The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-9

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Gelgoog Jager

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-9

So, THIS is the answer to the question: how were Gundam Age's gunpla sales doing?
Kei Katsuragi

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Asemu's arc was essential to Age's plot, you cannot just throw it out.
I don't think it was that essential at all. Other than the info dump of removing Federation corruption (which was inconsequential because we saw that the Federation was still plenty corrupt in Gen 3) and setting up Zeheart (whose entire set up could be explained in a few lines of dialogue) Gen 2 was pretty unessential compared to Gen 1 and Gen 3.
Compass

Gelgoog Jager wrote:So, THIS is the answer to the question: how were Gundam Age's gunpla sales doing?
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN969434

A Haro for $20?! SCORE!

Wait, what happened to Haro anyways? We saw it a few times in Arc 2. Did it break by Arc 3?
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Arbiter GUNDAM

No he showed up a few sporadic times in gen 3.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Silver_August

to be fair, more hten half of the stuff there isn't gunpla, but action figures and stuff related to the Cardass and Tri-age who-ha they got going on in super markets over there that were aimed purely at the kids. The only Gunpla they have on sale are a lot of the first Generation suits. The few 2nd Gen suits they have there are grunt suits people don't want anyways because we know the Zedas is a waste, Dorado is...meh, and the Genoese II would look like garbage compared tot he badass O-Custom.

I do want to get my hands ont hat AGE Device though..but I worry from what I see that without the haro or the arcade...or even the AG line of models, that the thing is useless. Does anyone know if it can actually do anything on its own, like games or stuff? I mean for the original price you'd think it would...
Newtype87

Well… on the plus side, I can get the Genoace line of mobile suits for almost nothing.

EDIT: Oh, wait, they don't have the Genoace 1. :(
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
Gelgoog Jager

Newtype87 wrote:Well… on the plus side, I can get the Genoace line of mobile suits for almost nothing.

Yes, they do:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN971537

They also have Wolf's unit and the Genoace II.
Newtype87

Gelgoog Jager wrote:
Newtype87 wrote:Well… on the plus side, I can get the Genoace line of mobile suits for almost nothing.

Yes, they do:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN971537

They also have Wolf's unit and the Genoace II.
Whoops, missed that. Thanks. :)
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
HellCat

Silver_August wrote:to be fair, more hten half of the stuff there isn't gunpla, but action figures and stuff related to the Cardass and Tri-age who-ha they got going on in super markets over there that were aimed purely at the kids. The only Gunpla they have on sale are a lot of the first Generation suits. The few 2nd Gen suits they have there are grunt suits people don't want anyways because we know the Zedas is a waste, Dorado is...meh, and the Genoese II would look like garbage compared tot he badass O-Custom.

I do want to get my hands ont hat AGE Device though..but I worry from what I see that without the haro or the arcade...or even the AG line of models, that the thing is useless. Does anyone know if it can actually do anything on its own, like games or stuff? I mean for the original price you'd think it would...
The AGE Device comes with a clock (no alarm) and 7 basic games which are framed as training to be a pilot. It's stuff like a crane game where you have to grab the right blocks, a memory game where you have to find the 'ball' under one of 4 'cups' and a button mashing game where you have to complete a graphic in time. There's also two variants of a Space Invaders style game and some voice recordings by Millais.

Decent enough for sale prices but it's really a memory card/VMU for the Gageing games. Speaking of, anyone buying Haro should really buy at least one Gageing Builder figure or 3 AG kits. You need either of those setups to play the game it has.

I'm considering getting an extra Haro to take to cons and see how many Gundam VAs I can get to sign it.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Silver_August

HellCat wrote:
The AGE Device comes with a clock (no alarm) and 7 basic games which are framed as training to be a pilot. It's stuff like a crane game where you have to grab the right blocks, a memory game where you have to find the 'ball' under one of 4 'cups' and a button mashing game where you have to complete a graphic in time. There's also two variants of a Space Invaders style game and some voice recordings by Millais.

Decent enough for sale prices but it's really a memory card/VMU for the Gageing games. Speaking of, anyone buying Haro should really buy at least one Gageing Builder figure or 3 AG kits. You need either of those setups to play the game it has.

I'm considering getting an extra Haro to take to cons and see how many Gundam VAs I can get to sign it.
If I had a more steady (and bigger) paycheck and knew my girlfriend wouldn't kill me if I bought all that stuff, I'd snap this stuff up while its cheap...but since I don't have anywhere to put this and I just wanted the AGE device because of the show...I think I'll pass unless I ever see it at a con for cheap,

Besides, I got to consider buying paint so i can fix my Farshia which got sun damaged on one side surprisingly fast considering I didn't have it out in direct sunlight for THAT long...if at all I'm pretty sure I always had it avoiding the sun. Which really sucks too Because I painted mine up to give it a black base and...whatever that shade of purple is for the flower funnels

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... I_0043.jpg there it is if anyone wants to take a look. (before the sundamage which occured on the back right side of it)
Compass

I hope no one is seriously considering buying the Haro to play the LCD game it has x_x. I'd rather have it as a collector's item. Just having a Haro and an AGE Device to pair with my Digivice would be kinda dorky enough for me. (Yes, I have a Digivice Gen 2).
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
HellCat

Compass wrote:I hope no one is seriously considering buying the Haro to play the LCD game it has x_x. I'd rather have it as a collector's item. Just having a Haro and an AGE Device to pair with my Digivice would be kinda dorky enough for me. (Yes, I have a Digivice Gen 2).
The game is fun for what it is. It's basically a G Gen/SRW style game where you face off with teams of a max of 3. If you have an AG team you lose when all 3 of your units are destroyed. If you have a GB, you can play as your own custom but will lose parts along the way and have to replace them.
Compass

I was under the impression that the Haro's LCD screen and the actual I dunno Arcade game that took the Haro/AGE Device were separate.

Isn't Haro's LCD screen one of those almost Tamogatchi-things?
HellCat

Compass wrote:I was under the impression that the Haro's LCD screen and the actual I dunno Arcade game that took the Haro/AGE Device were separate.

Isn't Haro's LCD screen one of those almost Tamogatchi-things?
It's an LCD rectangle with a few sub menus. For instance you need AG/GBs at hand to play the game every time but after you've scanned one it stays in a library that list its attributes. The game itself is basically SRW on LCD screen with your team/machine vs the others in routes roughly based on the generations. In general its a case of which sides attack is more powerful per turn and certain conditions allow you to build up a sure win SP attack. For instance, AGE-FX's SP allows you to attack with C-Funnels.
Compass

I guess that's one way to alienate me understanding how the Haro even works. $20 desk piece isn't so bad, though.
HellCat

Compass wrote:I guess that's one way to alienate me understanding how the Haro even works. $20 desk piece isn't so bad, though.
Eh?
1. Open Haro's mouth
2. Scroll menu, select the game icon (a DODS)
3. Haro asks you to pick a route/match
4. Haro asks you to scan 3 AG kits or 1 GB figure. The scanner is on the bottom of Haro. You hold up to it the AG's backpacks or the 4 GB chips located in the torso, butt and shoulders.
5. Haro reads the unique chips and generates your team/unit.
6. Your team fights a max of 3 enemies in one on one matches, combat loosely based on stone paper scissors.
7. You select if your unit attacks or simply advances. The enemy likewise picks an action and the 'stronger' one wins, deal damage to its opponents HP.
8. If you have a team losing all your HP makes your unit explode and the next one come into play. If all 3 are defeated, you lose.
9. If you have a GB unit, you will eventually have to replace arm, torso and leg components from other figures as they become damaged. Should you only have one figure, the game has weak Genoace parts you can use.
10. When you defeat all the current opponents the stage ends, you earn XP which makes you stronger and the next stage opens.
DuelGundam2099

It has begun.
Spoiler
Am I the only person that liked the Fardian arc the way it was? I am apparently the only person that did not see Age is paced too fast.
Chris
Administrator

Yes, Duel, you are constantly the ONLY person ever who liked _________ when other people didn't.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
DuelGundam2099

Clearly I am this forum's version of Butters. :P Or Kamen Rider Decade, some comparison somewhere.
Kuruni

No. Consider your weird humor, I say you're Noboru Yamaguchi (which is rather awesome guy).
My girlfriend was a loli.