The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-6

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Blazer-X

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-6

HellCat wrote:But Asemu's? It was stalemate battles between Zeheart's forces and the Diva, whilst the Vagan were supposedly trying to capture the AGE System but seemed to forget that.
But that's exactly it. Asemu is all about bringing the war to a stalemate. :lol:
pk-man
Location: receiving faxes in the washroom, on Deck 9 aboard White Base

Wingnut wrote:Also on the Captain Natora front, we have her questioning the use of a very powerful weapon by Flit on the Luna base. I do hope that she'll refuse that order and call for the base to be taken normally and finally live up to her captain potential even if it means becoming the Murrue to Kio's Kira.

I hope I don't regret that analogy.
Maybe she prefers the backdoor approach?
HellCat

Blazer-X wrote:
HellCat wrote:But Asemu's? It was stalemate battles between Zeheart's forces and the Diva, whilst the Vagan were supposedly trying to capture the AGE System but seemed to forget that.
But that's exactly it. Asemu is all about bringing the war to a stalemate. :lol:
Well played, sir.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Dark Duel

Well, I finally decided to get back to it and watched the last couple of episodes.
And frankly, I enjoyed it. Mostly. The Legilis Gundam is...meh. okay. To me it basically comes across about like I expected, which is to say like some kind of bastard child of the Ghiraga and a Dorado, only sporting a Gundam-style paint job.
I LOL'd a bit through when Kio and Asem made their respective returns, meeting Romary after three months and thirteen years respectively. I still think it was kind of a bum move on Asem's part to just disappear for so friggin' long though.
The new OP and ED I liked. I personally preferred the previous OP, but I did like both of them. I am rather curious though to see how Grandpa Genocide reacts to seeing a Farsia again next episode...

On a last note: Kio in the AGE-FX...HOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP. That was friggin' awesome. Honestly, I wasn't impressed by the AGE-FX based on its lineart, but after seeing it in action it's probably my favorite of the AGE-series Gundams. Plus, I love that Kio acknowledges that what he's doing is stupid, but he does it anyway. Very different from the self-righteous attitude of the last guy to do that. And IMO, it's done much more convincingly with the AGE-FX's C-Funnels than with Freedom/Strike Freedom's beam spam.
So yeah, I'm impressed. I'm also glad to see that, judging from the OP, we will see exactly what I've been hoping to see since first hearing about this series, with all three protagonists together; but of course I suppose that was bound to happen.
I'm kinda looking forward to seeing the Ghiraga go up against the AGE-FX. That could be interesting.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
DuelGundam2099

Maybe she prefers the backdoor approach?
I see what you did there. :lol:

Seriously though, can we at least hold off on calling Flit evil until he does cross the line of, you know, doing something?
ShadowCell

telling your son and grandson all about how you have to exterminate the Vagans, how every single one of them is simply an enemy, and muttering to yourself that you will wipe out every single Vagan, doesn't really make you look like you're headed anywhere else
anonena

I guess that long hair boy = last boss
Mythgarr

Is that a boy though? The first time I saw it, my thought: my, what a curvy body.
But despite that, my thought always come to Kahran Ramsus
Spoiler
(that emperor-killer emperor wannabe from Xenogears)
Visit The Dreams
DuelGundam2099

doesn't really make you look like you're headed anywhere else
But he is not YET. :wink:

So, did anyone from Bandai, Sunrise, Level 5, etc state when the series would be wrapping up yet?
HellCat

DuelGundam2099 wrote:
doesn't really make you look like you're headed anywhere else
But he is not YET. :wink:

So, did anyone from Bandai, Sunrise, Level 5, etc state when the series would be wrapping up yet?
52 episodes is the only current count offered by Sunrise.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Mythgarr

Part of me wish to have AGE Season 2 somehow....well into the Victory Gundam analogue where seventh, eight, and ninth generation Asuno is facing alien forces looking to eradicate humans because they have shown potentials to recklessly used the universe's exergy and have been accelerating the heat death of the universe.
Visit The Dreams
DuelGundam2099

52 episodes is the only current count offered by Sunrise.
They're seriously trying to pass Victory Gundam with the record for most episodes? All I can say is: Eh.

Who knows, maybe near or in the finale Flit and Asemu will get killed off and Kio will be the last Asuno standing. If they do that, bravo Bandai, that is something nobody would see coming.
Raptor

Except for you, apparently, my friend. :J

But no. I instead want to see Zombie Woolf rise from the ashes and attack the Vagan forces, which will make "Ash" give up his Pirating ways to retake his Piloting ways, and paint the Dark Hound white, turning it into the White Hound, while Woolf gets his own AGE-2 Dark Hound Custom, the Woolf Hound. They then fight together, alongside Grandpa Flit, Super-Newtype Kio and the reformed Zeheart, who finds love with Fram, who survives because Flit gives her a SUPAH PEPU TALK. Then Deen sees the error of his ways, and joins up, piloting the remade AGE-3 so that Sunrise could sell more Gunpla of it. But now it has a weird name, like the AGE-3-V, or AGE-3 DEEN CUSTOM, so that they can sell it as a brand new kit as well. Together, they all confront Ezelcant, but are powerless to stop him until a now extremely old Ract Elfamel, in his super sweet yet now outdated Elmeda appear and he finally gets the suicide he wanted so badly, giving the good guys the urge they need to win.

There. CALLING IT.

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
Strike Zero

Holy moly, what is it with this show and its fetish for time skips? I mean, I suppose it's cool that they're trying to account for the obscene distance they would have had to travel to get from Mars to Earth, but then again they never really addressed that the first time around when Asemu took his band of merry men towards Mars, I mean, it felt like he managed to get there over the course of a few days at most, but then agan again I don't believe they ever established how far away from Earth that debris field of ice was, so I suppose they could have started out about halfway to Mars, but then again again AGAIN-- okay, I'mma stop now.

AGE-FX was pretty cool. I liked it better when it was called the 00 Quan[T], but the 00 Quan[T] never actually got to do a whole lot, so I'll take what I can get.

And, oh boy, looks like Flit has gone ahead an pulled the "Nuke 'Em From Orbit" card! Part of me is actually hoping he does it, just because the drama that would ensue would be incredibly amusing to watch, but most likely Kio would end up thwarting it via his Unlimited Funnel Works.

On an unrelated note: who the heck was was that creepy albeit somewhat sexy-looking chick lurking in the background on the moon base? And what was up with Ezelcant's person-in-a-tube? Is he in the buisness of making INNOBEITAHS now? Or perhaps it's a clone of Kio modeled after Ezelcant's late son made using DNA gathered from Kio while he was at the Second Moon? Meh, who knows. All we can say for sure is that whatever will ensue from this will be incredibly rushed and quite possibly highly unsatisfying.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
GX9900-Gundam-X

Strike Zero wrote:On an unrelated note: who the heck was was that creepy albeit somewhat sexy-looking chick lurking in the background on the moon base?.
That would be Girard Spriggan the one algreus wanted to give the AGE-1 Flat to apprently she is going to pilot the yellow G-bouncer clone in the op she seems badass
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
E08

GX9900-Gundam-X wrote:
Strike Zero wrote:On an unrelated note: who the heck was was that creepy albeit somewhat sexy-looking chick lurking in the background on the moon base?.
That would be Girard Spriggan the one algreus wanted to give the AGE-1 Flat to apprently she is going to pilot the yellow G-bouncer clone in the op she seems badass
That decision is made by those above algerus.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Given that she is both female and a villain, I expect her to be relatively flat, personality-wise and to die relatively soon.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Compass

What about tube sock pig tails girl? She's female and arguably a "villian" and has arguably had the same amount of development as Wendy.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Dark Duel

You mean Fram Nara? The purple-haired one?
Meh. Par for the course as far as female characters are concerned. I can't think of any that got any real significant development.
And in any case it's basically a moot point, as I have a feeling we'll be seeing her getting killed off next episode.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
kayone73

Ok, I'll give the AGE writers some credit for actually getting the war 'orphans' (in quotes since parents are still alive n kickin) the F*** off the ship for once.

And Wendy is definitely my favorite Frau character despite her relatively sparse screen time.

Emily - annoying shrew
Romary - zero personality non-entity
Wendy - actually a cool and self-capable, strong character