadowCell[
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
SlowTurtle

Quick Spoiler Question 2.0, What happens to Mineva? Is she good, bad, or is she just playing sides?
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
AndrewT

I can't help but agree with one of the posters that the complaints from episode 4 being aired is a bit long in the tooth (and I have not been on the forum more than twice in the past year). She is a girl who clearly has some deep enough problems with her enemy and deep enough ties to her family that she is willing to kill lots of people. That much should be clear to any reasonably intelligent fan. No, they did not give us too much reason to want to spare her other than the fact she was a young emotionally distraught woman. Open and Shut.

The new trailer looks excellent though. For all of the series apparent ups and downs it is still probably one of the only animated works I give a damn about at this age. People that have read the novel need to stop expecting other people to care about why they are upset. It is an animated series at this point and what matters to me is what happens on screen and if its engaging and entertaining. I am thankful I have not because as a fan who stopped watching for the better part of the last decade to have a new UC story is fantastic, and the fact that so much production value is being put into it makes it all the better.
flamingtroll

Andrew_Graruru wrote:Really digging the sound of that ED, and I haven't really liked any of them previously. Getting Sawano to compose it was a good call.
I think it's a rearrangement of 0001 in the soundtrack. And I agree this is the first time I actually think the ED song fits the overall atmosphere of the show, for obvious reasons.
balofo

From the credits, will appear voiced: Bright, Martha.
Mythgarr

AndrewT wrote:or all of the series apparent ups and downs it is still probably one of the only animated works I give a damn about after disappointment that is AGE P
yeah, I agree with you...AGE is disappointing....
Visit The Dreams
8745yhgt

What MS/Gundam cameos are people expecting in Unicorn ep. 7

Assuming Gundam Unicorn’s OVA ending is relatively similar to the Novel ending, what are people expecting the Unicorn will show Banagner in terms of the future???

I’m kinda hoping for the OMS-14SRF RF Gelgoog Rochester Type :D
ShadowCell

threads merged

and why the hell would that thing appear in Unicorn?
8745yhgt

ShadowCell wrote:threads merged

Spoiler
I read before that during the final battle with full frontal that the unicorn shows banagner a vision of the future and that war is still on-going even with the box being opened
Strike Zero

Prepare to have your hopes crushed, because I canʻt imagine that Bandai gives enough of a crap about the F90 series to bother to reference it.

If that spoiler does indeed turn out to be accurate,
Spoiler
I could see the likes of the Gundam F91 or the Victory Gundam making cameos, but not much else beyond that.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Cybaster

ShadowCell wrote:threads merged

Why not? A New Translation threw in a mishmash of units referencing MSV, ZZ, Gundam Sentinel, and even Advance of Zeta, to say nothing of the Unicorn OVAs being a cornucopia of Side Story references in itself.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Sunrise somehow had the Gaia Gear Alpha or Turn A Gundam appear somehow in the end, either. :P
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Strike Zero

I would. Turn A really has no business showing up in the Universal Century, and Gaia Gear would coming from a place so far out in left field it would be physically impossible to pinpoint using the visible light spectrum alone.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.