The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Third Generation

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
ShadowCell

The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Third Generation

y'all know how this works. spoiler tags, back up claims with sources, don't be gigantic dickbags, and give me $50 every time you post.
Deathzealot wrote:So basically the AGE-3 was developed independently by Flit with no regard to Kio's fighting style or his X-Rounder powers. But the AGE-FX is developed with Kio's style and powers in mind. Hmmm...interesting.
GNRoyalFlash24

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Mecha Thread Third Generation

Speaking of the latest episode which is released now on Bandai's youtube channel, Girard's Theilva seems to be equipped with something similar to NGE's dummy system and the block words for the extended from GSD. IMO since it made her believe that she IS Girard Spriggan instead of Reina.
E08

Dummy system? Where did you get that? Do you mean the part where the system she is testing went wild? If that is the case, i believe that is simply the outside controller refusing to stop the test. Different from how NGE's dummy system work.

I wouldnt say that she has block word, what happen at the end seems to be some kind of X-rounder phenomenon. It is most likely that she change her name to Girard in memory of her boyfriend.
GNRoyalFlash24

E08 wrote:Dummy system? Where did you get that? Do you mean the part where the system she is testing went wild? If that is the case, i believe that is simply the outside controller refusing to stop the test. Different from how NGE's dummy system work.

I wouldnt say that she has block word, what happen at the end seems to be some kind of X-rounder phenomenon. It is most likely that she change her name to Girard in memory of her boyfriend.
Yeah, it was a raw judgement on my part. I'll view again the episode to re-check the Thielva's specs.
Arbiter GUNDAM

How do these non-physical bits work? Is it some kind of energy field?

(mails a check to ShadowCell for emphasis)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Janx_Dolaris

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:How do these non-physical bits work? Is it some kind of energy field?

(mails a check to ShadowCell for emphasis)
Probably, but I doubt we're likely to get more explanation than that, AGE is pretty skimpy on the mechanical details. Beyond the DODS rifle I dont think they have really explained any of their new to gundam tech.
nacho-wan

I'm glad that the mecha designers recycle the G-Bouncer design. At least some the tech tree of this 100 year war make more sense that the characters geneanology.

As for the Fawfarsia or whatever it is called, I keep thinking it is a cheerleader or a gymnastic girl with padded armor
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Janx_Dolaris

I dont consider it any sillier than the FX controlling its C-Funnels with arm movements.
Arbiter GUNDAM

It's not that it's silly, I just wanna know how it works.

(mails another check to SC for emphasis.)

--Freyja Wion
nacho-wan

Janx_Dolaris wrote:I dont consider it any sillier than the FX controlling its C-Funnels with arm movements.
THAT is on a league of its own.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
SniperBlade

I must say, I enjoy that AGE-FX's inventive use of its C-Funnels, forming of different shields and movement techniques during battle. Though as with all Gundam series, I am getting tired of its preaching during battle thing, but that's beside the point.

I noticed in the battle the C-funnels made something like a beam shield. I thought they where just swords on boosters, unless I missed something. This just a beam shield, the Funnels moving at high speeds, or is it some X rounder field of lost soul energy?(lol)

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w78/ ... 48s201.png
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w78/ ... 46s182.png

On a different note, nice to see Mobile suits using cover in combat. Until they get the case of stand-thereitus later on.
Compass

I assume they're just flying really fast.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
GNRoyalFlash24

Speaking of weapon/mobile suit hijacking, The Thielva's way of doing was somehow simple in comparison to how the Unicorn or the Nadleeh or Seraphim doe their hijacking. A sudden X-rounder shock and voila, weapons hijacked! (maybe it's just that I was expecting a dramatic or technical execution)

IMO, it was great to see that the Age-1's wrist blades serves as rifle, saber and solid sword ala Exia. :D
nacho-wan

@GNR: I doubt that was in the blueprints of the Thielva or hte bottlegged Muzel. It is an Xrounder phenomenom; a manifestation of how pretty and bare are the humans that devolved to a feral anger.
-Henry I. Miller
E08

A bit of correction here, EF's X-rounder device is not really a bootleg mucell. If i remember correctly, the mucell is to give X-rounder like capabilities to normal human while EF's device is to amplify the abilties of X-rounder.
Evex

I was just looking at Gundam.info, and found a page that gives information on a few of the MS we had previously discussed in the last Gundam AGE thread. The below comes directly from Gundam.info, and the link to the site will be given at the bottom of the post.

【Gundam AGE-1 Razor】
An evolution of the Spallow built for extreme speeds. Its arm-mounted Razor Blades make up for the power and reach the Spallow sacrificed in pursuit of speed.
Along with even greater cutting power than the Shiguru Blade, the Razor Blades can be detached and thrown. The AGE-1 Razor is truly unrivaled in melee.

【Gundam AGE-2 Artemis】
Based on lessons learned from the defense of Big Ring, this suit specializes in area defense. Its dual shoulder-mounted long-range rifles can wipe out incoming enemies in the blink of an eye. It can also transform into a high-powered, highly mobile fighter in its Glider Mode.

【Gundam AGE-1 Walzes】
Covered in Mirror Shields, this AGE Wear reflects beam attacks. By gathering energy, it can deploy a Mirror Barrier.

【Gundam AGE-2 Double Blade】
Equipped with scissor-shaped shields on either arm, this unique Wear doesn't just block enemy attacks, but tears enemies open at close range while firing the bladed portions at more distant enemies.

【Gundam AGE-3 Tangram】
An AGE Wear with the rough appearance of an armored medieval soldier. Along with the rest of its fierce melee arseneal, its shoulder-mounted Dagon Hammers can crush any enemy in a single blow.

Link to page: http://en.gundam.info/topic/7292
Arbiter GUNDAM

In other words, they saved all the good stuff for the games? :twisted:

--Freyja Wion
Evex

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:In other words, they saved all the good stuff for the games? :twisted:
It seems that way since level 5 is originally a game company. I found a link to the main games site off the article and there seem to be a bunch of new wares for the Gundams. I can't even translate the names, so I'll just give a link to the actual site in hopes some one can do the translations.

Link to site: http://age-game.channel.or.jp/ms/age1-sword.php
GNRoyalFlash24

Concerning Sid's weapon loadout, aside from wing binder mounted missile launchers and leg beam cannons, what other weapons do you think it carries?

With a char clone on the control of Legilis, we see it utilizing all its weapons in a beginner's start, and it was three times faster with Zeheart than with Ezelcant although the latter's health is to be taken into consideration.
Arsarcana

Evex wrote:I found a link to the main games site off the article and there seem to be a bunch of new wares for the Gundams. I can't even translate the names, so I'll just give a link to the actual site in hopes some one can do the translations.
From left to right, top to bottom. Names are best guesses where appropriate.

Age-1

Swordia
Gundead
Magina
Starks
Razor
Worzes
Earies
Blocker
Berzerga (not quite berserker, not quite a Votoms mecha)
Beaks
Goliath

Age-2

Phoenix
Zantetsu
Double Blade
Artemis
Sierg
Gardia
Vice
Judgia
Wolf