Gundam Extreme VS.

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
AmuroNT1

Re: Gundam Extreme VS.

Xenosynth wrote:Mm, yes please, I'd be interested in learning about the others. For me all I have atm is the BD1 and the Hi-Nu. Beyond that I really didn't know what else to get so I got 0081 DLC instead (Gerbera Tetra wooooo).
Lemme see...

The Zeong plays a lot like the version from Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus, except that its charge shot and sub-weapon were swapped. The CS is its mouth beam, which is like a standard BR and can be used during any other move (and since the head detaches, it hits out of angle); the CS is the chest beam, which is a standard gerobi type. It has a double hand beam shot that's an auto-down, and of course can fight with rocket punches and a booster stomp. And on top of all this, it has a Revive in the form of the head, which can only use a regular beam and the gerobi. Overall it's slower than past incarnations, only getting decent speed during EX Burst.

The-O is surprisingly mobile for a machine of its size, but due to its limited arsenal it relies heavily on assists, summoning the Palace Athene to do a saber slash that stuns and the Bolinoah Sahmann to guard and provide support fire. It has some rather mean melee strings as well as a Pressure move, and an odd charge shot where it slides along the ground and fires four beam rifles (one in each hand, including hidden hands). Rather like the Kshatriya, it has a hidden hand grab that's accompanied by a ghost/Newtype image of Scirocco.

The Gottrlatan is, quite simply, the friendly fire machine. Its moveset includes spreading high-explosive missiles, a scattering beam, a high-power beam with homing missiles, and a Rig Contio assist that fires rapid beams (or, alternately, can rush forward and grab the opponent). The reload times on the mega beam cannon attacks (the explosive missiles are its Shooting CS) are just enough that you can be a holy terror if you know what you're doing. Amusingly, it has a Melee CS where it leaps forward, grabs the enemy, and starts shanking them with its beam tonfa. Finally, it can transform by docking with the cannon and flying around.

Freedom Gundam is an interesting alternative to the Strike Freedom, and IMO better overall. It uses the basic set-up from past games but throws in a few good changes. The CS summons Justice to do a flyby slash that launches the enemy, leaving them open to just about anything. As an alternative to the beam cannons, you can use the railcannons, which fire faster but have shorter range and worse elasticity. On top of this, its Special Melee is a barrel roll move that's good for fast evasion and you can use pretty much all its standard moves (including the Hi-MAT) during. All in all it's just got a lot of ranged options that really let you control the flow of a firefight. As an nice touch, when you use EX Burst, the cut-in of Kira has a ghost image of Flay over it.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Xenosynth

Sweet! Thanks for the rundown. I am considering the Zeong since I enjoyed it in GvGNext+ on the PSP, as well as The-O. The Freedom I actually probably would like more than the Strike Freedom, mostly due to personal taste.

Sadly, given how much I am still relying on partners when on PSN, I think the Gottrlatan may not be for me. Though it might be fun for a go while doing trial mode.

At the same time, I am pretty sure they'll release a full boost version of the game. However the DLC is relatively cheap. Decisions decisions @_____@
AmuroNT1

I loved the Zeong in Next Plus too, but the loss in speed really hurts its performance. If you do use it, the best way to do so is long-range harassment, because anything closer means the other guy has a chance to interrupt you, and probably will. It seems to have low priority, but that might just be my perspective.

The-O is pretty odd too, since in N+ it was based around the Awakenings but those get thrown out in favor of Scirocco's Booty Squad. I'd almost say that between the two games it became an entirely different machine.

Gottrlatan CAN be trouble, so you've got to be really careful with it. The spread cannon has a random firing arc (since it represents the time Usso blocked the cannon with the V2's mega beam shield), so you can never be sure where it'll go (and it generates small explosions on hit). One problem with the missiles is that if you aren't careful when you launch them, an enemy attack will hit them right out of the gate, which will set it off, which will set off all the others, and you'll eat a faceful of explosion. However, the cannon+missiles and Rig Contio assists are great, and it's got a fast, straightforward melee set. So really, all you need to do is be extremely careful with the spread cannon and missiles and you'll be fine. OTOH, these same qualities mean that it's a monster on Trial Missions where you fight a horde of smaller enemies.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

domino

AmuroNT1 wrote:Yes, but you only get 40 shots out of the shield Gatling (more if you EX Burst to reload) before it's discarded in favor of a cruddy vulcan-level gun.
True but when you consider that the Gouf Custom's gatling has equal range to Heavyarms, better tracking and better damage then you can clearly see how cruel that MS really is in this game.

Add in its insane melee dash capabilities and the ridiculous versatility of its grappling cable (and the fact that it's very easy to chain combos especially in melee) then the Gouf Custom is REALLY a monster of a 1000 pt - tier MS.

Can anyone say how the Efreet Custom plays?
AmuroNT1

Say, as in having used it first-hand? Sadly, no. But here are some gameplay vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5TG27hZ1W4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4YmSLrt2M8

EDIT: BTW Xeno, if you can wait a few days, I can record some instruction videos for the DLC suits to give you an idea of what they do and how they perform to see if they're the kind of thing you'd wanna buy.

Xenosynth

Thanks for the offer Amuro!

If you aren't too busy that'd be awesome ^^

Edit: Trying to also write up an S Gundam/Ex-S move list. I know it's very unlikely it'd end up even in full boost, but I can dream~! The Deep Striker + Dendrobium could totally be a tag team boss fight.
domino

Sounds like a fun idea. I decided to try my hand with Kyrios (since both Arios and Harute are assists already)

I based it off of the Zeta Gundam and took the template from http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/641161-kido ... faqs/63453

GN-003 Gundam Kyrios
Pilot: Allelujah Haptism

Cost: 2000GP
HP: 520

EX Burst Attack: Tail booster GN bomb & Beam Cannon Attack
EX Burst Effect: Trans-AM
Special Abilities: None

(Mobile Suit mode)
A: GN Beam Submachine Gun
CSa: Dual Missile Launchers
AB: GN vulcans
AC: Super-soldier (Hallelujah) Awakening
BC: Summon tail unit w/ missile launcher (lasts 30 seconds) – instant transformation

2B: GN pincer shield attack

CC8B: Tackle opponent with pincer shield in Mobile Armour mode (will transform if in Mobile Suit mode)
PowerdGNFlag

domino wrote:Sounds like a fun idea. I decided to try my hand with Kyrios (since both Arios and Harute are assists already)

I based it off of the Zeta Gundam and took the template from http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/641161-kido ... faqs/63453

GN-003 Gundam Kyrios
Pilot: Allelujah Haptism

Cost: 2000GP
HP: 520

EX Burst Attack: Tail booster GN bomb & Beam Cannon Attack
EX Burst Effect: Trans-AM
Special Abilities: None

*snip*
How about a Revive (similar to the situation in the last battle of S1, Kyrios missing its rifle, an arm and a leg) where it is airborne/floating and only attacks based on the pincer shield are available?
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
domino

I approve of that Revive idea!
RX-93v2_Hi-Nu

Xenosynth wrote:Sweet! Thanks for the rundown. I am considering the Zeong since I enjoyed it in GvGNext+ on the PSP, as well as The-O. The Freedom I actually probably would like more than the Strike Freedom, mostly due to personal taste.

Sadly, given how much I am still relying on partners when on PSN, I think the Gottrlatan may not be for me. Though it might be fun for a go while doing trial mode.

At the same time, I am pretty sure they'll release a full boost version of the game. However the DLC is relatively cheap. Decisions decisions @_____@
These might help you make a choice...

The O
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnsUB0GeyWo

Freedom Gundam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-Ne5xW1 ... ure=relmfu

Blue Destiny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLcJkR-nIrM

Arche Gundam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoOAqpxqJBM&feature=plcp

Couldn't find wiki videos for Gottrlattan or Zeong...
Mattro

i have a question, which gundam game is better Gundam Unicorn ps3 game or this Gundam Vs Extreme? which is more bang for my buck, cause both look really good
SlowTurtle

I'd go with Gundam Extreme Vs. myself but thats just me.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
Xenosynth

Ex-S Gundam
Pilot: Ryu Roots

Cost: 3000GP
HP: 700

EX Burst Attack: None
EX Burst Effect: Alice System

a: Beam Smart Gun
ac: Set Up Reflector Incoms
4/6ac (After Reflector Incoms sent out): Reflect shot on left/right incom.
CSa: Hip Cannons
nb: Beam Saber
2b: Boosted Tackle (Knockdown)
8b: Beam Saber Stab > Point Blank Hip Cannon shot
ab: Beam Cannons (Backpack)
bc: G-Cruiser Ram

xD; I was having a trouble with couple of the moves, and I still don't know how to implement the head incom with his attack style ~_~
Last edited by Xenosynth on Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
2NA Fish

So, Speigel will be available in Full Boost next week. Promo video being shown at Chara Hobby, and will probably be online shortly.
AmuroNT1

From what I've seen and heard, Spiegel plays almost identically to its appearance in Next Plus, the only difference being some move rearrangements (the Rising assist being ac, the Bunshin attack being its EX Burst).

Mattro

has the RX-121 Gundam TR-1 [Hazel] Custom made it in this game yet?
Xenosynth

Trust me, if Sentinel isn't in it, AoZ is probably definitely off the radar xD However cool that would be since the AoZ designs are some of my favorite.

With the introduction of the Spiegel I wonder if most of the 'new' units are going to be ones from GvGN+, such as the Kampfer or maybe Nobel Gundam.
ZeonsSilverStar

The Nobel Gundam is a part of the God Gundams new EX Burst so I don't know if it will playable. Now the fact that the Age, in any of its forms, hasn't appeared yet confuses me.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Xenosynth

Ahh, I didn't see the new EX-Bursts yet. No more burger king from God Gundam? Also, more speculation, perhaps Shining Gundam?

Speaking of which, if anyone wishes to add on PSN, I'd be happy to play this if anyone else is still playing it. Adding PSN account to my signature now.
quasadra

ZeonsSilverStar wrote:Now the fact that the Age, in any of its forms, hasn't appeared yet confuses me.
they either saving it for the inevitable console port, or the update has not reach them yet. just wait and we will get it eventually. i doubt they will skip it.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC