Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Xenosynth

Re: Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

stagrider wrote:Wait so the woundwort advanced ex.
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/aoz/rx ... er-adv.htm
is not the same unit as this one
http://pgdp.channel.or.jp/gundam/ggow/l ... /img01.png
I dunno. The one there in the SD Game is listed as Haizensurei II-Raa in Katakana, so I assumed it was the Hyzenthlay Rah or something, but maybe they have a different name, that is really weird becuase it looks like the woundwort O_o

Edit: I think I know what is up. The Advanced Fighter Woundwort is developed from the Hyzenthlay, so maybe an alternate name for it could be the Hyzenthlay 2? Sort of how there is a Hrairoo 2 and all that for the Woundwort. And the Rah at the end usually denotes it's connected to the Hrududu units, so in actuality the naming makes sense, BUT we've never seen it called the Hyzenthlay 2. THat is a bit strange, but I can see how it works.
2NA Fish

The naming in Advance of Zeta seems a bit inconsistent. In Mobile Suit Illustrated, there are some different units with the same name so the only differentiation is the model number. Not sure why that is.
bullethead

Been playing Overworld and here are my thoughts on it:

Pro:
-More units
-Custom BGM
-Better animations
-Ships can turn and act in the same turn
-Not as easy to get broken units in the A stages of the world tour
-Over Impact (causing your allies to turn on you) is a great way to units without spending money
-More options for custom characters
-EX missions have no time limits on the break/Over Impact triggers

Cons:
-Difficulty is artificially inflated by by forcing the player to move all over the map to trigger events within a certain number of turns.
-Ship prices have skyrocketed with nothing to compensate for the prices
-The starting ship is STILL a piece of junk
-Multilock attacks have been stripped from many units, decreasing their usefulness
-Custom BGM doesn't always work
-Almost all of the Over Impact triggers rely on doing X within Y amount of turns
-Some of the new units have nothing in terms of animations, stats, and attacks
-Leveling up units seems to take FOREVER unless you happen to be on A4 with the XP cheat enabled or use two skills to boost leveling.
Xenosynth

bullethead wrote:Been playing Overworld and here are my thoughts on it:

Pro:
-More units
-Custom BGM
-Better animations
-Ships can turn and act in the same turn
-Not as easy to get broken units in the A stages of the world tour
-Over Impact (causing your allies to turn on you) is a great way to units without spending money
-More options for custom characters
-EX missions have no time limits on the break/Over Impact triggers

Cons:
-Difficulty is artificially inflated by by forcing the player to move all over the map to trigger events within a certain number of turns.
-Ship prices have skyrocketed with nothing to compensate for the prices
-The starting ship is STILL a piece of junk
-Multilock attacks have been stripped from many units, decreasing their usefulness
-Custom BGM doesn't always work
-Almost all of the Over Impact triggers rely on doing X within Y amount of turns
-Some of the new units have nothing in terms of animations, stats, and attacks
-Leveling up units seems to take FOREVER unless you happen to be on A4 with the XP cheat enabled or use two skills to boost leveling.
I will say that overall I like the game but... I agree on the cons. It took hours of grinding to get a ship I wanted and some of the new units did disappoint. HOWEVER there are a few new units and moves that I enjoy, such as them re-adding the nuke to the Turn A Gundam, and a few other ones here and there. I also love the Delta Kai which is my current best unit probably about tied with the Fiver. The G-Unit-units for the most part are pretty nice too, I've never read the manga but they have upgrades to the mercurius and the vayeate, which are both my favorite designs from Wing. Also a bit disappointing, they only have the EW of the Wing Gundam and Epyon for the new EW versions, I thought we'd be getting the others but apparently not.

One other con that I noticed, I can't remember if this was the case in previous games, but the multilocks now do half damage to units besides the initial one. I swear it always did about equalized damage in previous games but in this one it seems way nerfed.

Overall not bad in terms of G Gen games, but if you weren't a fan of the previous entries I am pretty sure this game isn't for you, and it's probably not going to be the game to get you into the G-Gen series. I'm... still going to be insane and try to 100% it ~_~ Finished all the Core missions, and I am at rank C for the normal missions atm.

Edit: To Clarify, I mean the EW redesigns of the teams FIRST MS's, we still have the Endless Waltz designs for the ones that actually showed up in Endless Waltz.
bullethead

Xenosynth wrote:I will say that overall I like the game but... I agree on the cons. It took hours of grinding to get a ship I wanted and some of the new units did disappoint. HOWEVER there are a few new units and moves that I enjoy, such as them re-adding the nuke to the Turn A Gundam, and a few other ones here and there. I also love the Delta Kai which is my current best unit probably about tied with the Fiver. The G-Unit-units for the most part are pretty nice too, I've never read the manga but they have upgrades to the mercurius and the vayeate, which are both my favorite designs from Wing. Also a bit disappointing, they only have the EW of the Wing Gundam and Epyon for the new EW versions, I thought we'd be getting the others but apparently not.
Yeah, I think what we're seeing is Overworld is that they've definitely hit the upper limit of what the PSP can do and some poor attempts to adjust the balance of the game because people complained World was too easy. I hope the next game comes out on a platform that gives them a lot more room to work with (Vita or Wii U) and all the good stuff that Overworld brought, but with some balance adjustments to make the game less tedious/nonsensical.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to them taking some notes from Firaxis' book and doing a radical rework of the UI and some of the gameplay mechanics in the next game.
ned_2007

The biggest thing that disappoints me personally is that we cannot buy AoZ pilots, unless they are unlocked at certain percentages by getting more MS allowed to be purchased. I was looking forward to having an all Titans army in one warship. At least you can get the whole Yazan team and start raping the enemy. The only thing that is left is to equip the Dogosse Gier with a Minovsky reactor which I don't think is available. Correct me on all of this if otherwise.
AmuroNT1

No, the AoZ pilots have never been in G Generation, just the mecha.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Xenosynth

The closest you can get is one of the custom character outfits, it resembles Eliard Hunter's outfit. All of the new custom character pictures for the most part have outfits that look like ones resembling characters from the show, such as a female in Char's OYW outfit, or a male in Char's CCA outfit, or Yazan's getup from ZZ.

Then again I actually... am weird about it but I refuse to use characters that aren't created by me xD;
AmuroNT1

Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Xenosynth

... Not looking foward to that oh man oh man that is creepy.

I will say I do like that the game however does to crossovers in a way like that. That's pretty awesome that they did. Too bad we don't have ELS versions of many other mobile suits T_T
AmuroNT1

I've been told that if a Small-Type ELS manages to hit one of your units and you don't destroy it on the counterattack, it'll turn into a copy of that unit, but that's as close as it gets.

bullethead

I just realized another con of Overworld - for some reason, capturing units doesn't add them to the store. So you have evolve and devolve back to them in order to get them in there. I could understand this for the units you get through the campaign codes, but I don't why they would do that for the regular units you can capture through the game itself.
Kuruni

It work that way since the first G-Generation game.

Plot-wise, it need some field data for mechanics to understand the unit enough to reverse engineer the captured unit.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Blazer-X

:shock:
Here's to hope that in the next game, they'll have the ELS infect Vagan Gear Sid for a ridiculously crazy final boss. :twisted:
Xenosynth

DuelGundam2099 wrote:So.... It is an ELS Libra?
Yes.

Also, finally beat the game, as well as halfway done with hell mode. I completed most of the MS, I am still missing a few here and there though.

As much as I enjoyed this game I am glad to be done with it. The G Generation games are a stupidly huge timesink.

Now I just have to wait for Gundam Breaker to take up all my time. I still haven't gotten 100% of the MSes in 0081 though and I wanna do that before another Gundam console release :cry:

Speaking of which, anyone know if there's been any more info on Gundam Breaker yet? Or just that TGS Trailer?
AmuroNT1

ELS Libra in Trans-Am.

Cybaster

Blazer-X wrote:
:shock:
Here's to hope that in the next game, they'll have the ELS infect Vagan Gear Sid for a ridiculously crazy final boss. :twisted:
They also have the Devil Halo --- which is exactly what it sounds like --- in one of the EX stages. At least Master Asia doesn't turn on you until the Over Impact. X(

And interestingly enough, Desil trying to reactivate it afterwards by forcing Yurin to become its core in the Farsia. (Because obviously the Devil Gundam requires a woman as its core.) And Scirocco + Cheerleaders showing up to stop him.

Overall, I liked Overworld. Master Skills are interesting if used properly, and they even have all of the Original MSes from Spirits upwards in this game (even the Barbatos Mirage from the best-left-forgotten G Gen 3D) for a bit more variety for your endgame Originals, though I winced at how the system as a whole was nerfed from World to prevent people from doing obscene amounts of damage; Characters can only equip three abilities as opposed to five in World (and some of the abilities have also been nerfed as well, such as Cool-Headed), Multi-hit attacks are just plain gone, upgrades now all give you a flat +250HP/+2EN/+1/+1/+1 bonus per tick, and Hyper Modes are just plain non-existent even for units such as the God Gundam and Master Gundam. Also, not only do some units get their Multi-locks removed, the Multi-lock attacks are also outright nerfed so that it's much harder to cheese through the levels --- Multi-lock attacks now do full Attack Power only against the initial target and half Attack Power against all others afterwards. But all in all, since the World Core and Overworld stages actually *clone* your units outright at Core Impact stat-for-stat, that's a good thing and I can understand how Bandai saw this kind of nerfing necessary.

Though I must also say, I find it interesting that none of the World Tour stage settings in Overworld overlap at all from the settings in World. Sure, some events repeat in Generation Breaks afterwards, but no two stages start on the same canon event twice; They didn't even put in the obligatory Solomon and A Bao A Qu levels in this game because World already used them. For those of you with both games, look through where the stages in Overworld take place, then compare them to where World's stages take place and you'll see what I mean.

That's fine and well, though I wish Overworld gave you an option to load data from a copy of World so you can replay World's World Tour stages using your Overworld teams... :(
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
NastyNate

Gundam extreme vs has finally come down in price a little bit.
http://www.play-asia.com/Mobile_Suit_Gu ... -5j9f.html
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ