The Hopers & Dreamers Corner with SBR

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

The Hopers & Dreamers Corner with SBR

'Sup, gang!

This thread is for my fellow hopers and dreamers out there that listen to Gundamn! @ MAHQ! From time to time in the opening segment of the show, I'll be expressing my hopes and dreams for mecha anime or anime in general. However, your favorite dream slayer, Chris (possibly with Neo's assistance), will be there to shank it like the Scream Killer. Who's brave enough to join me?!

If you are wanting your hopes and dreams heard on future episodes of Gundamn! @ MAHQ, feel free to post them here, as long as they are Anime and/or Mecha related. I'll read them during the end of the opening segment and then they will be open for ol' "Ghostface" himself to dissect them to pieces. You'll hear the first example of this from yours truly when Ep. 109 drops!

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger! Have at it, gang!
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Dollow

Re: The Hopers & Dreamers Corner with SBR

I am willing to wait for things to get better, I guess my biggest hope is for anime dubs to never died and for people to stop disregarding them, and for others to stop putting down the fans who like them. That's my biggest hope, a theme from Gundam 00, Understanding.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
ZeonsSilverStar

Something I've never been fond of is fandom rivalries and would like to see end. I go to certain places and feel like I can't mention certain shows, I trying to avoid naming names, since there will be some huge knee jerk reaction. This is even worse when you're apart of both. I just that one day we can all coexist, sorry for sounding corny.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Arbiter GUNDAM

BWAHAHAHA!!! The Crossroad Crew returns!! I will join you Soul Bro!

One dream I have is that the Japanese may one day make a live action Gundam or Macross movie, like the Yamato one they did recently. Will it ever actually happen? Who knows Highlander, who knows?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
yazi88

This is a long shot, but I actually want to see a resolution in the Cosmic Era world rather than just the pathetic pipedream of the holier than thou Kira and the Superfriends winning the war at the end of Destiny. Who knows when the damn SEED movie will come out or if will even have any decent writing! Its sad that VS Astray started mentioning a 3rd War in Cosmic Era while the movie is still in production hell with the same incompetent writer and director.
Kei Katsuragi

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote: Who knows Highlander, who knows?
I SWEAR TO GOD ARBITER, IF YOU MAKE ANOTHER HIGHLANDER II REFERENCE-

Ahem... A nice little release of an Orguss boxset in the states would be lovely. Or, anything Orguss really. I just really like Orguss.
daigundam lagaan

I wish and hope for an OVA of an FF Dissidea-like team up for the Gundam Protagonists. Just a non-canon OVA where every main character from Original series(including Char to AGE(all three Generations in their kid versions) are sucked from their timeline into some weird dimension to fight the Dark Gundam modified by the EXA-DB which is also melded with the Turn-X. Basically the Gundam Vs. games in OVA form, and all the characters actually interact with eachother. We'll also add in some rivalries, bonding, envy against amuro, fistfights between Kira and Shinn, and Bullying against Kio. I doubt i'm the only one who wants this too!

Speaking of Kio abuse, I also want more physical abuse by captains, more fistfights, and more hand-to-hand combat in future Gundams. And I want a Shakti/Lacus figure to die over the Lalah figure.
Last edited by daigundam lagaan on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.
Varnis

Is it wrong for me to want to hope and dream for a villain that ISN'T covered in Char Cliches and can actually last more than 10 minutes against the protagonist on multiple occasions
What more can i say? That's the way things are!
Chris
Administrator

Kei Katsuragi wrote:Ahem... A nice little release of an Orguss boxset in the states would be lovely. Or, anything Orguss really. I just really like Orguss.
You already had your box set release years ago...and now it's out of print. DREAM CRUSHED!!
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
mobiusdiablo

Chris wrote:
Kei Katsuragi wrote:Ahem... A nice little release of an Orguss boxset in the states would be lovely. Or, anything Orguss really. I just really like Orguss.
You already had your box set release years ago...and now it's out of print. DREAM CRUSHED!!
AND THERE HE IS, the Dreamkiller himself!

I would like AGE to be either redone competently (in perhaps 1 gen equals 1 movie) or get the G-Savior treatment; doom it to obscurity FOREVER!
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
Kei Katsuragi

Chris wrote:
I said NICE! But perhaps saying a re-release was in order. So there. A re-release.
Flame-X

daigundam lagaan wrote: ONE MORE!
a new macross series in the vein of Mac7 where ViViD is the main band. With Atsuko Maeda as one of the female Protagonists
I'll 1 up you there for ViViD. It'd be refreshing to see a visual kei artist/band do music for a new Macross series. Also recruit Luna Sea, Janne Da Arc, or maybe Gackt as rival musicians to add to the story.

Just to add another dream, gimme domestic release of the entire Macross franchise, that includes the music and toys as well.
Kei Katsuragi

I have another dream! I want Harmony Gold to commit corporate suicide!

So, Flame-X's dream will come true!
yazi88

I want a FEMALE masked rival in a Gundam series for once rather than masked dudes. It might even help with competent female characters especially pilots in the Gundam franchise.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Kei Katsuragi wrote: I SWEAR TO GOD ARBITER, IF YOU MAKE ANOTHER HIGHLANDER II REFERENCE-
Referencing Sean Connery is never a bad thing. :wink:

--Freyja Wion
Kei Katsuragi

Arbiter GUNDAM

I've never seen that movie and it looks like I don't want to. :D

--Freyja Wion
Arbiter GUNDAM

See here's another hopeful dream: That one day soon, Star Trek will return to television... but without Rick Berman.

--Freyja Wion
Strike Zero

Some day we will recieve a State-side release of Super Robot Wars Original Generations, Super Robot Wars OG Gaiden and the 2nd Super Robot Wars Original Generations, fully translated with interchangeable English and Japanese language audio tracks, bundled together in a exquisitely packaged box set complete with a bonus die-cast model of the SRX and all 26 episodes of the Blu-Ray Release of Super Robot Wars OG: The Inspector.

GET ON IT, ATLUS. MAKE IT HAPPEN, DAMMIT.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Ledah_GrimAngel

Hello everyone, like the idea. My hopes and dreams.

1- Gundam X gets remade with the 49 intended episodes and released in north america in Blu-ray.

2- Release the Super Robot Taisen Original Generations as a port for the vita and Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Taisen OG in english.

Very curious about the next Chaos Theater, "full of hate" episode.
TRUE POWER LIES WITHIN THE HEART OF DARKNESS

98% de los adolescentes han fumado, si eres del dichoso 2% que no lo ha hecho, copia y pega esto en tu firma.