Dynasty warriors: Gundam 3

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
DAG101

Re: Dynasty warriors: Gundam 3

For Melee, I prefer God Gundam, Master Gundam, and the 00 Raiser (although a lot of the 00 Raiser's power probably comes from Setsuna being a much higher level than anyone else on my game), while for ranged I like the Reborns Gundam--it's Fin Fang attack can take out most named enemies in two or three hits, while his GN Cannon mode spread-shot can clear away crowds of grunts pretty easily.

THough I STILL wish the game had made the Mobile Armours pilotable
Terrorhawk

For those who want an easy way to defeat those hard missions, Knight Gundam is your best friend.
Apply the parts "Harmonizer", "Shock Absorber" and "I-Field" to the Knight Gundam. This will help you gain partner gauge, SP gauge and reduce some damage you take. All 3 will be helpful. If you are playing the DLC mission "True Dynasty Warrior Gundam May Your Life Be Eternal" you probably wont need "Harmonizer".
As for your pilot, using "Warriors Responsibility", "Ace Pilot" and "Serene Mind" will be a good combination. If you are doing the DLC mission "Final Trial of the Giants" you can probably replace "Ace Pilot" and "Warriors Responsibility" with "Little Giant" and "Final Sacrifice".

In the moments before your HQ is destroyed, simply die 3 times. This puts your stats up due to the "Warriors Responsibility". Avoid the enemy ace pilots as best you can, while destroying as many enemy grunts as you can. You'll wanna get to 1,000 to get your maximum bonus from "Ace Pilot". Knight Gundam's charge 3 (I believe) is super powerful, and can charge a good chunk of your SP gauge when there are a good amount of enemies nearby, so make good use of it.
Once you have 1,000 kills you can pretty much start defeating things fairly easy, even the main bosses in the "True Dynasty Warrior Gundam May Your Life Be Eternal" mission shouldn't be too hard, so long as you make the most of your SP and avoid their attacks. Interim saves are your friend here to, use them as often as you need.
That's how I passed them, anyway.
--Terrorhawk--
schwarz ritter

I am sick and tired of Banagher Links: he basically steals the spotlight in this game. Shouldn't this have character balance? Instead, I have to constantly hear him say his "Onegai, yamete!" ZOINKS and he's perhaps the most overpowered and overrated pilot in this ZOINKS game. I mean, seriously, he dodged the Double X's Satellite Cannon. What The ZOINKS is up with that?! YOU DON'T DODGE THE TWIN SATELLITE CANNON! YOU CAN'T DODGE THE TWIN SATELLITE CANNON! THAT'S THE WHOLE ZOINKING DEAL ABOUT THE TWIN SATELLITE CANNON!
He also goes on par with Lady Haman. What the ZOINKS! I mean, I understand, Marida sucks as a pilot, but Haman DOESN'T. SHE WOULD'VE PAWNED HIS ASS! SO WHY ARE THEY MAKING HIM INTO SUCH A JESUS/MESSIAH/GOD?! IS IT JUST BECAUSE HE'S THE UC VERSION OF KIRA?!
But for some reason, we're supposed to be complacient and say "Yeah, sure!" and eat this ZOINKS they're trying to feed us.
I'm selling this game in EBay and I'm never ever going to buy another Gundam UC-themed game in my ZOINKS life.

I just hate Banagher, that little piece of ZOINKS.
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."
AmuroNT1

You'd better get used to him. Sunrise is going to be pushing Unicorn down our throats for at least two more years, and since it's the big new show they're trying to get over, its cast will ALWAYS be powerful in these games.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
DuelGundam2099

^Is there anything other than Victory, G, or X that doesn't get a well rounded cast in most gundam games? (I'm even a bit hesitant to say G and X)
schwarz ritter

Considering how underrated X is, it'll most likely be kept as backup scrap. Damn Sunrise and their ZOINKS.

G gives the best video game material, especially when it comes to fights. I think that's pretty obvious.
So they should focus more on G instead of Unicorn.

GODDAMN YOU, BANAGHER LINKS!
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Shinigam_Newtype

I've finally platinumed this game, after a somewhat enjoyable 90+ hours, although nothing compared to the 170 hours I spent on DWG 2.
Anyway, in regards to "schwarz ritter's" comment. I think I have to disagree with Banagher being the front-runner for this game. Although I would argue that he has the best Mobile Suit in the game(whilst in destroy mode), the character itself isn't featured too prominently in the "Those who..." missions, at least to a noticeable extent, and only has like 2 missions in History mode. If anything, I would say Setsuna is featured more in the spotlight than Banagher.

Also, in response to some of the earlier posts, I personally thought the 00 and Unicorn were much better suits to use in the Challenge missions than the Knight Gundam. Personally, I thought the Knight Gundam's defense wasn't too impressive, even with its stats maxed out.
"I'm not as impatient as you, I can wait for humanity to learn and grow" - Amuro Ray.

PSN ID: Shinigam_Newtype
3DS Friend Code: 4468 0954 9080
schwarz ritter

Perhaps, but I still find hard to believe that Banagher would be able to beat two of the best pilots in their respective Universes with NT-D hax. That's just so that the Banana fans drool and buy the ZOINKS game.

I mean, seriously, this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAnbWEGMZWk WTF
Shinigam_Newtype

Yeah, I'll admit I found it somewhat implausible that Banagher could hold his own against them both at the same time, however I have a bigger problem with the concept of all these universes melding together. It creates unnecessary arguments like this. I much prefer the 'Keeping everyone in their own universe approach' from DWG 2. Although, having said that, it is quite astounding to see say the Nu Gundam take on the Reborns etc, especially in such gorgeous cel shaded animation.
"I'm not as impatient as you, I can wait for humanity to learn and grow" - Amuro Ray.

PSN ID: Shinigam_Newtype
3DS Friend Code: 4468 0954 9080
Xenosynth

I don't blame Sunrise or Namco, I think it was Koei themselves that set up all the info. This wasn't developed in house at Bandai Namco, it was only published by them. Omega Force and KOEI handled the entire development, which I assume means the characters and stuff. Honestly, to me a few characters felt way out of character, and a bit more flanderized in terms of characterization ^^;

I mean... Domon really feels just ridiculous. Probably also because they localized the english with a different voice actor, but yeah. G's saving grace to me was just how Domon kinda learns to stop being a jerk to a degree, and starts caring about Rain. I never was a fan of the mecha or story, however, the Gundam Musou games completely make his character just.... like extremely out of what he should be.

Honestly the UC pilots wouldn't be able to do much against the other universes, except the Nu Gundam and Unicorn. And Marida I never really thought sucks as a pilot. She lost to him in series only after he used the NT-D. I don't really see Banagher as a superior pilot at all, more like, the Unicorn itself as being a superior machine. Sort of like Amuro in the original series, when Char himself was a superior pilot at the start from all of his experiences, but Amuro had the Gundam as a superior machine.

And Banagher? I don't see the point of complaining and then throwing away the series. Before this the Nu Gundam and Amuro would do the same thing in being overpowered, in SRW and other franchises. I mean, look at how many moments he has in the SRW series. I think you are overreacting to Banagher and need to learn to calm down, because if we wanted to stay in universe? I'm pretty sure the AUs would be way too overpowered. I mean, yes, it's a bit unfair he was the 'spotlight' character, but they also made the Knight Gundam, from an SD series of all things, a premier storyline badass. Also, in the Gundam Unicorn game itself, Amuro and Char are both superior pilots to Banagher (I only count base stats, I don't remember if Banagher has a higher potential if you spend points on him), and the Nu and Sazabi are better than it in my experience. Same with the Delta Gundam, and the Delta Kai, and the Sinanju Stein. I don't even like Banagher that much but... I do feel you are giving unnecessary amounts of flak.

But that's just me being sidetracked. Honestly I've never been a fan of the Gundam Musou series xD; I used to get them because they were all I could get in the US but now that I have the power of a bank connected to paypal, I spend most my time with 0081 and Extreme Vs.
schwarz ritter

I get what you mean, Xeno. You make several points.

Marida sucks as a pilot, but in the OVA. I mean, in the novel and the manga, its all fine. I mean, remember that Stark Jegan? Yeah, the guy never even gets a chance to draw his light saber.

But yeah, I've been bashing the little ZOINK for the last few weeks. I should stop.
Xenosynth

It's not a big deal man xD I just didn't want you stressing about him that much. He's... kinda lame IMO, but you seemed like you were having an ulcer talking about him. I was just pointing out why they probably did it. Honestly though, yeah, they did make him have hax, but don't let that ruin Gundam forever for you! We always have a designated hax of some kind, be it newtype hax, NT-D hax, SEED Hax/Beam spam, and so on.

But yeah. DWG 3 is a bit on the side of making some characters just weird. With Banagher they really piled on that POSSIBILITY IS GOD thing.
schwarz ritter

LOL You seem to have defined perfectly how I see him: he's like the big ulcer of the Gundam franchise which everyone seems to buy. But hey, what can I do? Unicorn's selling hundreds of thousands of BDs and DVDs, and so I can't really do much but bitch about him here in the forums ;)

But hey! At least I have Gundam X, the best Gundam series ever! If I ever try to get another Gundam video game, I'll make sure it ain't UC-themed.

Jesus Banagher Links still pisses me off, but meh, really, the haterade has passed.
Xenosynth

I will say, back on topic of DWG 3, I do not like how they removed a few of the grunt suits from the previous games, as well as some of the characters. ZZ seems to have been dropped in terms of interesting units (Only Glemy Bawoos, and no Quin Mantha boss?), and with Johnny Ridden being in DWG2, I was pretty sure they'd include more MSV, maybe Shin Matsunaga or something. It made me kinda sad. Also, severe lack of 00 Grunts, as well as X and a few other series that actually had interesting grunts. Would maybe have opted out for the EW versions of the Wing mobile suits as well, even if I hated Mecha Chicken, I still like the other redesigns. For me 3 was a disappointment xD; I am considering selling it since I recently got 0081, which has taken up all my time.

Edit: Also disliked the lack of F91 and Victory. While they aren't as popular, a Lafreesia boss would have been nice, and they could have picked... a better grunt unit than GIANT WHEELS ARE GO. Possibly could have given the V2 it's upgrades, possibly as a temporary power up for it's musou attack, and just... I dunno. Maybe I'm nitpicking because I am not a huge fan of the games in general, but... DWG 3 disappointed me. It also seems to lack the scale of the battles. I'd regularly be able to get 1000/2000 on DWG2, this one I have difficulty going over 500. Not to mention... it seems the difficulty is about the same, with less enemies, so... I dunno.
Terrorhawk

I would like a sequel that gets rid of friendship missions, relationship missions, memorial missions and any other missions that are just kinda there for barely any reason.
Replacing them, I would love to see a much more fleshed out mission mode that has more History Missions with more dialogue between characters and a better crossover story line.
I think it would be great to have the storylines give you the choice of a side to play. So rather than having seperate missions for Char's One Year War missions and Amuro's One Year War missions, you can choose to play the mission with any pilot who would normally be in it. So if you chose Char, you would play parts of the story he was in from his perspective.
That way we would have less missions that feel like they were put it to simply to increase the number of missions and more that fit the plot.

Maybe custom pilot to... Maybe...

Just dreaming here, ignore me.
--Terrorhawk--
Bonesy!

Recently got the 360 version, which of the three dlc Celestial Being mechs is considered to be the best combat-wise? I plan on getting Susanowo and Kshatriya this month then after that probably one or two of the CB mechs a month if money permits.
halo1000

Bonesy! wrote:Recently got the 360 version, which of the three dlc Celestial Being mechs is considered to be the best combat-wise? I plan on getting Susanowo and Kshatriya this month then after that probably one or two of the CB mechs a month if money permits.
IMO the best of the three is the Seravee, followed by the Cherudim. The Seravee has some good melee combos with a decent range and some excellent moves with the bazooka, its ground sp attack is awesome. The Cherudim has less melee range but balances out nicely with some good sniper combos and a good spread with its shield bits sp attack. As for the Arios, I'm not a fan, it has very mediocre combos and fairly weak sp attacks. The only redeeming quality is its ability to transform, but its somewhat of a waste when there's the Wing Zero and Zeta to choose from, with both being far more powerful transformable units.
UC Fan Xman

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote: Speaking of 00, now that Marida is available for DL, any word on the CB Boyz?
Well, Setsuna is the standard playable character, but Tieria, Allelujah, Lockon and Graham Aker (Mr. Bushido) are the other DLC that are surprisingly cheap for you to buy.

Oh, and I was wondering, what does everyone think about Mr. Bushido's Susanowo melee combos?