The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-6

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ShadowCell

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-6

Flit has never distinguished between Vagan civilians and military. granted, up until episode 40 he never had much reason to do so because he'd only ever encountered the military, but now he doesn't really have an excuse.
Amion

As far as the guy in the tube is concerned, I think it just might be Kio. they took a DNA sample back when Kio got the medicine for Lu in 38 (or was it 39?) so maybe Ezelcant got the idea to just clone a Kio for himself. Though a second Ezelcant would sound right, especially since he doesn't look so good at the moment, clutching his heart and stumbling and all. I mean, the guy's what? in his nineties?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Outlaw

Chris wrote:Don't confuse fan bitching with actual performance...
*nods solemnly* Indeed. Rule #1 of the internet: don't trust the internet.
latenlazy wrote:The nice thing about Kio's no-kill policy is that it's not holier than thou. He acknowledges it's potentially reckless and stupid.
It's a sight better than wheeeeeee, "STOP FIGHTING!!" *beam spam* every hostile MS in a 2.485484 mile radius is disabled!
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Compass

I also like the part where the first pilot he disables gets out the cockpit and literally says "what the F?"
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Raptor

Now we just need to get the guy who has a AR in his cockpit, and tries to shoot down the FX with it.

"Once the Zamdrag is mass produced"...

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
Sume Gai

I must say using sword bits as a disabling weapon feels far more natural than lots of multicolored cannons that miraculously never hit anything vital while moving down machines a dozen at a time. It also felt like Kio wasn't carrying the whole fight on his own which helped. Nor is he going about yelling at everyone around him to do the same.

Small as these touches might be, I think this is a good way to do a protagonist who avoids killing. It's a personal decision that he admits may be a foolish one. Of course how this plays for the rest of the series is up in the air. I don't know if I want it to come back to bite him (as I think a no kill policy is an Ideal worth pursuing) but I do want to see it tested to some degree.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Wingnut

Also on the Captain Natora front, we have her questioning the use of a very powerful weapon by Flit on the Luna base. I do hope that she'll refuse that order and call for the base to be taken normally and finally live up to her captain potential even if it means becoming the Murrue to Kio's Kira.

I hope I don't regret that analogy.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
2NA Fish

I think this was my favourite episode of Kio's arc so far.

Asem's reason for being a pirate is naive, as Flit said, so call me naive too, but I think it was a great approach. Rather than pick a side, he chose to sit in the shadows and pull strings. If you can't stop it, you can at least try to keep damage to a minimum.

I'm also liking that Kill em All Flit's ready to take his next step into Bask mode and bust out the inhumane Super Weapon. The way they've showed him in a darker and darker light as the series has progressed has been an experience to watch. The 2 most likely people to stop him will of course be Natora and Asem, and I'm hoping it will be an epic and emotional scene. Feels like a lot of stuff we've been sitting through in the series is going to pay off in the next couple of episodes, so if the coming weeks are good, all those episodes of crap will be worth it.

On the guy in the tube, I was thinking it might be a clone of Ezelcant's son, although that kinda ruins his relationship with Kio a bit. I'm also hoping that Zanald doesn't get Starscreamed because of this new character.

"My fellow Vagans, as your new leader I... WHO DISRUPTS MY CORONATION?!"
GX9900-Gundam-X

Hurray Jusus Yamato doth not rise a second time maybe we can see understanding done right now i just want to see what Spriggan is like and is the plasma diver this Great massacre weapon that the scripts for 40 41 seem to mention
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
iCards

Random thinking:

The new opening made me think of similarities between AGE and Destiny, specifically the three protagonists.

Flit/Shinn: First announced protagonist of the series ends up with an ever growing hatred that just consumes him.

Asem/Athrun: Asem's character arc makes him a very different character but both end up fighting a friend on the battlefield and doing controversial things for the sake of protecting precious people.(Asem being a Pirate and Athrun rejoining ZAFT)

Kio/Kira: Both start out very naive, Kio thinking of the "video games" as actual warfare and Kira living isolated from the warfare around him. Both go through arcs that convince them on a no kill policy(Kio being taken to Mars and interacting with Vegan citizens, and Kira killing his friend's(Athrun's) friend(Nicol) and being driven to kill his friend(Athrun) because said friend kills another friend(Tolle). ((That was too long.))

The only quality I see that can salvage this trio is the family bond.

Also, new previews from the AGE game show that the game expands on time between generations.
daigundam lagaan

iCards wrote:Random thinking:

The new opening made me think of similarities between AGE and Destiny, specifically the three protagonists.
well, I think you went in too deep into this. Personally, the similarities of the openings between SEED and Destiny were pretty much superficial. I mean, Shinn was put out as the bad guy in the middle of the series. Flit is kinda like him, except we know he isn't a main character, and they did plan for his descendants to overtake him as protagonists. with AGE, we knew it was about the Asuno family, they're all pretty much main characters and not cast aside to be complete puppets. Though Shinn and Flit were both revenge driven, Flit still thinks for himself. Well, Asem and Athurun are aslo pretty different because of the execution of their characters. I do agree with you about Kio and Kira to a certain extent though/
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.
Jak Crow

Great. We get another Kira, not wanting to kill the people trying to kill him. Not again.

I also thought the reason Asemu joined the pirates was oddly naive, since the reason in the manga was to fight the vagan and corrupt elements in the federation unhindered.
Kei Katsuragi

I personally think the AGE-FX looks great. Its legs man, its legs...

Now, as for Kio being Kira, I kind of compare him more to Loran then to Kira. Both of them were from one planet/moon and experienced the other planet's culture and how its populace live. They didn't think of them as lesser people like, and fought so both sides could reach an understanding. Only difference is that Kio is still fighting with his fellow Earthers, while Loran fought against his people. I think the way he is doing it in combat is kind of nice too (how he inexplicably got good at piloting is another story).

My favorite moment of this episode was easily when Obright saved that grunt. It was a nice little moment for him :D

Flit is upsetting me more each episode I see him, and Asemu still seems like a horrible parent.

It was also weird of the staff to put the middle of this episode at the beginning. I have been watching Vifam lately, and they do that in every episode
Compass

Wouldn't Lu's brother be more like Shinn?

I mean, sister dying due to circumstances of war and all that, and generically setting the enemy as "Opposing Faction."
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Raptor

I'm going to sound like "THAT" guy when I say this, but hear me out.

As I watch more of AGE, I find myself missing the premise of the first generation more and more. Unidentified enemies, a mysterious reason for their actions, pretty interesting "Main Villain" too.

Now to clarify, I still find a few interesting villains on the Vagan side, but I would have preferred if it had taken longer to find out about them. Maybe I've watched too much Macross, but seeing an Unidentified enemy with strange MS sweeping in and causing damage was awesome.

My distinction from "THAT" guy is my opinion of Gen 2. It wasn't the worst, but neither was it the best. I can't help but wonder how different it would have been if we still hadn't known who the Vagan are. Zeheart could have simply been a traitor, working for the UE, but it just seemed more pressing when they could strike from seemingly nowhere and nothing was known.

Finding out in the last few episodes wouldn't have been so bad, would it?

Also, as to all these comparisons to SEED/Destiny. How dare you make all those references, but not make a comment about the Holmes of the Battlefield. Now we just need him to make the Impossible Possible.

In all seriousness, though, I see where you're coming from, but I don't make the connection past the most basic elements of their characters.

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
Amion

Raptor wrote:I'm going to sound like "THAT" guy when I say this, but hear me out.

As I watch more of AGE, I find myself missing the premise of the first generation more and more. Unidentified enemies, a mysterious reason for their actions, pretty interesting "Main Villain" too.

Now to clarify, I still find a few interesting villains on the Vagan side, but I would have preferred if it had taken longer to find out about them. Maybe I've watched too much Macross, but seeing an Unidentified enemy with strange MS sweeping in and causing damage was awesome.

My distinction from "THAT" guy is my opinion of Gen 2. It wasn't the worst, but neither was it the best. I can't help but wonder how different it would have been if we still hadn't known who the Vagan are. Zeheart could have simply been a traitor, working for the UE, but it just seemed more pressing when they could strike from seemingly nowhere and nothing was known.

Finding out in the last few episodes wouldn't have been so bad, would it?

Also, as to all these comparisons to SEED/Destiny. How dare you make all those references, but not make a comment about the Holmes of the Battlefield. Now we just need him to make the Impossible Possible.

In all seriousness, though, I see where you're coming from, but I don't make the connection past the most basic elements of their characters.

-Raptor, out.
I was wondering about that too, Raptor. IMO the UE could have made second gen a whole heck of a lot more interesting. Imagine Asemu finding out about the Vagan's true nature as he went along. His character would certainly not have hurt from an extra dynamic. And once he found out, he could have journeyed to the Mars sphere at some point to ascertain the truth. That would have been a better reason for abandoning his family, I think.

And I don't really understand why everyone is raving about the second coming of Kira Yamato. Kio is nothing like Kira right now, he just wants to show the Vagan compassion, something they apparently don't even understand. I mean, it's not like we have actually seen the Federation taking prisoners so far. Can't everyone wait until the next few episodes to start making complaints about Kio's behavior?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
HellCat

Right now for me Asemu's arc feels almost like filler. Flit's arc was about preparing for a strike on Ambat, Kio's is about finding to end the war. But Asemu's? It was stalemate battles between Zeheart's forces and the Diva, whilst the Vagan were supposedly trying to capture the AGE System but seemed to forget that. It's even fairly awkward that the arc ended on Asemu and Zeheart saving Earth together and now Zeheart is all 'Asemu, I'll end it this time'. The whole friendship between the two is supposed to suggest there can be a peace but the characters and their relationship are all over the place.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
DuelGundam2099

If the trailer for the Age games have been any indication, in the next episode Dark Hound will square off against Ghinga; so it might not be complete filler.
iCards

Does anyone know what the Sid mobile Armor looks like? Since the last part of the opening features the Asuno's fighting their way into what appears to be an asteroid(EXA-DB maybe) I was wondering if the mobile armor at the end may be Sid.