The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-6

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
kayone73

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-6

iCards wrote:Does anyone know what the Sid mobile Armor looks like? Since the last part of the opening features the Asuno's fighting their way into what appears to be an asteroid(EXA-DB maybe) I was wondering if the mobile armor at the end may be Sid.
If you look at Gundam Wikia, theres some scans of the Sid manga which shows pics of Sid

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Sid
Mythgarr

kayone73 wrote:Wendy is definitely my favorite Frau character despite her relatively sparse screen time.

Emily - annoying shrew
Romary - zero personality non-entity
Wendy - actually a cool and self-capable, strong character
Romary really have it hard, doesn't she? Given no character growth, her first love is a villain, the one she married left her for thirteen years, and his son left her for months.

And viewers brand her as zero personality non-entity. Poor, poor Romary.
Visit The Dreams
DuelGundam2099

Care to go into more detail with this?
HellCat

Mythgarr wrote:
kayone73 wrote:Wendy is definitely my favorite Frau character despite her relatively sparse screen time.

Emily - annoying shrew
Romary really have it hard, doesn't she? Given no character growth, her first love is a villain, the one she married left her for thirteen years, and his son left her for months.

What really gets me is that at the end of Asemu's arc they say "See? That was our plan all along!" by having Asemu say she's the unchanging anchor he needs, as if it excuses the fact all she did was squeak "Asemu..." or sometimes "Zeheart...".
Asemu had real chemistry with Arisa and instead he chooses Romary. It annoys me that for a show which should really have believable romance as a priority (we're talking about a show where Gundam pilots get old and start families), AGE instead opts to treat things as a forgone conclusion. I was really looking forward to seeing love forged in the fire of shared hardships.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
DuelGundam2099

Oh they had chemistry, the issue here is that the relationship development was limited to just the CD dramas.
MarshalBraginsky

It was also hard to develop a relationship between Asemu and Arisa because the creators decided that oh, we'll give Kio Asuno brown hair and let's find a woman who has the same hair. Although if I were Romary, I'd be scared at how unusually tall Asemu got over the past 13 years.
iCards

kayone73 wrote:
iCards wrote:Does anyone know what the Sid mobile Armor looks like? Since the last part of the opening features the Asuno's fighting their way into what appears to be an asteroid(EXA-DB maybe) I was wondering if the mobile armor at the end may be Sid.
If you look at Gundam Wikia, theres some scans of the Sid manga which shows pics of Sid

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Sid
Thanks for sharing. If that shadow isn't Sid it looked pretty darn close, IMO.
branman88

Can someone tell me what happens in Memories of Sid?
I AM THE CHOSEN CHILD OF GETTER!
E08

Mythgarr wrote:

Emily - annoying shrew

Given what she say at the end of Asemu's arc, it seems that she is never in love with Zeheart. The dialogue beside the lake can be a bit misleading.
HellCat

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Oh they had chemistry, the issue here is that the relationship development was limited to just the CD dramas.
What chemistry? The most we got was in the first 3 eps, that hinted Romary might have gone to the MS Club because of Asemu and Asemu doesn't exactly react negatively. After they enlisted they were lucky if they even had a scene together and then suddenly Asemu is telling her he wants to spend his life with her.
Meanwhile Arisa vanishes and we get her Dique clone son who had an interesting reaction to the Asemu's that vanished in a single episode.
Raptor

To be fair, even though I didn't like Romary, there is that scene inside the city where Asemu is still struggling with who he is, and she attempts to talk him through it.

Was that enough? No. But it was something more than has been stated.

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
Compass

kayone73 wrote:Ok, I'll give the AGE writers some credit for actually getting the war 'orphans' (in quotes since parents are still alive n kickin) the F*** off the ship for once.

And Wendy is definitely my favorite Frau character despite her relatively sparse screen time.

Emily - annoying shrew
I was holding my breath in expectation that somehow, for some horrible reason, the hallway would depressurize. I hold nothing above random left hooks that this series has thrown.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
iCards

branman88 wrote:Can someone tell me what happens in Memories of Sid?
From what I understand it revolves around a Bisidian Pirate named Wivik and what we come to know as the EXA-DB. It also features Asem's "final mission".
Cybaster

HellCat wrote:Asemu had real chemistry with Arisa and instead he chooses Romary. It annoys me that for a show which should really have believable romance as a priority (we're talking about a show where Gundam pilots get old and start families), AGE instead opts to treat things as a forgone conclusion. I was really looking forward to seeing love forged in the fire of shared hardships.
...Buh? Even as one who's never actually watched AGE, I have to wonder: where did this pairing come from, anyway? (And how'd it get so popular both here and in Japan? There's a whole tag on Pixiv dedicated specifically to Asemu/Arisa, albeit only 3 pages (for now, I guess) and a lot of it NSFW...and don't get me started on the Asemu/Zeheart and Zeheart/Asemu tags.)

It's like Thrall/Jaina in World of Warcraft lore all over again, I swear... <.<

Nonetheless, I highly doubt it'll happen, especially not after how SEED Destiny turned out as a precedent on what happens to a story if fan pressure ups and drives it into an entirely different direction. Level 5 might've gotten the idea on their own, but IMO certain fans being so outward about it (not to mention, naturally, what SC said below :P) probably sealed this pairing's fate.
Last edited by Cybaster on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
ShadowCell

Arisa slapped Asemu's ass once and as we all know that's all it takes

at any rate seeing as how Asemu and Arisa are both evidently married and not to each other and have both produced offspring i'm pretty sure that ship has been torpedoed in port
DuelGundam2099

Even as one who's never actually watched AGE, I have to wonder: where did this pairing come from, anyway?
Based on what I can gather:

-Fans start watching Asemu's arc
-Romary shows up
-Her hair looks like Kio's therefore it is logical they will have him with her genes being dominant
-Everyone waits for the inevitable romance development
-I find her ugly, I make a mean comment, blah blah blah
-No development
-Arisa shows up
-A friendship forms with them both being MS pilots
-Fans like Arisa more and start acting like me
-Ep 28 rushed a load of things including a rushed marriage
-Some fans take some things they said back including me
-Now fan thoughts include everything from Arisa having a secret affair to Romary apparently being MILF material

And the shippers somehow lived, perhaps they are ultimate coordinators.
Cybaster

DuelGundam2099 wrote: -Fans start watching Asemu's arc
-Romary shows up
-Her hair looks like Kio's therefore it is logical they will have him with her genes being dominant
-Everyone waits for the inevitable romance development
-I find her ugly, I make a mean comment, blah blah blah
-No development
-Arisa shows up
-A friendship forms with them both being MS pilots
-Fans like Arisa more and start acting like me
-Ep 28 rushed a load of things including a rushed marriage
-Some fans take some things they said back including me
-Now fan thoughts include everything from Arisa having a secret affair to Romary apparently being MILF material

And the shippers somehow lived, perhaps they are ultimate coordinators.
...Ow. Romary pulling a Nina Purpleton on Asemu on Zeheart's behalf probably didn't help her reputation, either, I guess. :?

But yeah, unlikely to happen.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
nacho-wan

This last episode reduced Romary to the level of a flower pot. A pretty thing to put in a corner without bothering anyone, not even her reckless absentee husband, or his child soldier son. And the flower pot hasn't aged well either.

As for the rest of the episode, I loved. Loved the opening, loved the Gundam FX and most of the character development aside from the flower pot issue and the absentee husband excuse: a lame approach that doesn't solve anything actively, but then there were very few chances of the writers working a reasonable argument.

Now I looking forward for more AGE to hear the new awsome theme and see the new awsome mecha in action ... something that I haven't felt in the last 40 episodes.
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
HellCat

Cybaster wrote:
HellCat wrote:Asemu had real chemistry with Arisa and instead he chooses Romary. It annoys me that for a show which should really have believable romance as a priority (we're talking about a show where Gundam pilots get old and start families), AGE instead opts to treat things as a forgone conclusion. I was really looking forward to seeing love forged in the fire of shared hardships.
...Buh? Even as one who's never actually watched AGE, I have to wonder: where did this pairing come from, anyway? (And how'd it get so popular both here and in Japan? There's a whole tag on Pixiv dedicated specifically to Asemu/Arisa, albeit only 3 pages (for now, I guess) and a lot of it NSFW...and don't get me started on the Asemu/Zeheart and Zeheart/Asemu tags.)
The show just did a much better job of creating a bond between Asemu and Arisa. They share actual scenes and look out for one another. Arisa even breaks regulations to go see Asemu whilst he's in the brig. Compare this to Romary who basically got no scenes with him, squeaked "Asemu..." with a concerned look week after week and got in the way when Asemu tried to arrest Zeheart, the leader of the enemy forces.

Sometimes there are pairings which come out of nowhere but this really isn't one of them and if the creators are wondering why it has such strong support, I'd shake my head.
But what do I know? True love is the woman shutting up and going along with the man, the show said so.
Raptor

Despite defending Romary for as long as I could last gen, I do find some irony in the situation. We normally find the canon pairing that has the kind of support Asemu and Arisa had scene wise, and then normally fans take the smallest detail and make it THE fan pairing for the character, even if that pairing only has a few scant scenes, the kind of support scene wise that Asemu and Romary had.

Admittedly, I do wonder what would have happened if the Fairy Tail incident had happened again. For those who don't watch it, there was very early on a scene between Iron Dragonslayer Gazeel Reitfox and Script Mage Levy. One scene. And fans went crazy over it. Gazeel X Levy fanfics, doujin and fan art abounded. So much so, that the author, Hiro Mashima, decided to make it a canon pairing. Even stating that, "He had never planned to do so originally, but after reading a Doujin, it was the only pairing that made sense for Gazeel".

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.