Mecha Anime Wiki

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Chris
Administrator

Re: Mecha Anime Wiki

I would recommend changing either your background image or font color. A dark font on a dark background contrasts poorly and is more difficult to read.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
DuelGundam2099

During my research I noticed a lack of info on mecha anime on wikipedia
Wikipedia nazis have been cracking down on what they think is "cruft" and so far have eliminated a lot of good mecha information. If you want some more juice in your articles pertaining to mecha and their foes I saved and refined loads of it to the Godzilla Wiki.
Spoiler
A lot is still on regular wikipedia, but how long it will last no one can say.
TezukaSensei

Chris wrote:I would recommend changing either your background image or font color. A dark font on a dark background contrasts poorly and is more difficult to read.
Must be something wrong with you display settings. On my screen it's a dark grey font on very light grey background.
DuelGundam2099

So Tezuka, once you have compiled a complete list what will your next phase be?
Chris
Administrator

TezukaSensei wrote:
Chris wrote:I would recommend changing either your background image or font color. A dark font on a dark background contrasts poorly and is more difficult to read.
Must be something wrong with you display settings. On my screen it's a dark grey font on very light grey background.
There's nothing at all wrong with my display settings. I wouldn't call that background light gray at all.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
TezukaSensei

Chris wrote:
TezukaSensei wrote:
There's nothing at all wrong with my display settings. I wouldn't call that background light gray at all.
if you're not seeing light gray then something is wrong. If I make it any lighter it would be white. The font is almost black. I can read all the text perfectly.

Edit: Also, the theme editor doesn't let me set a colour for regular text. I can set font colour for every other type of text, but not the regular text. Weird.
2NA Fish

TezukaSensei, I'm seeing the background as a fairly dark grey as well.
TezukaSensei

DuelGundam2099 wrote:So Tezuka, once you have compiled a complete list what will your next phase be?
Well, I guess some aspects of the project won't be able to be discussed on this forum (ahem), though that stuff will remain separate from the Wiki. It's a great help just to have the list, to be honest. I remember trying to start this project several times on my own over the years, initially starting from the now defunct Japan Hero website, (which had lots of mecha stuff.) The lack of any comprehensive listing and, since I was starting from oldest to newest, seeing the plethora of mecha anime from the 70s & 80s that never saw the light of day in english was often rather discouraging. The existing list was mostly compiled by someone else. I added in the material for the years 2010-2012, (and beyond.) Fortunately, the issues with those old mecha shows is now slowly but surely being resolved. Even the old Japanese G1 Transformers shows are finally on official DVDs (R1 and R4 that I'm aware of.)
2NA Fish wrote:TezukaSensei, I'm seeing the background as a fairly dark grey as well.
Ok fine, I adjusted a couple things. Now the background is a bit brighter.

Also guys, it IS a wiki, so anyone can contribute if you want to. (It would be much appreciated actually.)
TezukaSensei

A quick update. There's still a lot of work to do with Geronimo, (the mecha wiki I started), but I am happy to report that the megalist is now finally fully up to date.

A while ago I had to take a bit of a hiatus on the core project due to my inferior internet connection at the time. However, I now have a better internet.

Not everything is good news though. The work I alluded to at a separate unnamed website has come to a bit of a crossroads. I will not go into any detail, but suffice it to say I have left that website. I don't really know what became of the other users I was working with, but they appear to have gone on hiatus around the same time I did; (I can't say I blame them.) When I left the unnamed website, I was essentially the only user left working on this project.

The silver lining is that the project will continue, and will in fact celebrate its 10 year anniversary at the end of August. I have backed up all critical data for the project that existed on the unnamed website, I just need to relocate it to a new home.

At present I'm working on finding the aforementioned "new home", as well as contacting people who also have "mecha projects" in one form or another. Now that Geronimo's megalist is fully up to date, I believe we are in an excellent position to pool resources in an effort to achieve our common goal.
To be clear, I'm not just looking for anyone that might want to participate in the mecha project I helped create, I'm also offering whatever assistance my mecha project can provide to MAHQ. (As I've pointed out in this thread, there is more than just the Geronimo wiki.)
I've created two channels of communication for the mecha project going forward:
1. #MechaProject on the IRC network Rizon. (This seemed a good idea because a good number of mecha anime fansubbing groups populate Rizon)
2. A Discord server: https://discord.gg/EJGDgcW