Code Geass: OZ of the Reflection

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
teslashark

Code Geass: OZ of the Reflection

Anyone read the new manga/model novel on Newtype Ace? The first standalne volume is coming this winter.
It features a Britannian counter terrorism special force. Original mecha designs include the Lancelot Grail, Hyakuen, Bradford and Samoset. A whole lot of fanservice is present in the manga, while the model novel is "even less readable than the Astray model novels".
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
wielder

Re: Code Geass: OZ of the Reflection

Well, there isn't a proper translation available. That makes it difficult for most of us to discuss any of this. :P

If nothing else, the Lancelot Grail looks nice enough on paper. The other new models seem alright too, but I'd prefer to see them in action myself. All of the standard variants/recolors are to be expected though. As for fanservice, I don't think that's much of an issue in and of itself, let alone in a spin-off from a show which wasn't exactly shy about it. Can't really say anything else about the manga yet, good or bad.

And maybe it's just me, but the whole idea of photo novels seems like they're only meant to showcase the robot models with some written text on the side, for the sake of providing the context behind each battle or encounter. Haven't read any myself, but I wouldn't expect them to have particularly great writing.
Soul Eater, the True Rune
teslashark

wielder wrote:Well, there isn't a proper translation available. That makes it difficult for most of us to discuss any of this. :P

If nothing else, the Lancelot Grail looks nice enough on paper. The other new models seem alright too, but I'd prefer to see them in action myself. All of the standard variants/recolors are to be expected though. As for fanservice, I don't think that's much of an issue in and of itself, let alone in a spin-off from a show which wasn't exactly shy about it. Can't really say anything else about the manga yet, good or bad.

And maybe it's just me, but the whole idea of photo novels seems like they're only meant to showcase the robot models with some written text on the side, for the sake of providing the context behind each battle or encounter. Haven't read any myself, but I wouldn't expect them to have particularly great writing.
The Chinese translation group isn't always on time either.
It seems the manga author plus Anta and Kimura really like some of their pilot suits less featured in the anime (i.e. erosuits). They let "disposed" characters Monica Kruschevsky and Marica Soresi appear in the story too.
I agree with you on the PNs after I read one a few hours ago.
AmuroNT1

Haven't actually heard about anyone putting forth the effort to translate one or the other. All I know is, Monica apparently gets to actually do stuff and be competent. And they semi-lampshade the swimsuit pilot suits with Oldrin's character art, which shows her blushing beet-red while wearing hers.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
teslashark

AmuroNT1 wrote:Haven't actually heard about anyone putting forth the effort to translate one or the other. All I know is, Monica apparently gets to actually do stuff and be competent. And they semi-lampshade the swimsuit pilot suits with Oldrin's character art, which shows her blushing beet-red while wearing hers.
Monimoni (as some japanese fans call her) is mostly acting as a commander. People say she got her knighthood by passing some (or every) exam.
There are three people (Oldrin, Sokia and Marika) wearing something like that in the manga, all the time, for one episode as far... Like I said the artists must love the idea.
balofo

http://ozthephotostory.yolasite.com/

Photonovel translations up to chapter 5. Thanks to Eternal Dreamer.
teslashark

... toast to the brain damage of the translators, gentlemen.
Arsarcana

teslashark wrote:Monimoni (as some japanese fans call her) is mostly acting as a commander. People say she got her knighthood by passing some (or every) exam.
Wouldn't know but assuming that's true, maybe she got her knighthood that way but she has to have displayed some real skills to become one of the Rounds. Since she was so underused in the show it will be interesting to see what they do with her.

Also, many kudos to the translators.
teslashark

Arsarcana wrote:
teslashark wrote:Monimoni (as some japanese fans call her) is mostly acting as a commander. People say she got her knighthood by passing some (or every) exam.
Wouldn't know but assuming that's true, maybe she got her knighthood that way but she has to have displayed some real skills to become one of the Rounds. Since she was so underused in the show it will be interesting to see what they do with her.

Also, many kudos to the translators.
I think she won't be appearing regularly because the plot is set around the Zivan siblings and their uncle Wizard. Wizard and Peace Mark will probably keep their profile low and not getting into any of her warzones.
teslashark

The translation of Episode 7 just came out about a week ago. In the past few episodes,an army uprising inside Britannia attacked the east coast, and led to the creation of a professional Air Cavalry force.
I wonder the Air Cavalry force they mentioned is the airborne troop around Bismark blasted by SPAMzaku in R2. By the way, some other forum said that Pendragon is Richmond, Virginia.
teslashark

Episode 9 came out last week, still a breather. Gino and Anya appeared, to receive their KMF units along Leonhart and Dink. The authors can't even arrange a sport match properly, they've wasted too much frames on fan service and still shots of standing KMFs.
Compass

I forgot about this. Will pick up tomorrow.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
teslashark

The first half told an interesting story and stopped at that. They wanted to create another Astray series but started too late and did not answer any questions like Astray did to SEED. All there is worth reading in the comic is the fanservice because fights are badly paced and drawn not fluid enough, while the Novel misses that too. Well, Moeni is in the novel for one chapter.

Who am I lying to? This necroing is just to see if anyone read O2.