The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-6

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-6

There's your usual thread on 4chan and yazi88 mentioned it in his post.
Spoiler
Fram fights Kio, Zeheart fights Asemu, Fram is Dole Frost's sister, funnels everywhere, Spriggan comes to the rescue.
Episode was mostly fightan, but like I said I thought it was really good.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
DuelGundam2099

So after nearly three months of nothing, Fram the not-Ruri shows up and does jack squat. I can safely say that I really do not like the Fawnfarisa, it looks and fights like a magic girl. :? At least it knocked FX down a peg. Also, who is this Girad person that suddenly showed up? Does anyone remember he from earlier episodes because I do not. Also, a G-Exes with vagan technology? Seems cool in it's own right.
Destiny_Gundam

Girad was mentioned but never shown until the last episode.

And yeah, the Fawnfaria's magical stick should make it obvious, though it also calls the Nobel Gundam to mind (which was also based off a magical girl).
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
DuelGundam2099

^G didn't take itself seriously like Age so here it is somewhat uncalled for.
MarshalBraginsky

The rematch between Asemu and Zeheart gets so exciting though. Though it's the Heart against the Super Pirate.
Compass

Fram... was not Magnificent. This episode really felt like nothing of importance happened, mostly because a quarter of it consisted of flashback footage =_=
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
HellCat

Compass wrote:Fram... was not Magnificent. This episode really felt like nothing of importance happened, mostly because a quarter of it consisted of flashback footage =_=
If it feels like an extra 15 minutes could have smoothed things over by the end, at least we know where to place the blame.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Here is Soma and her daily dose of positivity towards Age:

I actually thought Fram did a good job...considering how she admits that she had almost NO piloting experience and managed to put a stop to Kio and the FX. Do you guys really think Zeheart would have done better? And I am looking forward to this Girad girl...since next episode seems to be completely about her, flashbacks to her defection included!
DuelGundam2099 wrote:^G didn't take itself seriously like Age so here it is somewhat uncalled for.
Have you seen some of the mecha in this show? I mean, sure the flowery petals are a little much...but it doesn't look out of place. I mean what, you have no problem with the Age-3 doing a spinning pose with the Age symbol behind it when it forms...but you have a problem with a little flower power that emulates the Nobel Gundam?

Anyway, I do agree that this show had a little too much on the flashback side, but I think it was to remind us of what happened in the past and set up the next few episodes...you know, just to tell us the sakes. Remember that we haven't gotten a clip-show episode yet in Age...so I guess this could be kind of considered one...

And hey the flashbacks weren't all that useless. It reminded me that when Asemu and Zeheart only worked together in episode 27 because they both wanted to protect the Earth...and yeah they might have had a friendly conversation, but that doesn't make them friends again NOR does it change the fact that they are on opposite sides. So now Zehearts words of "we will settle the score between us this time" make a little more sense. At least in my opinion.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Wingnut

HellCat wrote:
Compass wrote:Fram... was not Magnificent. This episode really felt like nothing of importance happened, mostly because a quarter of it consisted of flashback footage =_=
If it feels like an extra 15 minutes could have smoothed things over by the end, at least we know where to place the blame.
I'm having really bad vibes about being like Destiny here. In short, DO NOT WANT!
Soma Taozi wrote:And hey the flashbacks weren't all that useless. It reminded me that when Asemu and Zeheart only worked together in episode 27 because they both wanted to protect the Earth...and yeah they might have had a friendly conversation, but that doesn't make them friends again NOR does it change the fact that they are on opposite sides. So now Zehearts words of "we will settle the score between us this time" make a little more sense. At least in my opinion.
That was really the only one that was worth the time to go back for.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
DuelGundam2099

but you have a problem with a little flower power that emulates the Nobel Gundam?
It is not so much the flower funnels I have an issue with as much as I do having them controlled by a not-magic wand. Couldn't they have added some spikes and call it a mace? It would make sense for close combat purposes; this just looks like a subpar club. :?
Outlaw

Between visiting Zeheart in the locker room and having Kio call out to her I was expecting Fram to become another Lalah character but, then she just gives him a summary WTF and resumes fighting.
hmmm I wonder if that was a deliberate tease?
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Arbiter GUNDAM

Since this thread is almost over, I'll just say a couple of things.

First, Fawnfarsia. Worst. MS. Ever. And ripping off Allenby's fighting style. Major no-no. (and just so you know, I didn't actually have a problem with the original Farsia.)

Second, why did they have to Fukuda us?

Oh and is it just me or has the Gundapedia become very sparse?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
DuelGundam2099

Because they forgot to in 00.
Sume Gai

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:First, Fawnfarsia. Worst. MS. Ever.
really? I mean Really? Be honest with yourselves here people there's no way it could be -that- bad. especially if you liked the original. It's mainly a repaint with a hand held staff.
And ripping off Allenby's fighting style. Major no-no.
same weapon =/= same fighting style I Allenby used a lot more spins and whirls in her combat not to mention the addition of bits. Fran's whip use was more aggressive and unrefined in comparison which makes sense as functionally it is a secondary weapon to the bits.
You'll have to define what this even means but I'm guessing that has to be about Kio's new motivations and objective. Kira's desire not to kill if possible never bothered me and I fail to see why that bothered everyone else so much.

It's an overly idealistic position, true, but that doesn't mean it's not a goal worth aiming for. World peace and equality may be a practically impossible goal but that doesn't make it worth trying even moving a little bit closer to this can make people's lives better. When you've seen proof that the enemy is as human as you are it it's a pretty obvious position to take if you actually can.

As for the bit with Fram I have to say I liked how that bit was handled she rejected Kio's offer without coming off as outright evil like most people who didn't listen to Lacus and Kira did (especially in Destiny).
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
DuelGundam2099

You'll have to define what this even means
It means people complaining about flashbacks because stock footage is a no-no for every anime made after 1999. Western Gundam fans have a reverse hard-on for SEED for stock footage, which does this sometimes, so naturally they take it out on it's creator.
Sume Gai

considering the series hasn't had a single clip episode and the fact that the vast majority of this episode is new high quality stuff I don't think this is near as bad as flash-backing from Destiny. Now if they start flash-backing to that scene from the end of Gen Two every time Asemu and Zeheart meet or showing Doles death every time Fram takes to the battle field that might be Fuduka-esce
Last edited by Sume Gai on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
DuelGundam2099

Arbiter is the one that called Fukuda on this, not me.
GX9900-Gundam-X

Meh I was some what okay with the Fawn Farsia as a design the origenal was okay I just hate that they gave it to Fram who kinda expected to sortie in a funnel filled updated Zedas but what I my self most want to know about is this Girard Spriggan character unlike tube guy or Zeheart she seems to be a serious rival potential that and the fact that Zanald is more final boss esq she could be a good true rival
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
Bryant Molirse

My guess, after Zeheart dies, she'll just Haman herself all over the nearest asteroid.
WARNING!!! I EDIT My posts in the image threads if there is NO NEW REPLIES!!
daigundam lagaan

FawnFarsia actually kinda impressed me IMO. I really liked this episode for its Animation. Best I've seen in a while in AGE. I don't care much for Girard. And Deen's deathflag is kinda gone now :/
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.