Gundam SEED HD Remaster airs Winter 2011

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
DuelGundam2099

Re: Gundam SEED HD Remaster airs Winter 2011

So whatever was supposed to be announced on Sunday got cancelled or postponed due to the typhoon. I wonder if this makes mother nature anti-CE too. :lol:
Newtype87

DuelGundam2099 wrote:So whatever was supposed to be announced on Sunday got cancelled or postponed due to the typhoon. I wonder if this makes mother nature anti-CE too. :lol:
Of course she is: all those freaky non-natural Coordinators? Mother Nature is a non-GMO Natural. XD
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
HellCat

Delaying it makes me curious.

Maybe it's a spin off where the Heliopolis guys drive around in a van solving mysteries?

"Kuzzey Doooooo, where are yooooou?"
"Ro ronger rin ris reries!"
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Newtype87

HellCat wrote:Delaying it makes me curious.

Maybe it's a spin off where the Heliopolis guys drive around in a van solving mysteries?

"Kuzzey Doooooo, where are yooooou?"
"Ro ronger rin ris reries!"
Fred: *pulls Rau's mask off* "The Char was Old Da Flaga's clone all along!"
Murrue: "Jinkies!"
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
Amion

If that's the case, then Sai will periodically lose his glasses and stumble around blindly. Only to recover them upon encounter Rou.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
HellCat

You have to laugh that this month's SEED Club has a comic about Shinn getting excited they added his family to the Battle of Orb, telling everyone he knows :lol:
Arbiter GUNDAM

That's... really morbid.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
HellCat

Perhaps but SEED Club, like most parodies, takes the stance that the characters are 'actors' at the same time as storylines being their actual life. You have to just accept it's all fiction for it to flow.
HellCat

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Where are these comics if I may ask?
Currently being published monthly in Gundam Ace, though collected volumes are being released as before. One volume currently (featuring slip cover text by ME!....Hooray for stealing text from English Wikipedia): http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.htm ... BK-1087753

I know there have been fan made ones but boxset 3 has an extra where SD and HD scenes are compared. Although it's obvious the HD ones are redrawn, the comparison reveals subtle differences. For one originally Kira killed Miguel with a simple straight cut. The HD adds more of a swing curve as he pulls the blade through the back of the GINN.
teslashark

HellCat wrote:Something to consider- given how hardline the PLANTs were becoming under Patrick, would they really welcome refugees of enemy nations into their ranks at that point? I know Astray and such mentions various back door dealings, but 'Sir, there's a pissed off kid from Orb who totally wants to swear loyalty to us' sounds dubious, unless they were hoping to take advantage of his anger (ya know, like Gilbert did).
Sort of digging the discussion up, but Orb is not officially at war with ZAFT. Actually the ZAFT contains more than a few earth countries and have their traditional weapons and ships operated by Naturals, IIRC.
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
ShadowCell

uh, source please?
HellCat

Even though they're not 'at war', Orb had already done enough dubious things that worked against ZAFT. They'd helped build the Gundams, taken in the Archangel and lied about both. Given the various tensions at the time (Kira merely confirming he was a Coordinator is usually enough to find guards pointing guns at him), I'm sure anyone from Orb suddenly saying they wanted into ZAFT would have raised eyebrows somewhat. Manpower is needed but wars aren't won by an open door policy.
monster

HellCat wrote:Even though they're not 'at war', Orb had already done enough dubious things that worked against ZAFT. They'd helped build the Gundams, taken in the Archangel and lied about both. Given the various tensions at the time (Kira merely confirming he was a Coordinator is usually enough to find guards pointing guns at him), I'm sure anyone from Orb suddenly saying they wanted into ZAFT would have raised eyebrows somewhat. Manpower is needed but wars aren't won by an open door policy.
It's not exactly an open door policy if they're taking in only Coordinators, and they probably still do some background checks or any other security measure where they can.
Evex

HellCat wrote:Even though they're not 'at war', Orb had already done enough dubious things that worked against ZAFT. They'd helped build the Gundams, taken in the Archangel and lied about both. Given the various tensions at the time (Kira merely confirming he was a Coordinator is usually enough to find guards pointing guns at him), I'm sure anyone from Orb suddenly saying they wanted into ZAFT would have raised eyebrows somewhat. Manpower is needed but wars aren't won by an open door policy.
The thing is ORB only helped the EA build the Gundams, so they could steal the Earth Alliance mobile weapons technology. The same time they were helping to develop the GAT series of suits, they were all ready building the red, blue and gold frames which are the bases of ORBs mobile weapon technology. Even then the only suit of that series to remain in orbs hands was the gold frame. They had to sneak one of the three test pilot girls into the junk guild, so she could get close to the red frame. This is mostly because the red frame is the basis for orbs operating system for naturals. By then Z.A.F.T. had all ready captured four out of the five GAT-X series. You also have to remember ORBs mobile weapon technology was considered more advance during the war. Remember episode 1 of SEED Destiny where cagalli basically accuses Durandel of using orb refuges and there technical skill to develop the millennium series, and most likely the Z.A.F.T. Gundams. In the end Z.A.F.T had more to gain technological by taking in ORB refugees then they had to lose. Plus most of the refugees that went to PLANT from ORB were coordinators. Coordinators who's home was just taking over by the Earth Alliance, also naturals are rarely let into the PLANTs, with out strict supervision.
HellCat

monster wrote:
It's not exactly an open door policy if they're taking in only Coordinators, and they probably still do some background checks or any other security measure where they can.
They likely did but I still think during the Patrick Zala regime is far too early for Orb refugees to be allowed so openly into PLANT society. I could accept the Hawkes and Rey since they were seemingly already PLANT citizens but Shinn? It's like they had a clever, fun idea to add a shot of the fleeing Asuka's and got ahead of themselves by going 'Look, the Destiny cast enrolled!". The story as it stood previously suggested heavily PLANT under Patrick had become a closed off and dangerous society and that the more lenient treatment of refugees was more of a Gilbert thing, much like his 'Don't punish our child soldiers for commands given by adults' deal.

Evex- I'm not really sure what any of that has to do with my point. Why is recounting the plot of Astray connected to my point?
monster

HellCat wrote:
monster wrote:
They likely did but I still think during the Patrick Zala regime is far too early for Orb refugees to be allowed so openly into PLANT society. I could accept the Hawkes and Rey since they were seemingly already PLANT citizens but Shinn? It's like they had a clever, fun idea to add a shot of the fleeing Asuka's and got ahead of themselves by going 'Look, the Destiny cast enrolled!". The story as it stood previously suggested heavily PLANT under Patrick had become a closed off and dangerous society
The thing about Patrick Zala is that he's only fanatical against the Naturals and their sympathizers. A teenaged Coordinator who has just lost his family due to an attack by Naturals is the kind of person that someone like Zala would welcome with open arms, especially if that kid was willing to join the effort to fight the Naturals.

Also, remember that Rau mentioned that Orb refused ZAFT's offer to help fight the AF, so ZAFT wasn't exactly ignoring Orb during Zala's administration.
and that the more lenient treatment of refugees was more of a Gilbert thing, much like his 'Don't punish our child soldiers for commands given by adults' deal.
To what are you referring here?
HellCat

Yzak says early in Destiny that Gilbert had publically spoken in defence of child soldiers like the Creuset Team. His attitude was that they were victims of a war created by adults and so were not tried the same as consenting adults, basically given an outright pardon. Given Gilbert's overall plan, it seems like something he did to intentionally get the support of the upcoming generation for his world changing Destiny Plan.
monster

HellCat wrote:Yzak says early in Destiny that Gilbert had publically spoken in defence of child soldiers like the Creuset Team. His attitude was that they were victims of a war created by adults and so were not tried the same as consenting adults, basically given an outright pardon. Given Gilbert's overall plan, it seems like something he did to intentionally get the support of the upcoming generation for his world changing Destiny Plan.
I never quite understood that seeing as how Durandal was supposed to have been elected as part of the Clyne Faction. I believe the only person who needed pardon was Dearka for actually committing treasonous acts (regardless of his intention). The only other surviving member of the Le Creuset team that is still with ZAFT never actually committed known treason (except probably at the final battle by helping Dearka against Rau).
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Honestly guys, I think we are looking WAY to far into a split second scene where the Destiny cast appears.

It seems like no matter what, people who thinks it makes sense will continue to say "it makes sense," and people who "don't agree" will continue to not agree. We can discuss how Patrick Zala regime acted and if Shinn could have joined so quickly ect, ect, until we are all blue in the face. But what is the point? Shinn joined ZAFT really quickly, that is canon now. Seed has far more grievous lapses in logic (as do all Gundams) then when Shinn Asuka joined ZAFT. I mean, this scene was from an episode almost 3 weeks old now, can we let it go?

Why don't we discuss instead why Mu used the Blast Strike Gundam instead of the Perfect Strike Gundam during the Mendel battle, to me, the fact that he didn't use that silhouette makes far less sense then when Shinn joined the military. I mean, in the remaster they gave him the Perfect Strike silhouette...why didn't he use it? Then again, I suppose the argument could be made that the Perfect Strike needed to be fine tuned for space combat...
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020