Gundam Extreme VS.

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Cipher8492

Gundam Extreme VS.

Okay, so...when I first saw this game, I was excited beyond belief because it looked amazing. It was already out so I wanted to get a PS3 so I could buy it (still don't have it, still savin'). so about a week ago my bros and I got it for my friend's birthday. So we played it relentlessly and I have to say it was one of the best gundam games, or even best game in general, that I've ever played. I've played other VS. titles from here in the States but this was something else entirely. The beautiful graphics, the smooth gameplay, the action-packed battles; I've only played it for a couple hours and I still love it. Anyway, I just wanted to see if those who played the game love it as much as I do. And if u havent't played it, you should. It's amazing.
Compass

Re: Gundam Extreme VS.

I think I saw it in Taiwan. Was miffed a bunch of newbies were playing it. Read: HOGGING IT SO I COULD only look at the models. Weapons info on the side with an SD-shaped screen to clear up the view right?

Looked pretty good, but the two newbies were pretty horrible at the game. I haven't played a G game since SEED Destiny RVZ2 Final PLUS, but it looked nice. I also liked the widescreen set up to clear the view.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
steeltamashii

I remember playing Titans vs. AEUG a looooong time ago, but this one looks like the gameplay is alot way less sluggish then TvA. Does this one have any mecha from the 00 movie? I'd love to go around destroying stuff in the Quanta XD
My personal blog: gusteeltamashii.tumblr.com
Watch Gamers Unrated LIVE on Wednesdays @ 3PM Eastern Time at:
www.royalcrownstudios.com/radio!
Also watch past episodes on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/user/GamersUnratedShow
And follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gamersunrated
I am a HUcast. To know what you are take the quiz here.
domino

I own the game. I never thought I'd get a ps3 but I got one JUST for this game!

It definitely is better than the other Vs series and is miles beyond SEED Destiny RVZ2 Final PLUS in almost every category while still looking damn pretty!

It has suits from 00 (including Quan-T) however the sequel EXtreme VS Full Boost has even more Gundams! Full Boost is currently only available in arcades.

Anyone who loves Gundam and/or loves a good fighting game......you NEED to get this!
AmuroNT1

Comparing ExVs to the older Vs games (the ones that came out in the US especially) is apples and oranges. The fact that we stopped at Gundam vs Zeta is honestly really disappointing because that's the point just before the series started kicking real ass. Just some of the innovations that came down the pipe since then:

-Combat is much faster, as noted
-Introducing Charge Shots
-Introducing Boost Dashing (as well as boost-cancelling and step-cancelling)
-Melee is actually useful, being dependent upon what button you hold (IE Forward, Side, etc) as opposed to what state you're in (standing, side-stepping, etc)
-Refining the Awakenings (replacing the Revival with the combo-friendly Rush)
-Actually making the Shoot + Jump and Melee + Jump commands useful by assigning real weapons to them
-Making the score more forgiving by removing the Shots Fires/Shots Landed from the tally
-Overall more unit variety
-Assist characters

On top of that, ExVs and its sequel finally upgrade the graphics from the old Dreamcast-era Naomi tech to the more modern System 357 (the same board used for Tekken 6), meaning destroyed buildings no longer elevator into the ground like they're in Tokyo-3.

Honestly, it's really hard to just describe the changes. If you want to see some Youtube videos, the users "fannel13sazaby", "maguneko", and "Snarfx0r" have plenty of gameplay vids (Snarfx0r is posting Full Boost vids while the other two stopped with ExVs).

And I'd love to see more people get this game, but at the moment it's still pretty expensive despite having come out in December. You might end up having to wait for it to become a Best Seller before grabbing a copy, but that might not hit until FB comes out...
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
SlowTurtle

Cipher if like I have a extra copy of Gundan Extreme Vs. If you like hit me up with a PM.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
AmuroNT1

So recently I got an EasyCap video capture device, and I've started recording some gameplay vids of ExVs mostly for fun. Here's what I've got so far:

God vs. Master: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c86eG8xP6c (This was my first vid so the quality's worse than the others)

Dynames vs. Arche: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVkZ2OiWpTo

Gundam X finale: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NW-ont7AU8

Endless Waltz stage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJEA5Ks_rDM

Red Frame vs. Freedom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4CzL8OdzUI

Blue Destiny vs. Gundam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-atBmnSaoA

Full Cloth vs. Divinidad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu6o5YCt06I

More to come in the future.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

2NA Fish

NINJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

http://gundam-vs.jp/extreme/acfb/index.html
DuelGundam2099

Audhulma confirmed for background scenary and Hambarbi confirmed as a playable unit. What is with the ninja cry?
AmuroNT1

There's an image out there confirming Gundam Spiegel. Also, the Hambrabi was in a voting contest against the Mk-II/Super Gundam and came out on top (the Mk-II will still get in, just not for a couple more weeks).

And the Adhumula stage is Neo Hong Kong (Zeta ver., not G).

DuelGundam2099

That was Spiegel? *looks at home page* DARN IT HOW THE HELL DID I MISS THAT!?
2NA Fish

He's a ninja. He could hide in plain sight and you still wouldn't be able to see him. :P
AmuroNT1

2NA Fish

You've just convinced me to dust off my copy and play the campaign again. :D
domino

Dust off???

How were you able to put it down?

Seriously though, the Gouf Custom must be one of the sickest melee suits in this game. I'm still impressed at its massive range with the gatling and the grappling heat rod as well as its insane boost. It's no wonder it was gimped in Full Boost. Just look at the damage from the gatling: 15pts PER BULLET! CRAZY!!!
AmuroNT1

Yes, but you only get 40 shots out of the shield Gatling (more if you EX Burst to reload) before it's discarded in favor of a cruddy vulcan-level gun.

Xenosynth

I'm still trying to finish all the trial missions with S rank. I will say, so far the Gouf Custom fully leveled has done better than any other suit for me (especially when paired with the -500 cost skill).

Also, apparently 2channel is saying that full boost will have a total of 97 MS. If so that means we should be seeing a LOT more. DOn't know where they get their numbers though.

However, I am still holding out on maybe Ex-S or S Gundam being in it xD

Also, wondering if anyone here has the Arche DLC and if they could tell me if it'd be worth it? I only have the Blue Destiny unit 1 right now, and I do love playing as it, so I was wondering if the Arche would be fun as well xD Considering it's one of the few 00 main series designs I really like.
AmuroNT1

I'm pretty sure all the 2channel rumors for FB are fake. After all, they included the Evolve version of the RX-78, as well as stuff from Wing TV despite Bamco saying that EW was Wing's representative.

I ended up getting all the DLC suits. Regarding Arche, it's broke as all hell. Main is a beam rifle like Exia's, except that you stop moving when you use it; that's just about the ONLY bad thing about it. It has Fangs as a charge shot (meaning infinite ammo), a fast-firing Fang support move to make up for the cruddy BR, beam saber Fangs as a ranged stun, fast melee moves, and a quick evade that lets you do some mean combos.

If you're curious about the other DLC machines I'd be glad to tell you (would post videos but I'm out of town this week). Overall, I don't regret purchasing any of them, not least of all because they were pretty economically priced.

Xenosynth

Mm, yes please, I'd be interested in learning about the others. For me all I have atm is the BD1 and the Hi-Nu. Beyond that I really didn't know what else to get so I got 0081 DLC instead (Gerbera Tetra wooooo).
2NA Fish

domino wrote:Dust off???

How were you able to put it down?
Broke the button I use for Jump/Boost on my joystick. Haven't had time to get it fixed, and I hate playing on pad. :(

I miss Gouf Custom from original GvG. 3 ammo on heat rod allowing for ridiculous mobility, and super high damage combos rivaling that of 3000s.