Ep. 025: Transmetropolitan

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Ep. 025: Transmetropolitan

Chaos Theater Ep. 025 - "Transmetropolitan"
- Download Now: 64 kbps - 124 mins, 50 sec. (2:04:50) 57.2 MB

Special Guest Host: Cristian Alvernaz (opening and Transmetropolitan)

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "What We've Been Up To"
Runtime: 0:00:01 - 0:17:18

02. Discussion: "Transmetropolitan"
Runtime: 0:17:50 - 1:10:08

03. Outro: "Audible recommendations", "Chaos Theater Mailbag" and "Internet whoring"
Runtime: 1:11:20 - 2:01:02

Ready for some delicious ebola cola? Want to watch the classic children's show Sex Puppets? If so, you've come to the right place as we discuss Transmetroplitan, the cyberpunk gonzo journalism comic epic from Warren Ellis and Darick Robertson. We're joined in this discussion by past guest Cristian Alvernaz. We also catch up on what we've been doing, give Audible recommendations and answer Mailbag questions (albeit with some audio issues). Since TED talks are mentioned during the episode, here are some links to the real one about copyright math, along with the fake one for Prometheus. Next time, we're going to be recording a special episode with two special guests.

Music Featured in this Episode:
"Boing Zoom DAKOTA!" from Rock Candy 1 by Shadow
"Detroit Police Station: Stress" from Deus Ex: Human Revolution by Michael McCann
"Detroit Sewer: Stress High" from Deus Ex: Human Revolution by Michael McCann

Sponsors & Special Offers:
Audible

Google Voice: 305-792-8324
Email: [email protected]

Websites:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Chaos Theater -Laplace's Box -Chaos Theater Mecha Talk Forum - Gundamn! @ Mecha Talk Forum - Laplace's Box @ Mecha Talk Forum - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - Chaos Theater @ Twitter - Gundamn! @ Twitter - Laplace's Box @Twitter - Main RSS Feed - iTunes
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mu La Flaga

Re: Ep. 025: Transmetropolitan

Ok so my reply for this let me see.
I can't comment on Transmetropolitan sounds somewhat interesting, it kind of sounds vaguely like AD Comics which namely featured Judge Dredd.

As for the mailbag entry of mine.
Well actually I should have noted that the Australian PS3 early models weren't like the American ones, they used Emulation software instead of the same chips, so there is something of a difference actually.

And my beef with the idea of digital distribution is if they want to go down that road.
Flipping well increase the range of stuff you can download.

It's something I've experienced with Australian PSN compared to the American one(I have accounts for both)
And the Nintendo EShop for Australia.

So that is all I can say really, but still, I always heard that was their approach was to focus on the PS3's library for the limited range you could play.
I always thought it was more cost cutting then anything else overall.
But it's true it seems hard to keep the way the ssytem is made and always able to be BC with past libraries.
The Orbus I hadn't heard about it's specs, but that sucks for PS3 owners if they may want the new console.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
hotlimit

This sounds like one grimy-ass world, replace all the sex and drugs with brains and you'd have Battle Angel Alita! One thing I don't get is the 'transient' people, are they just fetishists like furries who took things too far?
Chris
Administrator

hotlimit wrote:This sounds like one grimy-ass world, replace all the sex and drugs with brains and you'd have Battle Angel Alita! One thing I don't get is the 'transient' people, are they just fetishists like furries who took things too far?
They're beyond that. Before transforming into aliens, people literally became furries by renting out animal bodies for short periods of time, but apparently that was boring compared to being an alien.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
hotlimit

:shock: I... I see...
kayone73

hotlimit wrote::shock: I... I see...
It realy is just a few steps away from the creepy fetishits of modern day like you mentioned. The fact that Transmet was written a decade ago and present day is even closer to the world of Transmet instead of diverging away, is very disturbing.
PedroBear

kayone73 wrote:
It realy is just a few steps away from the creepy fetishits of modern day like you mentioned. The fact that Transmet was written a decade ago and present day is even closer to the world of Transmet instead of diverging away, is very disturbing.
Yeah, reading it now is quite enlightening, all things considered. Ellis had society marked more than even he probably thought.
animalia

I always thought that apathy was a vicious cycle when nothing you do seems to make a difference, you stop trying to do something and because you do nothing nothing happens and so on and so on.

But the apathy you describe is way more vicious.
bertman4

Warren Ellis fans, he's interviewed on The Nerdist podcast. Lots of interesting conversations on a variety of topics.
http://www.nerdist.com/2013/01/nerdist- ... ren-ellis/
MechWarrior86

kayone73 wrote:
Right :shock: a crazy world
lights, camera, action!